Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/22/2015 6:25:32 PM EDT
Does anybody have a Black Creek Precision EF9  9mm Lower Receiver ?

Is it better than CMMG ?

I am not interested in a QC 10
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 6:29:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the slim version. Works great. No complaints.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:14:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I had the feed ramp come loose after 250-300 rounds. It's held in by a set screw and comes out easily enough. I added some thread locker. We'll see how that does. Other than that, no complaints.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:02:40 PM EDT
[#3]
tag for info, looking into one of these myself
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:03:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I have both the CMMG & BCP.  

I'm really like the BCP.  Nothing wrong with the CMMG, but BCP's new design with the BHO lift is an outstanding idea.

Here is a link were we discussed the BCP earlier.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_15/673941_Does_anyone_have_any_experience_.html
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:24:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the slim version. Works great. No complaints.
View Quote

The EF9 is the slim version

I have  a EF9 also have a DDLES colt 9  both run flawless

Just checking  Blackcreek  they have the LE9 on sale for $125
http://blackcreekprecision.com/parts-accessories/lower-receivers/gpi-dedicated-9mm-forged-lower-receiver-assembly.html
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:15:03 AM EDT
[#6]
can one of yall that has one post pictures of the bolt catch? i've asked BCP to update their pictures but they haven't gotten back to me or updated the pictures
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:51:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
can one of yall that has one post pictures of the bolt catch? i've asked BCP to update their pictures but they haven't gotten back to me or updated the pictures
View Quote

I think the BC is different depending on the model and maybe production date
I spoke to them, Rick I think, on the phone asking about some spare parts

I try post some pictures  this evening

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:17:59 AM EDT
[#8]
The difference between the two lowers is that the slim one has a riser and the standard one has the long 9mm bolt catch.    The slim one is also lighter.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 2:24:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Im really looking forward to trying out the EF9. Just wish they would go on sale like the full size one.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 2:48:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Im really looking forward to trying out the EF9. Just wish they would go on sale like the full size one.
View Quote

only reason the full size ones are on sale is because they are discontinuing them
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 4:25:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I have an EF9. Excellent product. Mine is Serial #0002x.

It has a lifter for the Bolt Catch instead of the old long finger 9mm catch. The Bolt Catch and Rear Detent are also threaded, a wonderful feature. Mine was mated to  Model One Sales Slick Sick A3 upper and it was very, very tight at first. It has now loosened a little and is perfect. It also has the upper tensioning screw in case I should need it.

They also have great customer service and are very responsive. I have nothing but good things to say about them!

If you have any more questikns, fire away!!
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:46:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Pics of the bolt catch with and without mag.  I've just put this rifle together but has not skipped a beat with a few boxes through it. Got a 0002x on the redesign too!

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:30:59 PM EDT
[#13]
the roll mark is hideous but other then that i think i'm sold on BCP
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 11:51:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

My FP9 doesn't have that roll mark
The bolt catch is different than the one posted above
Purchased in Dec 2014

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 2:18:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Purchased in Dec 2014
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g51/snowpro1/IMG_20150523_223928_zpshx6hpmqj.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g51/snowpro1/IMG_20150523_223911_zpsow2sjnkv.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Purchased in Dec 2014
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g51/snowpro1/IMG_20150523_223928_zpshx6hpmqj.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g51/snowpro1/IMG_20150523_223911_zpsow2sjnkv.jpg

This is the same lower I have. I agree, the large roll mark is just disappointing. Personally, I like the receiver to be as sparse as possible. I'll live with an emblem on the left side, but the right should not have anything. The only exception being the old "Law enforcement and government only" markings.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:31:35 AM EDT
[#16]
their website pictures do not show the roll mark on the right side but they are also old pictures...... a catch 22 we have
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:44:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Yea...., I'm also not too happy about the rollmark on the right side.  

Appears that a lot of companies are starting to do that for free advertising since the majority of shooters are right handed.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:54:49 AM EDT
[#18]
could we get all of us in this thread to either email them or post on their facebook page to update their pictures? and i guess if it comes down to it some electrical tape would solve the problem but might look even worse
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:16:42 PM EDT
[#19]
the updated the pictures and it looks like everything in on the right hand side of the receiver.... guess they were really looking for that free advertising space
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:02:58 PM EDT
[#20]
On their web page it stats they do custom logo's
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:35:15 PM EDT
[#21]
They're bolt hold open looks exactly like the QC10 one...
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:41:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Isn't there a minimum order?

