Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/2/2015 1:27:09 PM EDT
I have a CMMG Mk9 (dedicated magwell) SBR that I really like.  I also have a .22 AR upper that I really like.

Has anyone ever made or modified a magazine for the Colt patterm 9mm guns to work with a .22 upper?  Could .22 UZI mags be made to work?

I don't mind trying some different things out, but I also don't want to reinvent the wheel if someone has already done the work here....

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:33:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Think you're on your own here, bud.  It's probably going to be less expensive to SBR another inexpensive lower.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 6:04:59 PM EDT
[#2]
22 uzi mags might work. You'd need to test fit to see if the 9mm lower positions the mag where the 22 upper expects it and at the correct height.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:17:22 PM EDT
[#3]
You would be time, money and frustration ahead if you just picked up a different lower. One of the Anderson's/ PSA or others and some odds and ends from the parts bin/EE and Bob's your uncle.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 1:12:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I say go for it.  If it doesn't go bang, just build a dedicated.  You'd have parts and an excuse.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 6:50:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I understand the economics involved with obtaining a SBR but every extra dedicated upper I owned eventually morphed into a complete gun with it's own lower.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:38:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
22 uzi mags might work. You'd need to test fit to see if the 9mm lower positions the mag where the 22 upper expects it and at the correct height.
View Quote

Black Dog has some cheap enough that I might order a couple and give it a go.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:37:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd be interested to know too.  Looks like the Black Dog mags would need the Colt pattern mag catch cut, but for $15 it's worth a try.

Sure you can (and will) SBR another lower, but the Form1 times are up to around 105+ days now. If you order the BDM mags today, You could be testing this out by the weekend.   Options are a good thing to have.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:53:13 PM EDT
[#8]
You would have to move the ejector on it to a position to hit the round as the bolt is coming back.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 9:04:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You would have to move the ejector on it to a position to hit the round as the bolt is coming back.
View Quote

Nope, you'd have to remove it entirely.  The ejector on the .22 is built into the kit.

Advantage Arms sells 25rd mags that might work with the QC10 GSF lowers as well.  No mag catch mods needed for those.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:28:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I understand the economics involved with obtaining a SBR but every extra dedicated upper I owned eventually morphed into a complete gun with it's own lower.
View Quote

BRD strikes again.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:33:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I really want to see if somebody pulled this off.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top