Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/12/2015 3:55:10 PM EDT
Looking to hear what folks are feeding their 9MM AR's in terms of ammo, specifically bullet type/profile/weights.

I've just finished a build this weekend and haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.  Just releasing the bolt on a loaded mag though to check feeding I have sadly noted that 147gr Ranier HP's are occasionally catching on the edge of the barrel and getting jacked up, both in profile and with a worrisome amount of set back.

Also sadly this is my standard goto round for my glocks for suppressed plinking and I have a few thousand of them loaded up and it'll be an unhappy day if it turns out I have to go to something else.  I actually don't even have more than handful of empty brass at the moment, I spent the winter loading everything up with 124's and 147's in prep for summer fun.

So what's the best profile you've found for yours that feeds 100% or at least 3 nines?  

Details that are applicable - QC10 GSF, adco barrel, JP bolt, milspec fcg.

Anything else I need to be aware of that might cause a problem?
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 8:07:51 PM EDT
[#1]
What's your buffer configuration and what mags are you using?

I also have a GSF lower and ADCO barrel. I've had the same exact problems as you when I first built mine. My build has been very picky about ammo and it's quite frustrating. I'm still trying to figure out why. I found out that 33rd factory Glock mags don't feed very reliably for some reason (I own 4). I moved the +2 base extension on to my 17rd mags and those ended up running 100% minus last round BHO. As for the now 31rd mags, they feed slightly more reliably. Haven't taken them to the range yet, however.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 12:44:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I guess I only have feed mine reloaded 115gn fmj with a short col of 1.10. I did try some horniday xtp loaded to 1.125 and had the same issues.  Something to do with the bullet profile and length is my guess.  I am going to try some 147gn fmj soon for my can.  I hope everything works well.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 12:50:18 AM EDT
[#3]
My hahn top loader / 5.5" ADCO barrel / Metalform mags doesn't like large cavity HPs.  The old school Winchester 147's do well.  Unfortunately no HSTs though.  Anything non HP runs great (except blazer aluminum).
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 6:37:40 AM EDT
[#4]
The older style Remington and Federal 115 gr HP loads had a good rep for feeding in 9mm pistols back in the day.   I would try those.  

You really dont need to shoot the expensive hollow points too much.   For practice the FMJRN is fine.  

Also try some different mags, even cheap ones.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 1:00:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I've run Winchester White Box 115 gr, and handloaded 124 gr rounds through my 9mm ARs with good results.  

The hollow point on those Ranier bullets is pretty big, and it may be too big for the feed ramp in your lower to successfully channel them into the barrel.  Can you post pictures of how the jacked up bullets look, and where they hang up on the barrel?  That would help point out what's actually going on.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 1:13:53 PM EDT
[#6]
115, 124 & 147 ball, jhp's, factory & hand loads,. cmmg bolt, GM bbl (basically the colt style) it feeds everything.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 1:33:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll post some pics tonight but the 2 (out of 5) that got bit was about an 1/8" down below the mouth of the HP.   The Ranier's aren't what you'd call... precise in terms of OAL.  They are cheap though and feed with no issues with my Glocks so that's why I have so many.  

They make a 147 RN and FN that run about the same price 1000 for $100 (ish).    I guess I can pick up 500 of each of those and see that solves the issue.

I cycled a few Hydrashok 124's and no issues of the 4 or 5 I tried but it was a pretty small sampling.  

The bolt and buffer are both JP Enterprises.  Their silent captured spring bolt and their gen 2 9mm bolt.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 5:19:50 PM EDT
[#8]
So here's an worst case example of the 147's.  The grab isn't on the hollow point mouth but on the side of the round although most exhibit a bit of flattening on the section of the mouth that hits the ramp.  

I did pick up a couple hundred RN from the FLGS, they're berry's (barry's?) I believe, in 124 and 147 to load up so my first trip to the range I should have 'something' that works.