Anyways, I just order this lower. I don't mind the roll mark, I have seen worse.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:02:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

minimum order of probably 25+ to get that, couldn't see it being the same price either
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:25:30 PM EDT
[#24]
I emailed BCP asking about the rollmark, and provided a link to this thread.  Here's the reply:

Thank you for the email. I took the time to read through the AR15 comments and see that several people would like to have the roll mark removed.  While we have a few hundred in stock right now that all have the roll mark I would be happy to do a limited production without a roll mark when we do our next production run. It will probably be several few weeks, but if there is enough interest I would be happy to do this for those people on AR15.com who would like them.
View Quote

If you're interested in one without the rollmark, I'd suggest emailing them:

sales [at] blackcreekprecision.com
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:04:32 PM EDT
[#25]
That's news I like but my wallet doesn't wanna hear

Edit: everyone that would be interested in one please speak up, let's get a count going
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:57:24 PM EDT
[#26]
I just picked one up and filed the Form 1 on one. Serial number 0006X and with the roll mark. So it seems like this is something recent.

I'd be inclined to pick up one without the roll mark, but honestly, it doesn't bother me that much.

Nice touches like threading the rear takedown pin detent and spring hole, having a threaded hole/pin for the bolt catch and having a threaded stud that can be used to tighten up the fit on loose upper receivers.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 6:22:36 PM EDT
[#27]
The roll mark is on mine to, but truthfully I had to go check as I hadn't noticed it before. I think it looks worse in the close-up pics online than when you are holding it. Remember the magwell is reduced, so even though it looks big in the pics its only about the size of a quarter.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:12:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Im planning on buying one in the next week or so. I wonder if I could get one without the marking on the right side and get my trust info instead?
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 7:23:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The roll mark is on mine to, but truthfully I had to go check as I hadn't noticed it before. I think it looks worse in the close-up pics online than when you are holding it. Remember the magwell is reduced, so even though it looks big in the pics its only about the size of a quarter.
View Quote

that just made me sleep easier, if they are gonna do a run of no roll mark i'm gonna jump on that but if it's that small then that might open up the possibility of a second lower
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 5:54:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
That's news I like but my wallet doesn't wanna hear

Edit: everyone that would be interested in one please speak up, let's get a count going
View Quote

I would definitely be in for one without the roll mark! Looks so much better without the logo.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 6:13:51 PM EDT
[#31]
I emailed and quickly got a response that they would do a run with no roll marks if there was enough interest in a few weeks. I would definitely be down for one as I was about to order anyway. I wonder if we could get a discount through a group buy? Guess I will have to ask. Worst they can say is no!
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 6:33:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I emailed and quickly got a response that they would do a run with no roll marks if there was enough interest in a few weeks. I would definitely be down for one as I was about to order anyway. I wonder if we could get a discount through a group buy? Guess I will have to ask. Worst they can say is no!
View Quote

thats a good idea, you should ask them
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 10:29:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Already sent out.....Hopefully we can get enough interest.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 12:25:40 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote

Pitchers..

Is someone coordinating with BCP to see if non-rollmarked lowers are going to happen?
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 3:15:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pitchers..

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j88/Engineer303/ammo_and_guns/2E0089BE-CE55-416A-A8C5-6BD134AD8244_zpsjtv4dlea.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j88/Engineer303/ammo_and_guns/CBF9E9E3-B844-4D75-A9E8-3ACD9E2EAE41_zpskdfvr31u.jpg

Is someone coordinating with BCP to see if non-rollmarked lowers are going to happen?

