Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2015 8:04:46 AM EDT
I labeled the pics with "PSA" and "COLT" but the labels are not showing up for me. PB link to album http://s44.photobucket.com/user/postban/library/Handguns/PSA%209mm%20AR15%2010-5

This is from one of the $299 10.5" uppers with Bolt and CH.

Slapped it on the lower from my 5.45 pistol build for a pic. My AMM magwell block and 9mm buffer should be here in two days. The mag is just there for a visual.
This lower has a Geissele SSA-E in it and it hand cycles fine so far with the PSA bolt.
The PSA bolt will not hand cycle in my COLT 6450. Notched hammer catches it and will not reset.
Did not try the unramped COLT bolt in the PSA upper

BTW, check out the condition of the chamber fresh from the box;

This would be going back if it were not a gift for my sons 19th birthday today. I was able to get the rust off with a chamber brush spinning in a drill. It is not pitted.
Notified PSA they are sending out rusty parts. Many good experiences and orders from them before so I just opted to repair the new parts. Fuck.

They also just threw the bolt in the box loose. It is a nice foam padded box but only luck kept the bolt from gouging hell out of the receiver or bbl. Fuck again.

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 11:37:42 AM EDT
[#1]
looks like neither bolts are "ramped"? pretty short and steep angle
do you have colt hammer to show if it's just ar15 hammer?
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 12:00:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

My Colts hammer.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 12:13:41 AM EDT
[#3]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My Colts hammer.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f49/postban/Handguns/PSA%209mm%20AR15%2010-5/ch_zpsn2q9l03a.jpg

thanks, I think the 9mm colt's hammer is "shorter" than the ar15 standard hammer, that's why it won't cause excessive wear with the standard BCG (steep ramp angle). but mating standard ar15 hammer with standard BCG will cock the hammer too fast, that's why need to "ramp" the BCG make the angle shallower

if you can, take a shot with colt's hammer and ar15 hammer side by side, or on top of each other to compare, then we can be sure
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 1:16:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you saying you can't tell the difference between the two bolts pictured? The PSA bolt has an obvious ramp on it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:13:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Are you saying you can't tell the difference between the two bolts pictured? The PSA bolt has an obvious ramp on it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Both Bolts look ramped. from the pics.  My PSA that I just got is ramped.

MAHA
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 8:04:54 AM EDT
[#6]

I just ordered one of those PSA 9mm 10.5" uppers last night and assuming it comes with a ramped bolt is it okay to use the PSA lower with a 9mm hammer or should I replace the hammer with a regular one?
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 11:16:30 AM EDT
[#7]
The Colt bolt is Non-Ramped hence the 9mm hammer. The PSA bolt is ramped, they but ramped one's in all their current 9mm kits(I called and asked). It will use any ar hammer except 9mm hammers.
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 10:04:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The Colt bolt is Non-Ramped hence the 9mm hammer. The PSA bolt is ramped, they but ramped one's in all their current 9mm kits(I called and asked). It will use any ar hammer except 9mm hammers.
View Quote

This unfortunately is not true.  My rifle kit shipped Thursday 6/5 and had the following bolt and hammer:

Link Posted: 6/7/2015 11:25:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 11:26:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 7:04:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
All of their production after December last year is ramped...... Had some conversations about the bolt......with some contacts at PSA and with the sub who makes them. I'll try and look into some remediation on this.
Rudy
View Quote

It looks like they are NOT shipping ramped bolts...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_301/266778_PSA_9mm_bolt_carrier_assembly_.html&page=3#i2683938
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top