As you can it's been jammed pretty far into the case.  Probably dangerous pressure spike with this and these are crimped -

Here's a shot of the chamber/ramp after maybe 20 rounds were hand cycled through it.   A lot of copper/brass traces in there as well as some shavings.  The barrel is from Adco.

Link Posted: 5/13/2015 8:33:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So here's an worst case example of the 147's.  The grab isn't on the hollow point mouth but on the side of the round although most exhibit a bit of flattening on the section of the mouth that hits the ramp.  

I did pick up a couple hundred RN from the FLGS, they're berry's (barry's?) I believe, in 124 and 147 to load up so my first trip to the range I should have 'something' that works.

As you can it's been jammed pretty far into the case.  Probably dangerous pressure spike with this and these are crimped -

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g311/tophatman45/20150513_160012_zpsitaht1ue.jpg

Here's a shot of the chamber/ramp after maybe 20 rounds were hand cycled through it.   A lot of copper/brass traces in there as well as some shavings.  The barrel is from Adco.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g311/tophatman45/20150513_154603_zpsq7tnsto1.jpg
View Quote

Maybe I'm missing something, but where is the feed ramp on your lower?

Link Posted: 5/14/2015 10:49:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, I don't see it in the OP's pictures either.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 11:34:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Color me curious to say the least....

This is a quarter circle 10 Glock small frame lower?   This is QC10's image and this is what I received, no more, no less.  Is there supposed to be a specific add on feed ramp?

Link Posted: 5/14/2015 12:03:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Color me curious to say the least....

This is a quarter circle 10 Glock small frame lower?   This is QC10's image and this is what I received, no more, no less.  Is there supposed to be a specific add on feed ramp?

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g311/tophatman45/Glock-Small-Frame-Lower-e1424276138299_zpsgskxdrgg.jpg
View Quote

Contact QC 10.  There's a substantial part that's supposed to be pinned to the top front of the mag well that serves as a feed ramp for the barrel.  The barrel isn't supposed to have anything more than a gentle radius to guide the rest of the cartridge into the chamber.  I don't know why they don't have it in the picture they have on their site, but it's definitely needed.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 12:55:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I did reach out.  Their phone just says email them so I 've done that.

They responded quickly.

The lowers with the feed ramps are the older design and based on their high speed filming the round never touch the feed ramp so they removed it from the design...
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 4:30:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They responded quickly.

The lowers with the feed ramps are the older design and based on their high speed filming the round never touch the feed ramp so they removed it from the design...
View Quote

Hmmmm, did you ask them about your feeding problem?
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 6:43:48 PM EDT
[#15]
I sent them the details on my setup along with pics of the issues but it was later in the afternoon.

I haven't heard back but I'll update with what I find out.

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They responded quickly.

Link Posted: 5/14/2015 9:27:16 PM EDT
[#16]
It's more than likely your barrel. QC10 has said they had to change their geometry and the feed ramp of the barrel to allow the glock magazines to feed. Most barrels on the market were made for feeding the colt smg style mags.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 9:53:10 PM EDT
[#17]
A barrel that can feed from a double stack magazine should be able to feed from a single stack magazine.  Assuming it has anything helping guide the rounds into the barrel in the first place.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 9:27:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Bingo.   That's what I got back last night around 8:00 p.m. my time.   The QC tech said and to paraphrase "Adco is machining the ramp the normal way for 9mm with a straight ramp but we found that using a radius-ed ramp made a big difference in how it feeds.  Additionally we're making modifications to our bolt other than the narrow cut to make it work with the glock mag that makes it feed better."

*sigh*

It'd be nice if they posted that information on their site.  I considered using them for barrel and even the bolt but they were out of stock at the time I was ordering and are still out of stock as of right now on teh bolt and the 7" barrel.

Quoted:
It's more than likely your barrel. QC10 has said they had to change their geometry and the feed ramp of the barrel to allow the glock magazines to feed. Most barrels on the market were made for feeding the colt smg style mags.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/15/2015 9:28:35 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm disappointed in QC 10 for not boasting about how they've "fixed" the Glock AR lower...  It seems like great ad copy, too.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 3:30:57 PM EDT
[#20]
So...

