Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/24/2015 7:55:35 PM EDT
Recently picked up this upper and would like to change out the handguard..Which one in the 9" range to get that will preclude me from removing the barrel nut?

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 8:12:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Samson Evolution rails installs on a standard Mil-spec barrel nut.  I have the 7 inch model and really like it.

Samson Evolution 9" Rail

The link has installation videos.  The rail is a bit spendy but you can find this less expensive at other vendors
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 8:13:53 PM EDT
[#2]
If you swap the barrel nut to a stock nut you can use a Troy and it'll look like this. 9 in Troy 7.5 Taccom barrel and pilot2
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:42:57 AM EDT
[#3]
is the barrel nut i have on there from Taccom milspec?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 1:31:39 PM EDT
[#4]
You will have to replace the barrel nut no matter what hand guard you use.

Dave N
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:07:44 AM EDT
[#5]
If I am not mistaken, your Taccom handguard uses an aftermarket barrel nut.  Unfortunately you would have to replace it.  However fortunately, it is not that big of a deal.  Since you don't have a gas system, you don't have to worry about the gas block, gas tube etc.  You can just unscrew the old barrel nut, and put on the new one (with proper torque).

Not that big of a deal really.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:35:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Your TACCOM upper is mil spec. So any AR15 hand guard will fit it. You can buy a stock barrel nut and use a rail that is comparable with them or buy a rail that has a proprietary barrel nut.

MAHA
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top