Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2015 4:20:17 AM EDT
Problem weapon feeds cartridges fine first trigger pull weapon fires next pull new cartridge in chamber however the hammer is not reset extract cartridge feed in another pull trigger weapon fires next pull hammer isn't reset, using spikes buffer or colt H buffer same problem.

Possible solutions?
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 6:42:47 AM EDT
[#1]
If 1 round is placed in the magazine does the bolt lock back when fired?

9mm? Notched hammer? Buffer spacer?
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:01:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes if one round is placed in the Mag and fired Bolt was locking back. on two different type magazines.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:32:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like you need a 9mm hammer.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 10:41:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a Rock river 9MM hammer installed I am going to change out the trigger and see if that stops the problem.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 4:47:18 PM EDT
[#5]
The problem is probably that "9mm hammer".  If your bolt is ramped, the 9mm hammer can cause issues like poor hammer reset.  It's the way the bolt and hammer interact - with a ramped bolt, you need a "rounded' type standard hammer.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:00:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a different hammer I will try that.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 8:29:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Tried an unramped bolt weapon runs like a sewing machine now tried the ramped bolt in another rifle with the same hammer same problem thanks for the tip. I will Chang the hammer in the other rifle and update the thread soon.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top