I've decided in favor of better function and have ordered a QC10 barrel and I'll be selling the adco barrel to recoup some of the cost.  It should work perfectly fine for a colt mag build.   Life's full of these little challenges.

I did get an interesting tidbit from QC10, their new 9mm bolt will be using an AR15 style extractor.    No ETA on when it might be available other than a 'soon'.

So that's possibly of interest to folks.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 3:37:16 PM EDT
[#21]
It sounds like they're sort of reinventing the 9mm AR.  Not that this is a bad thing, but it's unexpected.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 6:16:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It sounds like they're sort of reinventing the 9mm AR.  Not that this is a bad thing, but it's unexpected.
View Quote

Read as Making proprietary parts that don't interchange...

MAHA
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 9:42:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So...

I've decided in favor of better function and have ordered a QC10 barrel and I'll be selling the adco barrel to recoup some of the cost.  It should work perfectly fine for a colt mag build.   Life's full of these little challenges.

I did get an interesting tidbit from QC10, their new 9mm bolt will be using an AR15 style extractor.    No ETA on when it might be available other than a 'soon'.

So that's possibly of interest to folks.
View Quote

Sigh. It looks like I may do the same thing. Please report back us once you received and tested the QC10 barrel. Also, if you haven't sold the ADCO barrel by then, do a side by side of the feed ramps between the two. I'm curious how much of a difference they are.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 9:50:21 PM EDT
[#24]
My SBR'd Colt 6450 (10.5") will eat any quality ammo in 115, 124 and 147 gr. Including HP's, suppressed or unsuppressed.

When it was SBR'd by Specialized Armament, they also did a reliability package on it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 7:01:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Will do.  Should have it this week, possibly T/W.   They had the lower out the door same day I placed the order so I'm hoping for the same quick ship on this.

Quoted:

Sigh. It looks like I may do the same thing. Please report back us once you received and tested the QC10 barrel. Also, if you haven't sold the ADCO barrel by then, do a side by side of the feed ramps between the two. I'm curious how much of a difference they are.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/17/2015 10:18:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

MAHA
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MAHA

So...does this mean that currently shipping QC10 Glock Lowers do NOT have the feed ramp and that the lower will properly feed with only QC10 9mm barrels or barrels that are profiled per QC10 specs?  From the QC10 shop pictures, it looks like he Colt lowers still do have the feed ramp installed.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 10:10:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Currently shipping QC10 GLOCK lowers do not currently have the feed ramp.    The lower feeds RN fine with the Adco barrel I have had, it just didn't feed HP's the way I'd like to see it.   Most people would probably be fine with it.  

QC10 allegedly (I haven't seen it yet) profiles their barrel differently than Adco (and possibly others) do to assist with feeding.  

The feed angle of the Glock versus the Colt I would assume is different enough so that the colt may still benefit from the feed ramp.

I can say that without a feed ramp you cannot 'slow feed' a round in a QC10 Glock lower.  It'll take a nose dive smash against the face of the barrel extension.    It requires the velocity of the bolt launched by the spring to catapult it into the barrel.  

I should have the QC10 barrel this week and I can see if the difference is obvious/significant.   The Adco barrel has already sold and I'm shipping it out this morning to the buyer but I've taken several pictures from various angles.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 12:27:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Doubling up on this post just in case for those interested in the results -

GOt the QC10 barrel installed this morning and the feeding is drastically improved in terms of wear and tear on the bullets and brass.   The 147gr Ranier HP's feed without a problem, no deformation at all on the mouth or sides.  THe brass comes out like it went in, no extra marks on it.   And no shavings of copper or brass visible at all in the mouth or chamber unlike the Adco barrel.

Even though I lost some money selling the adco to buy the qc10 I'm pretty happy with the end result.  

