Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/29/2015 11:16:32 AM EDT
I am looking for a 9mm in 5.5-7" in length. I found YHM makes them in 5.5" and ADCO makes them in 5.5" and 7". Are there any other sources out there?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:27:12 AM EDT
[#1]
MAS Defense
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 12:36:18 PM EDT
[#2]
If you don't mind an extra 1/2" fat boy tactical has a 7.5" that is reasonably priced.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 12:41:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:41:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We actually offer any length you want under 7" with any thread pattern you want.
View Quote

I will most likely take this offer when I am ready to buy the barrel. Interested in 7" to fit a 7" rail and Lantac Dragon.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:23:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a 5in Orion barrel.  Picked it up on gunbroker and it's threaded 5/8x24 so super easy to find any .308 break for it.  Also have an adapter  for my silencer.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:00:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I will most likely take this offer when I am ready to buy the barrel. Interested in 7" to fit a 7" rail and Lantac Dragon.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We actually offer any length you want under 7" with any thread pattern you want.

I think the 9mm lantac comes in 1x36
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:29:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:32:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:20:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If you want a 9mm barrel to have the shoulder behind the threads in front of a 7 inch handguard it will need to be about 8.5 inches long.......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you want a 9mm barrel to have the shoulder behind the threads in front of a 7 inch handguard it will need to be about 8.5 inches long.......

I want some overlap so that the handguard edge will sit right before the vents. I assume the vents of the dragon don't start for at least 0.75", leaving the initial 0.50" overlapping for the threads of the barrel. I could totally be wrong in my assumption.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:37:18 AM EDT
[#10]
My original plan was to go with a 5.5" barrel, but there are few short handguard choices without having to cut down a longer one. I like the SLR 4.75" handguard but can't see myself spending $180 for it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:53:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My original plan was to go with a 5.5" barrel, but there are few short handguard choices without having to cut down a longer one. I like the SLR 4.75" handguard but can't see myself spending $180 for it.
View Quote

Do it, that's what building your own guns are about, Improvising.  Sooner or later everyone joins WECSOG. Then they buy real tools or send it to someone with more knowledge & experience. Like one of the reputable smiths who responded .  

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:37:49 AM EDT
[#12]
I got my 5.5" from Quarter Circle 10.  Paired it with the 5.5" Odin Works Keymod handguard.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:18:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I got my 5.5" from Quarter Circle 10.  Paired it with the 5.5" Odin Works Keymod handguard.
View Quote

Do you have a picture of your build?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:08:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll try to take one and post it tonight.  The Angstadt Arms UDP (below) uses the same handguard and barrel length.  I have a KX5 on mine instead of the A2.  Almost shot my finger off using the A2, wanted more room between the end of the barrel and the handguard for my own piece of mind.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:41:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'll try to take one and post it tonight.  The Angstadt Arms UDP (below) uses the same handguard and barrel length.  I have a KX5 on mine instead of the A2.  Almost shot my finger off using the A2, wanted more room between the end of the barrel and the handguard for my own piece of mind.

http://angstadtarms.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/aarms-udp9-lwrc-sbr-small.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://angstadtarms.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/aarms-udp9-lwrc-sbr-small.jpg

What buffer are you using with that stock setup? Also, what grain ammo do you normally shoot? Issues?

ETA: Just realized that's not your actual firearm. Disregard
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 10:26:06 AM EDT
[#16]
What are you putting it on?  From personal experience (there's a thread here about it) the QC10 barrel for the QC10 Glock lower is a no brainer and will save you a lot of headache.    The feed profile eliminated a butt ton of issues I had with a more standard feed profiled barrel.  

If it's on a colt based 9mm lower then it's not as big a deal.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top