Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2015 11:07:50 PM EDT
i am looking for a .50AE barrel and bolt for an AR-15.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 11:15:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I think Ron  can make you one.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 8:36:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, Ron is the one for 50AE mine runs like a sewing machine and and thumps 300gr bullets @ 1900fps
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 8:00:26 AM EDT
[#3]
+1 to RMWXtreme.,He will make one that's extremely accurate . He uses super fine barrels.
Might check what a complete upper would run too. Just saying......

Dave
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:09:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
+1 to RMWXtreme.,He will make one that's extremely accurate . He uses super fine barrels.
Might check what a complete upper would run too. Just saying......

Dave
View Quote

is he still around?

im waiting to hear back and i still need to email tony at tromix.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 5:54:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Ron may not be here on AR15 but he's not going anywhere.

Dave

http://www.rmwxtreme.com/
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 2:13:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Dave

View Quote

i cant seem to get a response from him at that email.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:14:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dave

Give him some time, remember he is a 1 man shop and spends most of the day doing work and not looking at emails. He normally looks at emails first thing in the morning and at the end of the day if he has time.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 4:24:20 PM EDT
[#8]
the message i keep getting is from my email provider saying that ron's email address doesn't exist. i have tried it multiple times with the same result.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 5:43:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
the message i keep getting is from my email provider saying that ron's email address doesn't exist. i have tried it multiple times with the same result.
View Quote

I sent you an IM with another email address for Ron.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:24:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:47:20 AM EDT
[#11]
50 beowolf is based of the 50 ae, so those bolts, barrel extension and a extremely short chambered barrel to finish ream. that would be a great shooter!!!
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:33:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
50 beowolf is based of the 50 ae, so those bolts, barrel extension and a extremely short chambered barrel to finish ream. that would be a great shooter!!!
View Quote

Wrong answer.  The bolt isn't even in the ballpark.  You don't need a special extension.  I suppose you might be able to make a 50 AE out of a really short chambered BW, but I thing it would be less costly simply to have Ron make a .50 AE upper.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:26:15 PM EDT
[#13]
The 50 AE uses a standard . 223 barrel extension and an opened bolt for the 50AE case rim. I would suggest to start with a high strength bolt but a standard bolt will work as long as you do not try to load the 50AE  to 500 S&W  levels. The 50 AE has a lot to offer running 300gr bullets @ 1900 fps out of a 12" barrel.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:15:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Wrong answer.  The bolt isn't even in the ballpark.  You don't need a special extension.  I suppose you might be able to make a 50 AE out of a really short chambered BW, but I thing it would be less costly simply to have Ron make a .50 AE upper.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I appologize, I just looked at the print for each. I knew they both had a rebated rim but the beowulf is substantially smaller.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 1:27:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I appologize, I just looked at the print for each. I knew they both had a rebated rim but the beowulf is substantially smaller.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No sweat.  Everybody flubs one once in a while.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 11:29:35 AM EDT
[#16]
What magazine do you use with a .50AE upper?
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 12:30:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

if i can make it work in the rifle, the same magazine i use for my desert eagle
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 1:51:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To use the DE mag you need to make a mag bloc or the easy way is to use a straight 20 round mag as the block and pin the DE mag inside it. I used to have one setup like that and it works great.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 9:33:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

To use the DE mag you need to make a mag bloc or the easy way is to use a straight 20 round mag as the block and pin the DE mag inside it. I used to have one setup like that and it works great.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i am working on a mag block as i  want to be able to use the magazines in the rifle and the pistol.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 10:53:19 AM EDT
[#20]
I don't know about 50AE Desert Eagle magazines, but the 44 Mag magazines feed substantially lower when full, compared to when they only have a couple of rounds in them.  That caused all sorts of feeding problems in the 44 Mag uppers we built back in 2000.

Tony Rumore
Tromix

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:58:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I don't know about 50AE Desert Eagle magazines, but the 44 Mag magazines feed substantially lower when full, compared to when they only have a couple of rounds in them.  That caused all sorts of feeding problems in the 44 Mag uppers we built back in 2000.

Tony Rumore
Tromix

View Quote

that problem can be corrected by adding a 1911 mag spring to act as a helper spring will make it feed more evenly.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top