Bottom line if you're going to go with a glock lower from QC10 then I'd strongly advise you buy one of their barrels if you want the best possible feeding experience.  

The two barrels side by side.  You can see there is a significant difference in the profiling on the mouth and in all honesty the QC10 barrel shows a much better machine surface, you can see the tool marks on the Adco.

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:51:04 PM EDT
[#29]
So the difference between the ADCO and QC 10 barrels is that the ADCO has a steep ramp while the QC 10 has a shallow but rounded ramp?  I'm surprised at how small that difference is.

P.S. the tool marks on the ADCO barrel are definitely nothing to worry about.  With that said, it looks like the QC 10 ramp is polished, but that's almost certainly due to the type of nitride treatment they use.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:01:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
So the difference between the ADCO and QC 10 barrels is that the ADCO has a steep ramp while the QC 10 has a shallow but rounded ramp?  I'm surprised at how small that difference is.

P.S. the tool marks on the ADCO barrel are definitely nothing to worry about.  With that said, it looks like the QC 10 ramp is polished, but that's almost certainly due to the type of nitride treatment they use.
View Quote

It is a small difference but it makes a huge difference in feeding from a glock mag.  Here's a picture of the difference.  The rounds on the top were cycled once manually by locking the bolt back each time and using the bolt release to let the bolt drive the round home.

The rounds on the bottom were so pristine after the first cycle that I ran them through again so they've been cycled twice.

The adco rounds all have flat places on them and the casings have scratches and in a couple of cases left shavings of brass in the chamber they were that deep.  Also note the amount of set back on rounds 5 and 6.  The pressure spike from those has to be in the danger zone.  

The qc10 rounds the brass doesn't have a mark on it.  

Again I'm going to qualify that this is when feeding from a Glock magazine in a glock lower.   From everything I've heard the adco cut works fine in a colt mag fed lower.  

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 12:14:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Someone wanted to see an image of rounds seated in the barrels.  I've sold the Adco barrel but here's a picture of a round seated in the QC10.  

If someone wants to do a similar image of an adco barrel with a round in it to help the guy out?

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 12:36:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Also of interest (repost of an image) this is what the Adco barrel looked like after cycling about 20 rounds by hand through it.   The above image is what the QC10 looked like after cycling 18 rounds through it.

No brass marks or copper/brass shavings in the QC10 above while the ADco...

Again I want to stress I'm NOT saying the adco is a bad barrel, I just don't think at this time that it's the best barrel for a QC10 glock lower based on my admittedly small sampling of both (i.e. one barrel each).  

Adco Barrel -

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 5:57:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Now I don't feel so alone.  I also just purchased the Glock Q 10 lower and bolt for use with a AndroCorpInd 9mm upper, having the same exact issues.  I was told I would have to use a upper they recommended so I just bought a VLTOR, now it is sounding like I will need to order a barrel too?  I was not wanting to spend this much on this project.  They should disclose this better on their website.  

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:08:35 PM EDT
[#34]
My QC10 GSF with older feed ramp and BHO design (apparently there is new BHO lever that goes underneath bolt catch). Adco 5" barrel. No feeding problems though I shoot mostly ball. I've fed some 100 rounds of 147 Winchester HP no problems though.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:52:19 PM EDT
[#35]
I have a CMMG 9mm 16" barrel and a adco 5" and the CMMG profile looks like the QC10 if it helps anyone at all. The adco has a deeper cut and seems to feed the Colt style mags more gracefully. As I can almost ride the bolt home with the adco and the CMMG I will always get a jam if I ride the bolt.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:41:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Thanks for the pics, nice to see what's changed.

Do you find as QC10 says that the rounds don't hit that feed ramp during actual shooting?  I don't see any marks on it but I also don't see the same marks on your barrel I had on mine.

Quoted:
My QC10 GSF with older feed ramp and BHO design (apparently there is new BHO lever that goes underneath bolt catch). Adco 5" barrel. No feeding problems though I shoot mostly ball. I've fed some 100 rounds of 147 Winchester HP no problems though.

