Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2015 2:22:27 AM EDT
Just ordered one of these and even though it hasn't arrived yet I do have a few questions for the folks here that already have experience with one.

Understanding that this carbine may be hard on trigger pins, will or should I install upgraded pins or install the KNS type trigger pins?  And if so does this lower use standard size trigger pins?

Does this thing have a standard front takedown pin or is it a pivot bolt like older Colts?  I've been trying to browse pics but have been unsuccessful

Has anyone purchased and used the Brownell's labeled mags for these guns and if so how would you rate them?

Ok, that will be all for now...I should really write this stuff on paper as I think about it to prevent memory loss when posting

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 2:42:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Hardened stainless pins of normal size. Don't remove them.

Standard takedown pin.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 6:06:29 AM EDT
[#2]
What he said. It's been 100% reliable out of the box as well. I did have an issue with a loose barrel nut but it's had no  effect on function or accuracy. As to the mags, I've not used the ones you've mentioned but I did pick up a bunch of the ASC mags which have worked just fine.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 11:48:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Understanding that this carbine may be hard on trigger pins, will or should I install upgraded pins or install the KNS type trigger pins?  And if so does this lower use standard size trigger pins?

Does this thing have a standard front takedown pin or is it a pivot bolt like older Colts?  I've been trying to browse pics but have been unsuccessful

Has anyone purchased and used the Brownell's labeled mags for these guns and if so how would you rate them?

View Quote

It uses standard sized pins. Upgrading is completely optional. Me personally I would leave it be.

It has a standard milspec front take down pin.

Brownells magazines are made by Metalform. Metalform makes the magazines Colt supplies with 9mm rifles. I would rate them as tops.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 11:51:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies. I will leave the trigger pins alone, keep a watch on the barrel nut, and pick up some of the Brownells mags as spares.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top