BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 12:50:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I got to the range this weekend and it was really super hot and there was a 4000+ acre brush fire just south of the range but lucky for me the wind was going south so no smoke in the area to screw up my lungs. I brought my chrony but with the heat I decided to just check the accuracy and maybe do the velocity checks when the weather gets cooler. I had some rounds done using what I though were really nice 130gr round nosed cast bullets in the 7.62X25 cases. for the manual AR I used 3.5gr of Tite Group with the 130gr bullet and they shot nice in the bullet trap. I also did some up for the DI AR with 4.5gr of Tite Group that also shot well into the bullet trap and operated the gas system. Big problem came when I tried the manual AR at the range with the 3.5gr loads with the 130gr bullets. I could not figure out why I could not get on paper. It turns out the bullets were almost not making it to the targets and were hitting the wood frame about 1.5 feet low. I was a bit embarrassed about the crappy shooting and will not be doing those loads ever again. The cast bullet loads I did for the DI AR hit the target fine but were not accurate at all. I have tried over and over again to shoot cast bullets with at least a little amount of accuracy and have failed each time. I guess I'll just keep trying. The copper jacketed bullets shot fine in both rifles. I did 100gr Lapua's up to the 200gr Sierra's but the one I really liked was the 100gr Lapua's but since I didn't set up the chrony I don't know the velocity but they went into 1/2" at 50 yards which was fine with me. I guess I should get some 110gr Hornady V-max bullets and try them also.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:26:16 PM EDT
[#2]
boomer, I finally got to the range myself and ran the DI Tok AR after ramping the bottom front of the carrier as you suggested.  That was the problem.  I still have an occasional failure to chamber, but I hope that's just a break-in issue.  Ejection is remarkably consistent.

Running the gun against my dueling tree was like child's play with the minimal recoil of the round.  And it's just a lot more fun to be able to shoot rather than clear jams.  Thanks so much for the suggestion!
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:09:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
boomer, I finally got to the range myself and ran the DI Tok AR after ramping the bottom front of the carrier as you suggested.  That was the problem.  I still have an occasional failure to chamber, but I hope that's just a break-in issue.  Ejection is remarkably consistent.

Running the gun against my dueling tree was like child's play with the minimal recoil of the round.  And it's just a lot more fun to be able to shoot rather than clear jams.  Thanks so much for the suggestion!
View Quote

I was hoping it would help you out. Sorry for the late response -- I don't come here often.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top