<a href="http://s619.photobucket.com/user/RussellAthletic/media/IMG_2194_zpsswvcho65.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt275/RussellAthletic/IMG_2194_zpsswvcho65.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s619.photobucket.com/user/RussellAthletic/media/IMG_2198_zpsdzduh7vx.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt275/RussellAthletic/IMG_2198_zpsdzduh7vx.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s619.photobucket.com/user/RussellAthletic/media/GSF%20BHO_zpsjvmv79ve.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt275/RussellAthletic/GSF%20BHO_zpsjvmv79ve.jpg</a>
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:25:38 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Do you find as QC10 says that the rounds don't hit that feed ramp during actual shooting?  I don't see any marks on it but I also don't see the same marks on your barrel I had on mine.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

<a href="http://s619.photobucket.com/user/RussellAthletic/media/IMG_2194_zpsswvcho65.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt275/RussellAthletic/IMG_2194_zpsswvcho65.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s619.photobucket.com/user/RussellAthletic/media/IMG_2198_zpsdzduh7vx.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt275/RussellAthletic/IMG_2198_zpsdzduh7vx.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s619.photobucket.com/user/RussellAthletic/media/GSF%20BHO_zpsjvmv79ve.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt275/RussellAthletic/GSF%20BHO_zpsjvmv79ve.jpg</a>

To be honest I have no idea. The feed ramp may be completely unnecessary but I'll leave it be unless I have a problem.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:39:56 AM EDT
[#38]
FWIW - I posted links to these recent threads of feeding issues with QC10 Glock Lowers and Adco barrels to Adco's Industry Forum page.

Adco responded this was the first they've heard of any feeding issue and that they sell a lot of these barrels.  They also were quick to point out that since they are cut to order that they can change the pitch /angle in the barrel feed ramp (for lack of better terms) and would just need the specs.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:26:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Have to wonder how many current generation (sans feed ramp) QC10 GSF's with Adco barrel combinations there are and of those how many are shooting primarily JHP through them.  :)

Sounds typical of their high level of service though from what I've heard that they're willing to go the extra mile.  Just need to know the specs to have the barrel cut when you order although they might possibly make it an drop down option at some future point?  

Quoted:
FWIW - I posted links to these recent threads of feeding issues with QC10 Glock Lowers and Adco barrels to Adco's Industry Forum page.

Adco responded this was the first they've heard of any feeding issue and that they sell a lot of these barrels.  They also were quick to point out that since they are cut to order that they can change the pitch /angle in the barrel feed ramp (for lack of better terms) and would just need the specs.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 3:57:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Can't help but wonder if QC10 created both a problem and solution at the same time my removing/altering the feed ramp on the lower.

In just find it too convenient that feed problems seem to align more recently with the change.

Adco's point, they've been selling these 9mm barrels for a very long time, even before QC10 began production.

Has QC10 always produced barrel?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 4:33:10 PM EDT
[#41]
I own an older DDLES GSF model that I purchased right before QC10 started production. It retains the feed ramp on the lower. I've had persistent problems cycling both FMJs and JHPs using the ADCO barrel. I just recently opted to purchase and received QC10's barrel due to Tophatman's post here and the difference in reliable cycling is like night and day through all the mags that I own (all factory). Kinda wish I own a high speed camera to confirm whether or not the rounds cycled ever hits the feed ramp but there doesn't seem to be any markings or indications that it does.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:00:34 PM EDT
[#42]
I hope this will help clear things up a bit.

The feed ramp was removed from the GSF/GLF for one very important reason, the round never touches it.  We were lucky to have access to a very nice high speed camera (12,000 frames per second).  In reviewing the video we found that the round never came close to touching the feed ramp.  In light of this the ramp was removed since it served no purpose.

