Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/3/2015 11:27:19 AM EDT
So im debating on building a PSA 9mm and was wondering if theres any  problems with brass hitting you in the face or not?
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 1:51:16 PM EDT
[#1]
The one 9mm ar I've shot and the videos I've seen had the brass going out at a 90 angle from the port so brass face is unlikely?  

Gas face is another story, the BA deflector on many 9mm's is for deflecting gas and crud, not brass.   A heavier buffer/bolt is supposed to help with that by keeping the chamber closed up a small fraction of a second so more of it goes out the barrel.

I'm in the middle of building a QC 10 and using a slick side upper (PSA's actually) so I won't have a gas deflector on it.   Hopefully this isn't a horrible decision. :)

Worst case it'll be better than my suppressed glocks and I can live with those.

Quoted:
So im debating on building a PSA 9mm and was wondering if theres any  problems with brass hitting you in the face or not?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:21:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The one 9mm ar I've shot and the videos I've seen had the brass going out at a 90 angle from the port so brass face is unlikely?  

Gas face is another story, the BA deflector on many 9mm's is for deflecting gas and crud, not brass.   A heavier buffer/bolt is supposed to help with that by keeping the chamber closed up a small fraction of a second so more of it goes out the barrel.

I'm in the middle of building a QC 10 and using a slick side upper (PSA's actually) so I won't have a gas deflector on it.   Hopefully this isn't a horrible decision. :)

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Quoted:

I never thought there would be a problem shooting left handed !

I'am in the middle of a QC 10 build also using a Vltor upper its going to be awhile before its complete and to see shooting it left handed

What would be my options for a deflector ?

Sorry about hijacking your post !
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:18:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had 1 build and one RRA 9mm AR. Sometimes it was nothing, and sometimes I'd get SPARKS not just gas in the face... Probably ammo variance but I'm not sure which ammo it was. I shot mostly WWB back then.
I sold my ARs and bought a Beretta Storm. Much better!  Worst of all though is the KelTec Sub 2000. I think I singed my beard once or twice.

Valuing comfort more in my older age, I'm planning to give Stag Arms more of my money in the near future for their new lefty 9mm.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top