Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 11:08:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got my 7.5" barrel today. Not to shabby for $74 shipped.

Aren't AR barrels measured from the bolt face though?
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff29/bookertbab/9mm_zps7vn9o6bw.jpg
View Quote

Got mine today too and it looks just like yours. No tactical ambush sticker and no markings except for 9mm stamped near the barrel extension. Looks pretty nice to me.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 11:33:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

so bookertbat got a 9 inch barrel then or is it a 7.5 in 5.56 or blackout barrel? his pic doesnt look like the one pictured in the ebay listing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Got my 7.5" barrel today. Not to shabby for $74 shipped.
Aren't AR barrels measured from the bolt face though?
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff29/bookertbab/9mm_zps7vn9o6bw.jpg

I just measured mine and it is 6 inches from end to end. I assume it is not actually a 6 inch barrel since it is probably 4.5 inches from the bolt face to the end of the muzzle.

Barrels are measured from the closed bolt face to the end of the muzzle or any permanently attached muzzle device.  There is no recessed bolt in a 9mm.  I didn't measure mine this morning when I got them.  I will tonight but IIRC it looks just like yours.  
MAHA

so bookertbat got a 9 inch barrel then or is it a 7.5 in 5.56 or blackout barrel? his pic doesnt look like the one pictured in the ebay listing.

They have a 9mm Chamber, I saw that this morning.  They are actually a 9" 9mm Barrel.  I see where they got their measurement from, they measured from the lip on the Barrel Extension to the end.  It is also probably the same length as a 7.5" 5.56/300 Blackout barrel.  

MAHA
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 12:45:59 AM EDT
[#3]
At home now. Mine measure 8.5".

MAHA
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 3:47:20 PM EDT
[#4]
got mine today, and it is prefect for the hand guard I have.
just enough to poke out the threads past the end.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 12:12:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Interesting, did tactical ambush shut down? The web page is gone.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 12:25:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Got my 6" today. I guess it was one of their last ones. It came with a flash hider but the barrel had some fouling in it so I wonder if it had a few rounds put through it.

I'll be getting it together this weekend and hopefully testing it soon after to make sure that it shoots straight.

EDIT:

Got my pistol put together. Pretty much everything came out of my parts bin with the exception of the barrel, a 9mm bolt/carrier and a mag block. The only thing I have left to add is a TROS 3-lug adapter which should come early this week:

Link Posted: 5/15/2015 6:29:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Interesting, did tactical ambush shut down? The web page is gone.
View Quote

it sure looks like it. the facebook page went down last week and now the web page is down.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 5:18:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Received my EBay 7.5" yesterday...it looks good...address was from Tactical Ambush and got a sticker from them. Threads start a 1/4" outside of my 7" hand guard.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 3:36:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Received my EBay 7.5" yesterday...it looks good...address was from Tactical Ambush and got a sticker from them. Threads start a 1/4" outside of my 7" hand guard.
View Quote

So it looks like a fire sale before the chapter 7. Interesting...
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 10:03:11 PM EDT
[#10]
another set up. now advertised as 8.5 inch.
picture didn't change from the 6 inch. lol.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 12:50:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Have an 8.5" for sale in the EE,selling for what I bought it for.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top