Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/26/2015 9:33:08 PM EDT
price is the same, standard or glock cut ramped bolt.
if I am doing the colt style instead of glock, does it matter if I get the glock cut?

Just thinking of interchangablility or if I change my mind later.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:43:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:58:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'd say no reason not to....I have cut a few and run them with a colt pattern mag as a test.....the one I have done were no problem.....but the sample size isn't huge....only done and 5 or 6 that I actually tested with the Colt mags.......BUT that is ones that I cut in my shop on my machines.....so I can't speak for any others.....
View Quote

With Colt mags being double-feed and Glock mags being single-feed - is there a point at which cutting them could reduce reliability? Do you cut yours as narrow as say, the JP bolt?

Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:03:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Always have wondered the same.
Good question OP.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 9:30:42 AM EDT
[#4]
The Glock clearance on a 9mm AR bolt is very small.  I have not tried my Glock cut bolt with my Colt-style setups, but I do not see any real reason for it not to work.  You might see some issues with off-brand of otherwise iffy magazines, but with Metalform magazines and modified Uzi mags, it should run fine.

Note to self: try this out just to see.....
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:09:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 4:26:16 PM EDT
[#6]
so sounds like I should be fine picking up a glock cut bolt even if I run a colt style mag.

thanks.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:14:23 AM EDT
[#7]
My Glock cut bolt works fine in two Colt type 9mms.

Mad-Machinist cut mine.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:43:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm thinking Rudy should start offering 9mm blowback bolts pre-ramped and Glock-cut
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:27:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:50:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Rudy did a bolt for me for a QC10 GSF gun.  Works great, looks great, and he got it done quickly, too.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top