Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/29/2015 7:25:11 PM EDT
I've been reading up on the glock magazine 9mm carbines for a while and the one thing that I discovered is that they seem rather hit or miss, or not as reliable and ready for use as per say the colt 9mm or the HK MP5. There are many options with different dedicated lowers, drop ins and complete 9mm built rifles from the ground up. My perfect weapon would be a glock magazine fed CZ scorpion.

I've mostly overlooked the build/tinker with your own AR 9mm to make it work route. I've been very interested in those built for the glock magazine from the ground up. The Angstad Arms and TNW ASP/ ASR really get my attention as the end game is to make a SBR. Can anybody recommend a glock feed carbine/pistol?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:37:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:32:31 AM EDT
[#2]
You have some choices as will be noted here. I can't comment on every possible option, only the ones I have personal experience with.  My most reliable Glock mag'ed AR styled carbine is my JRC. But, that is in rifle configuration. I  have no idea of what that would be like in an SBR or a pistol set-up.

I have a TNW ASR, one of the first 200 made. It had a few issues early on but they got resolved. I understant people have great luck with the new ones. They come in pistol or rifle configuration and are very easy to SBR. The ASR if much lighter than the JRC. The JRC is the most reliable however, even through both are pretty darn trouble free.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:58:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You have some choices as will be noted here. I can't comment on every possible option, only the ones I have personal experience with.  My most reliable Glock mag'ed AR styled carbine is my JRC. But, that is in rifle configuration. I  have no idea of what that would be like in an SBR or a pistol set-up.

I have a TNW ASR, one of the first 200 made. It had a few issues early on but they got resolved. I understant people have great luck with the new ones. They come in pistol or rifle configuration and are very easy to SBR. The ASR if much lighter than the JRC. The JRC is the most reliable however, even through both are pretty darn trouble free.
View Quote

Nice enough that when and if cash flow were possible, it would be after my 9mm Form 1 can is approved. Trying to convince the spouse her JRC as a SBR would really compliment her 11.5" AR. Seems her NFA items are household expenses.  Although a 10mm mad machinist upper has piqued my interest.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:02:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Nice enough that when and if cash flow were possible, it would be after my 9mm Form 1 can is approved. Trying to convince the spouse her JRC as a SBR would really compliment her 11.5" AR. Seems her NFA items are household expenses.  Although a 10mm mad machinist upper has piqued my interest.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I looked into the JRC too but the lack of sbr examples really made me question it. I see fronteir put out a new glock lower as well.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:20:16 AM EDT
[#5]
After maybe 500 rounds, our Olympic K40-GL has been just about perfect.
The only downside I've encountered is that it's not fond of the Korean high-capacity magazines (seating issues).
It works with standard G22 mags just fine, so the longer ones are used in the Kel-Tec Sub2000.......which doesn't care.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:58:41 PM EDT
[#6]
The QC10 lower doesn't like "Asian Military Contract" Glock-compatible magazines, either.  So far, that's the only thing I've found iffy with mine.  The BHO works on mine too - with a genuine Glock magazine, at least.

I gotta get a couple of the new Magpul Glock 17 mags to try out.  I'd trust Magpul to get it right over Nameless Asian Plastic Company every time.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:25:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The QC10 lower doesn't like "Asian Military Contract" Glock-compatible magazines, either.  So far, that's the only thing I've found iffy with mine.  The BHO works on mine too - with a genuine Glock magazine, at least.

I gotta get a couple of the new Magpul Glock 17 mags to try out.  I'd trust Magpul to get it right over Nameless Asian Plastic Company every time.
View Quote

I just picked up a Magpul Glock mag and it didn't fit very well. I had to force the mag catch down to lock it in but then it was hard to drop out. I haven't gotten my factory Glock mags yet so Im hoping its the mag and not the lower.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:35:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Change the spring for a Glock unit.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:44:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I looked into the JRC too but the lack of sbr examples really made me question it. I see fronteir put out a new glock lower as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's one. What exactly are you needing to see, one with a short bbl? It's the same gun only a 5 - 14" bbl and not a 16" one.

http://nfatalk.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6501

Mine's a 16" unit with strike ind rifle length keymod rail. I've removed that clunky buttstock and went back to a basic AR one.
Eventually this will get cut and threaded , probably down to 7.5 ". It came from JRC as a 9mm , i've since changed it to 45.  

