Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/5/2015 10:29:21 PM EDT
I've been tinkering with this gun for a while and finally got it running today.

Registered lower (swapping lighter hammer spring to standard weight solved problems)
Lightweight upper receiver
CMMG 4.5" BBL
CMMG BCG with trip (no anti-bounce weight)
Hogue overmolded free-float rail (allows quick access to the BBL for cleaning and removal of the can)
SWR (now SilencerCo) Octane 9HD

Ran 100% semi and FA with Federal AutoMatch.

Rate of fire was pretty high, but rounds  stayed subsonic out of  the 4.5" CMMG BBL. I'll try to get a video up.

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:32:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice look, not a huge fan of the Hogue but matches suppressor. I have a Tac Sol upper coming tomorrow and it has a Hogue, I want to swap it for a Samson or bcm keymod but was told I can't remove it, the barrel nut is pinned in and the forend wont fir over the shroud. IDK guess I'll see when I get it.  Never owned a suppressor before I lived I  NY, now in TX I might get a sparrow or gemteck for mine. Like that HK receiver.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:40:54 PM EDT
[#2]
If you use a .22 can you'll have a lot more rail options. Too bad the shortest Fortis Switch is 12" or it'd be a good rail for use with a .22 can. If you are running a can inside the rail, you WILL want access to the bbl threads. Suppressed shooting is messy shooting and you'll need to clean the threads and it is pretty common for the mount to come off the can instead of the bbl when you are removing the can. The Hogue is growing on me. A KMR it isn't but for my needs with this setup it really shines.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top