Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2015 7:53:38 PM EDT
I have the 'standard', older blued steel CMMG drop-in conversion bolt and their charging handle. I want to build a dedicated .22lr upper. (have the stripped upper already) with a .22lr 1:16 barrel.
Do I need the barrel alone, on the right, or the barrel with collar, in the middle....or will my conversion not work with either one?

These barrels:
4.5" .22lr barrels

I've searched and read a bunch here and I'm still confused on the collars, etc...
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 8:10:34 PM EDT
[#1]
You'll need the barrel and collar. You remove the current chamber adaptor and replace it with the collar. The bolt group will install they same way your use to just instead of the chamber adaptor slipping into the 5.56/223 chamber the collar will slip over the chamber stub of the dedicated barrel.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:00:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Have you looked at the Taccom barrels? Come with a collar for less $. Don't know of how they are quality wise.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:17:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You'll need the barrel and collar. You remove the current chamber adaptor and replace it with the collar. The bolt group will install they same way your use to just instead of the chamber adaptor slipping into the 5.56/223 chamber the collar will slip over the chamber stub of the dedicated barrel.
View Quote

perfect, that's what I needed to know.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:18:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Have you looked at the Taccom barrels? Come with a collar for less $. Don't know of how they are quality wise.
View Quote

I looked at them; they are out of stock on the 4.5" barrels...I can wait, though.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 3:04:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Not to hijack your thread, but I have a similar question: I want to use a model 1 sales 7.5" dedicated .22lr barrel. I have a ciener conversion kit.  I know the model 1 barrels have the chamber extension, therefore I need to run a collar on my ciener. Can I just replace the collar and be good to go, or does M1S require the use of their conversion kit?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 7:32:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
... I know the model 1 barrels have the chamber extension, therefore I need to run a collar on my ciener. Can I just replace the collar and be good to go, or does M1S require the use of their conversion kit?

Thanks!
View Quote

Yes, use a collarr and your bolt conversion should be GTG. The only dedicated barrel I know that has a different size collar is (was) Spike's .22.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 8:27:13 AM EDT
[#7]
i have a cmmg bolt and the taccom 4.5" barrel that came with the collar. its a great set up but do yourself a favor and buy the taccom pressure plug. its the best ~$10 ive spent on that build
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 5:24:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
i have a cmmg bolt and the taccom 4.5" barrel that came with the collar. its a great set up but do yourself a favor and buy the taccom pressure plug. its the best ~$10 ive spent on that build
View Quote

I think I want the Tacom 4.5 myself...gotta wait until they're in stock again!
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top