Now about our barrels.  We put quite a bit of research into our barrels and making them work.  We tried most of every design that was out there and were not satisfied with the results in the 9mm and the 40/45 were a dismal failure.  So we went back to the drawing board and started over with both the barrel and bolt.  We have run thousands of rounds through the 9mm, 357sig, 40sw and 45acp systems and to put it simply they work.  Other parts may work but to get the best most reliable system out of the Glock platform we designed the lower, bolt, and barrel to work together.

Any questions please send them my way.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:09:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I own an older DDLES GSF model that I purchased right before QC10 started production. It retains the feed ramp on the lower. I've had persistent problems cycling both FMJs and JHPs using the ADCO barrel. I just recently opted to purchase and received QC10's barrel due to Tophatman's post here and the difference in reliable cycling is like night and day through all the mags that I own (all factory). Kinda wish I own a high speed camera to confirm whether or not the rounds cycled ever hits the feed ramp but there doesn't seem to be any markings or indications that it does.
View Quote

Great feedback!  I have not purchased a barrel yet so I'm still trying to wade thru things.

I would encourage you to also add to the thread on Adco's Industry Forum page to share your experiences.  I think they want to do the right thing by improving their design for Glock Small Frame customers.

On a separate note - someone mentioned QC10 recommending using one of three uppers listed in their website.  I wonder if there is a third variable possibly working here?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:14:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Thank you for the information Russ.  I dropped you an IM with some additional questions and loom forward to your response.

Quoted:

The feed ramp was removed from the GSF/GLF for one very important reason, the round never touches it.  We were lucky to have access to a very nice high speed camera (12,000 frames per second).  In reviewing the video we found that the round never came close to touching the feed ramp.  In light of this the ramp was removed since it served no purpose.

Now about our barrels.  We put quite a bit of research into our barrels and making them work.  We tried most of every design that was out there and were not satisfied with the results in the 9mm and the 40/45 were a dismal failure.  So we went back to the drawing board and started over with both the barrel and bolt.  We have run thousands of rounds through the 9mm, 357sig, 40sw and 45acp systems and to put it simply they work.  Other parts may work but to get the best most reliable system out of the Glock platform we designed the lower, bolt, and barrel to work together.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 7:03:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Thanks for jumping in Russ.   I can only say based on my personal experience with 1 barrel from both companies, that I'm more than happy with the QC10 barrel when combined with your glock lower.  

Also Chris Z over there at your place did a good job of explaining what was going on when I reached out to you folks with my feeding issue even responding to my emails late at night so hat tip to him.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 5:32:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Now about our barrels.  We put quite a bit of research into our barrels and making them work.  We tried most of every design that was out there and were not satisfied with the results in the 9mm and the 40/45 were a dismal failure.  So we went back to the drawing board and started over with both the barrel and bolt.  We have run thousands of rounds through the 9mm, 357sig, 40sw and 45acp systems and to put it simply they work.] Other parts may work but to get the best most reliable system out of the Glock platform we designed the lower, bolt, and barrel to work together.

View Quote

Just as my JP bolt and SCS arrive.....
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 1:03:17 PM EDT
[#47]
I also just picked up an ADCO barrel and I haven't attached it to my build yet. I plan on returning it and grabbing a QC10 barrel. I just wish they had a 5" barrel since my build was planned around a 5" barrel but I may have to settle for 5.25".
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 12:33:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I just wish they had a 5" barrel since my build was planned around a 5" barrel but I may have to settle for 5.25".
View Quote

You might be settling for a 5.5" because they only had one left in stock as of Thursday. They only made a 5.25 because they had extra material.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 11:51:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

You might be settling for a 5.5" because they only had one left in stock as of Thursday. They only made a 5.25 because they had extra material.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just wish they had a 5" barrel since my build was planned around a 5" barrel but I may have to settle for 5.25".

I reached out to ADCO and they said they haven't heard of this issue and said I should put my 5" barrel build together and if there are any issues, they'll work with me to solve it. But they just haven't seen this too often and this is the first time I've seen anyone complain about this. I'm going to finish my build and then check it out.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 12:30:00 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And I bought that one.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top