Thanks for the pics. That Mark is pretty small. I emailed asking about the no roll mark lowers and they quickly responded that it would be possible with enough interest. I then emailed back asking about discount pricing for a group buy but have not heard anything back. After seeing the pics I may just go ahead and order one now.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 3:41:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Thnx for pics. Can't say I love the rollmark but this is definitely the lower my 9mm build will be based on.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 5:20:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Thanks for the pics. That Mark is pretty small. I emailed asking about the no roll mark lowers and they quickly responded that it would be possible with enough interest. I then emailed back asking about discount pricing for a group buy but have not heard anything back. After seeing the pics I may just go ahead and order one now.
View Quote

wouldn't that defeat the point of gathering interest in the non roll marked lowers if you are just gonna pull the trigger on a regular one?
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 5:43:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Uggh, still waiting for mine to ship
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 9:35:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

wouldn't that defeat the point of gathering interest in the non roll marked lowers if you are just gonna pull the trigger on a regular one?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah but I figured they would want at least 20+ orders. Doesn't seem like there has been much interest here and I haven't heard anything back from them. One of the earlier posters asked for people to post up if they would be interested and there have only been a few replies.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 5:28:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Post here

anyone that is interested in the non-roll marked lower post over here and thank leroy2069 for getting us this far
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 5:09:14 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm looking to build a 9mm SBR using a Colt 9mm flat top upper with gas deflector.  I also have two older 9mm Colt uppers with carrying handles: one in 10" length and one in 16".  

I was thinking about going the QC10 route for the lower but that "VLTOR matching profile" has thrown me for a loop.....would it look shitty with the standard Colt uppers?

The BCP lower has also caught my eye and now I am more confused than ever.

Are there any advantages to one versus the other?  Are the feed ramps on the QC10 integral?

Maybe I should just pick up a Colt 9mm lower....but I never cared for the large mag well and pinned in mag block
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 10:51:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm looking to build a 9mm SBR using a Colt 9mm flat top upper with gas deflector.  I also have two older 9mm Colt uppers with carrying handles: one in 10" length and one in 16".  

I was thinking about going the QC10 route for the lower but that "VLTOR matching profile" has thrown me for a loop.....would it look shitty with the standard Colt uppers?

The BCP lower has also caught my eye and now I am more confused than ever.

Are there any advantages to one versus the other?  Are the feed ramps on the QC10 integral?

Maybe I should just pick up a Colt 9mm lower....but I never cared for the large mag well and pinned in mag block
View Quote

billet v forged

BCP also has threaded rear take down pin hole and bolt catch

we have a thread for interest in a non roll marked run of the lower Here if you are interested
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 4:28:18 PM EDT
[#43]
"group buy" interest thread got closed....
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 7:00:33 PM EDT
[#44]
I just picked my EF9 from the FFL. Quality is awesome and I love the forged "mil-spec" lines vs. billet (QC10) to match my other ARs. Nice little additions such as tension screw, takedown pin detent/spring screw, threaded bolt catch, and notch to run BAD-ASS-ST safety.

Link Posted: 6/10/2015 6:56:35 AM EDT
[#45]
I am picking mine up from the dealer today.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 7:06:58 PM EDT
[#46]
I ordered a 9mm Lower from Black Creek Precision.

I was pretty excited about the overall quality, after reading nothing but good things here. Well here is what happened after installing the safety selector.

Different detents and springs made no difference. One of the detents barely fit in the hole as well. Don't think a different selector would matter much. Using the same LPK that worked great on one of my PSA lower.
If it was a cheap $40 lower, I wouldn't really care. But it just sucks having something like this on a $190 lower.

Safety lever on the PSA lower

Opinions?

I sent their customer service an email. Sadly they are closed on weekends, but I'm hoping they will make things right.

Everyone elses good so far? Mine was the 73rd made apparently.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:48:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Mine seems OK - and it's an earlier serial number than yours.

Link Posted: 6/26/2015 10:18:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Mine does that a little, too. TBH, I never thought much of it, just assumed it was a slightly off safety lever. I will have pull one off another rifle and double check. But it doesn't really matter to me one way or the other, still safes and goes bang.

I do completely understand your concern though. Wait and see what they say, I am sure they will take care of you.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 10:21:14 PM EDT
[#49]
My serial number is 65, I believe. I just installed a trigger, but havent put in a safety. I'll try it out when I get home from my trip.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 5:43:08 PM EDT
[#50]
how long did yalls lowers stay in the "processing" stage of the order process? i'm getting antsy
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top