Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/27/2015 9:43:45 PM EDT
I noticed that my AR is a bit finicky with certain ammo. It eats some ammo without any issues while others fail to chamber and whatnot (usually remans). I'm curious, beside your own reloads, what brands/loads do you use?
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:59:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Cheap stuff. Mostly Fiocchi, PPU and S&B 115 grain fmj. Never an issue with the ammo.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 10:20:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Brown/silver bear, Ulyanovsk and federal 158gr subsonic. Also IMI blue tip.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 1:20:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Plenty of reloads using Berry Plated 124gr behind hp-38 for range work or Hornady 124gr xtp with a max load of HS-6 or power pistol.

Or any cheap bulk pack Wally world ammo. That new federal aluminum cased works good too. (when I'm too busy with work to reload) I quit buying Russian ammo when I can get domestically produced ammo at similar prices. No sense in supporting Putin with my $$$$

My 9mm AR has issues going thru way too much ammo.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:19:58 AM EDT
[#4]
does anyone have any experience putting any freedom munitions reloads through theirs in any of the weights? i'm looking more toward the 124 and 147 flavors but any info would be helpful
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:43:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
does anyone have any experience putting any freedom munitions reloads through theirs in any of the weights? i'm looking more toward the 124 and 147 flavors but any info would be helpful
View Quote

I use FM 115gr reloads in all my 9mm ARs and AR pistols with out issue.  I have also used Tulla and Fed aluminum case with no problem.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 12:02:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Range practice: Remington UMC FMJ 147gr, American Eagle FMJ 147 gr, CCI/Speer Blazer Brass FMJ 115gr, Sellier & Bellot FMJ 115gr
Defensive: CCI/Speer GDHP 124gr, Federal HST 124gr and 147gr, Winchester Ranger-T 147gr

All those above run without any issues in my QC10 CLT9MM, Vltor MUR, 4.5" ADCO Barrel, CMMG MK9 BCG, Timney 667S Drop-in Trigger, Slash's 9Q-T and Wolff XP Spring

I don't reload, and haven't had the guts to try any reloads except for a magazine full of a friend's 115gr FMJ reloads that I occasionally buy from him (his stuff is pretty good, but only about 2 cents cheaper per round than factory FMJ ammo).  I normally shoot his stuff from my handguns at the range, but his stuff ran fine in the CLT9MM
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:16:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I use FM 115gr reloads in all my 9mm ARs and AR pistols with out issue.  I have also used Tulla and Fed aluminum case with no problem.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I find it strange that most of my FTFs occur with FM's 115gr reloads. I don't recall any problems with their new 124gr, however. I was thinking perhaps a bad lot? I'm using a DDLES GSF lower, Glock factory mags, ADCO 5" barrel, and CMMG modded 9mm bolt.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:42:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Range practice: Remington UMC FMJ 147gr, American Eagle FMJ 147 gr, CCI/Speer Blazer Brass FMJ 115gr, Sellier & Bellot FMJ 115gr
Defensive: CCI/Speer GDHP 124gr, Federal HST 124gr and 147gr, Winchester Ranger-T 147gr

All those above run without any issues in my QC10 CLT9MM, Vltor MUR, 4.5" ADCO Barrel, CMMG MK9 BCG, Timney 667S Drop-in Trigger, Slash's 9Q-T and Wolff XP Spring

I don't reload, and haven't had the guts to try any reloads except for a magazine full of a friend's 115gr FMJ reloads that I occasionally buy from him (his stuff is pretty good, but only about 2 cents cheaper per round than factory FMJ ammo).  I normally shoot his stuff from my handguns at the range, but his stuff ran fine in the CLT9MM
View Quote

Your friend is either over charging you  or, not savvy when it comes to buying components. I'm at least 1/2 cost of OTC ammo, be it pistol or rifle.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 3:19:23 PM EDT
[#9]
My 9mm AR is crazy reliable (better than my 5.56's). Runs everything including every HP I've tried. Running a CMMG dedicated 9mm lower with a JSE surplus upper w/ the CMMG ramped bolt and a Spikes heavy extended 9mm buffer. I use Metal form, CP products, and modified Uzi mags. LRBHO isn't 100% for me unless metal form mags are used

OP what kind of buffer are you running? Bolt speed closing into battery might be too fast causing issues.

Also is it jaming with different brands of magazines?
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 4:07:34 PM EDT
[#10]
my colt eats anything 9mm i shove in the mags
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:07:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I find it strange that most of my FTFs occur with FM's 115gr reloads. I don't recall any problems with their new 124gr, however. I was thinking perhaps a bad lot? I'm using a DDLES GSF lower, Glock factory mags, ADCO 5" barrel, and CMMG modded 9mm bolt.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine is a QC10 Colt lower, could make a difference.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:55:48 PM EDT
[#12]
DDLES Glock lower. It's eats everything I give it in from 115-147gr factory ammo and reloads. Thousands of rounds so far without any feed/ejection issues.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 9:01:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

OP what kind of buffer are you running? Bolt speed closing into battery might be too fast causing issues.

Also is it jaming with different brands of magazines?
View Quote

Slash's 9mm-Q buffer with JP "tuned and polished" spring. I only own factory mags, both 33 and 17rd-ers.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:57:04 PM EDT
[#14]
I shoot only reloads for my 9mm.  115 RMR plated bullets.  Titegroup Powder.  Have not had an issue yet.  Cost of reloads for me is 11.05 for a box of 100.  Just got my can tonight so will report back if they don't work at my next range trip.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top