Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2015 7:50:40 PM EDT
Still gathering parts but I want to file and get it started...have the lower...

I want to run a LWRC ultra compact stock setup/receiver extension kit and vltor mur with a 5.25 or 5.5" qc10 9mm barrel...

Anyone have the overall length? I plan to run suppressed and run a 7 inch seekins bar rail. Still have to buy the suppressor too.

Do I need to be exact? First time filing. I have my trust all setup..

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 8:59:02 PM EDT
[#1]
No, the overall length of the SBR doesn't need to be exact.  Estimate it reasonably close.  Overall length should be with stock extended and measured to the end of the muzzle device.  Enter the exact barrel length that you purchased in the separate barrel length field.

I intended to suppress the SBR, but was months away from getting it out of jail.  I decided to build it with a long 5.5" flash hider.  So that's how I estimated the overall length.  Stock extended + upper + barrel + flash hider.  Remember you lose about an inch of barrel inside of the upper.  I don't think you have to be too anal about it.  I entered an overall length of 30 inches and in reality with the flash hider it is 27 3/4" stock extended.  With my Ti-RANT 9 it is 30 1/8".  Form-1 approved,
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 9:17:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No, the overall length of the SBR doesn't need to be exact.  Estimate it reasonably close.  Overall length should be with stock extended and measured to the end of the muzzle device.  Enter the exact barrel length that you purchased in the separate barrel length field.

I intended to suppress the SBR, but was months away from getting it out of jail.  I decided to build it with a long 5.5" flash hider.  So that's how I estimated the overall length.  Stock extended + upper + barrel + flash hider.  Remember you lose about an inch of barrel inside of the upper.  I don't think you have to be too anal about it.  I entered an overall length of 30 inches and in reality with the flash hider it is 27 3/4" stock extended.  With my Ti-RANT 9 it is 30 1/8".  Form-1 approved,
View Quote

So suppressor included is part of OAL or only until end of muzzle?
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 9:26:16 PM EDT
[#3]
OAL is measure of the rifle from stem to stern...  sound suppressor is of no concern.. that is taxed added length,, thats a given
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 9:59:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
OAL is measure of the rifle from stem to stern...  sound suppressor is of no concern.. that is taxed added length,, thats a given
View Quote

Thank you.

Does anyone have the actual OAL in a similar setup? I dont have the parts yet to measure.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 10:23:35 PM EDT
[#5]
my 4.5" with MOE stock is right at 23"... that's what is on my Form 1...

Your barrel will be 1" longer but stock ??" shorter.

Close enough should be ok

I prefer 9" rail when suppressed
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 11:24:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hahah maybe I should wait until i get the stock kit in then do the calculations
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 11:33:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you have a basic AR with same stock take that measurement with your upper on it. Deduct the difference between bbl on it and what you intend to use on the 9mm. IF the OAL of you AR is 37.5" with a 16" bbl, you'd have a 26.5 with a 5" 9mm bbl.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 11:46:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If you have a basic AR with same stock take that measurement with your upper on it. Deduct the difference between bbl on it and what you intend to use on the 9mm. IF the OAL of you AR is 37.5" with a 16" bbl, you'd have a 26.5 with a 5" 9mm bbl.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would if I had the stock kit on something else :/
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 12:01:11 AM EDT
[#9]
My DDLES SF with LWRC Ultra Compact Stock and 6" barrel measures 22.5" extended.  Hope that helps.  

I'm running on a Vltor Mur-1s upper and 7" Seekins SAR with a KAK Flash Can sticking 1/2" outside the handguard.  I remove the flash can and install a Octane 45 when running suppressed,
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 4:40:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My DDLES SF with LWRC Ultra Compact Stock and 6" barrel measures 22.5" extended.  Hope that helps.  

I'm running on a Vltor Mur-1s upper and 7" Seekins SAR with a KAK Flash Can sticking 1/2" outside the handguard.  I remove the flash can and install a Octane 45 when running suppressed,
View Quote

Pm'd you!
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:55:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

So If i was to run a TROS 5 lug id be looking at 21.5?
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top