Basic AFG up front using a magpul rail section.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:38:01 AM EDT
[#10]
http://www.thureondefense.com/content/thureon-defense-ga-octagonal-handguard-picatinny-rail-kit-magpul-ctr-buttstock-magpul-mbus-g
Hikok 45 has a great video on YouTube of this
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:27:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It wasn't function.  It was the magazine catch notch on the aftermarket mag.  It isn't shaped right for the way the carbine's catch works, so the mag doesn't stay in place.  If I held the gun so I could keep the magazine in, it ran fine, but that's not the way I hold a rifle.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:45:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
We've had zero issues with Macon Armory uppers and QC10 lowers......don't believe I've ever had a malfunction with mine.....and I have sold dozens of the new uppers we are doing to a client for security use.....he is running QC10 lowers and Macon Armory uppers....
I do a little something different on the breech of the barrel that enhances reliability.
View Quote

Do you make any 9mm uppers?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:30:42 PM EDT
[#13]
If you want the most reliable 9mm carbine in my opinion,it would be a thureon defense. They are built for the glock magazine
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:31:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Oh man everybody has a different opinion. Hope that is a good thing!
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:02:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:02:32 PM EDT
[#16]
I had a JR carbine in 9mm. I liked it , but didnt like that I had to remove the stock to break down for cleaning. Iupgraded to aLone Wolf 9mm Ar. I have about 700 round through it with no problems at all.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:25:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I had a JR carbine in 9mm. I liked it , but didnt like that I had to remove the stock to break down for cleaning.
View Quote

Well, yes and no.

I clean mine by locking the bolt back. Its only after a LOT of rounds that one needs to break it down for cleaning. I mean like 1,000 rounds or more! When you do break it down its a five minute job so for me its not at all a deal breaker. Certainly easier to break down the JRC than a Hi-Point 995, a PC-9 Ruger, a Marlin Camp 9, etc.  (yeah, I own a few other 9mm PCC's and don't see the JRC as "complicated")
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 6:14:44 PM EDT
[#18]
I noticed nobody seems to talked about the Lone Wolf Glock carbine.  Does anyone have any experience with that and how it stacks up against QC10?
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 8:14:07 PM EDT
[#19]

Greetings,

I'd almost purchased a LW lower years ago, but it seemed at that time they were having production/delivery/quality issues so I didn't. Then, somewhat later DDLES came out with their Glock mag lower and I paid up front to get on the year long wait to (fortunately) get one (and not get ripped off as many others did). The other parts were purchased piece by piece over that year wait and I don't think any two came from the same manufacture. So, guess it's a true fraken-carbine. Anyway, other than continued issues with the last round bolt hold open (just ordered an updated part to hopefully fix that), for the last 2 years the carbine has been 100% perfect with all the ammo types I've tried (some more accurate than others, but all functioned fine). I probably shoot this 9mm AR more than all my other ARs with the possible exception of the .22LR version I built. If I were to guess, it probably has had 5K rounds through it so far. I'd be glad to post the build list if would be of any help. I'd also not hesitate to go with the new company QC10 Glock lower if I was to build another. Best of luck with your project!

Regards, Jim

Quoted:
I noticed nobody seems to talked about the Lone Wolf Glock carbine.  Does anyone have any experience with that and how it stacks up against QC10?
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 8:47:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 9:54:04 PM EDT
[#21]
I believe QC10 and Macon Armory will be getting my business. What upper do you guys recommend to reduce or eliminate blowback from a suppressor? There seems to be a myriad of options available when it comes to an upper as well although the now out of production spikes stripped upper looks like the best.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 10:26:54 PM EDT
[#22]
My TNW  ASP has been trouble free save the extractor was a little to sharp for aluminum cased ammo. I haven't tried it with aluminum cased since it was new so I don't know if a little wear on the extractor has taken care of the problem, but when it was new, it cut into the casing and held on to it causing FTEs. Never had any issue with steel or brass cased ammo. It's fun to shoot both suppressed and unsuppressed. I got allot of inquiries about it at a suppressor shoot I attended earlier this year and I think it would make an excellent SBR. I have put 115 , 124 and 147gr ammo through it with no issues. I also have not had any problem using the $10, 33rd "Asian military" mags I got from CDNN. They feed great and drop free etc. No problem loading them to capacity either.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 11:42:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I have a lone wolf....runs fine with everything I put on it......main difference QC10 has LRBHO...Lone Wolf doesn't have LRBHO
View Quote

LWD has been boringly reliable for 5k plus rounds.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top