Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2015 8:36:23 PM EDT
Was hoping someone could tell me if I am on the right track here.  I've been reading, looking at different products, sort of picked out a hypothetical parts list.  I am intrigued by the idea of a Glock mag lower.  Considering that, is there anything wrong with the following approach?

Quarter Circle GSF/Glock mag lower
Quarter Circle Glock-cut bolt
CMMG PDW Upper
Colt 9MM buffer (5.5 oz) & Wolff spring
hammer?

My specific questions:

No issues with QC bolt in CMMG upper?  

Hammer - I kind of got turned around reading through the various styles of AR hammers that will and won't work with 9MM bolts.  (or styles that will wear/damage over time)  Is there a bottom line answer as to which hammer will or won't function in the above configuration?  Will an M16 hammer work?  (on my M16, in full auto)

Thank you for the help!
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 8:42:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm using a standard ar hammer.  The one with the ALG trigger group.  The bolt has to be ramped like a standard ar bolt carrier.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 2:55:36 AM EDT
[#2]
May want to try a slightly heavier buffer.

8.5oz seems popular  Spikes ST-9X or HeavyBuffer Q
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:04:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
May want to try a slightly heavier buffer.

8.5oz seems popular  Spikes ST-9X or HeavyBuffer Q
View Quote

I'll look at those.  I will be shooting suppressed, as well.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top