Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2015 3:21:35 PM EDT
I know that a S&W 15-22 magazine will fit (a bit loosely) in a Mil. Spec. lower and a Ciener/Blackdog will not fit a S&W mag well.

Which other "AR" .22 rim fire magazines are interchangeable?  The M4 Colt/Walther ? The Mossberg AR-.22  ? etc.

I'm looking for an "AR.22" for my wife and I don't want to buy into a proprietary system. I currently use a DPMS Bull Barrel upper. and would
like something lighter and less expensive, for her, that uses the Ciener/Blackdog magazines.

Jack Kacee was the dog
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 4:10:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty sure the Colt and Mossberg are definitely proprietary mags. As they are a complete Proprietary design same as the SW 15=22

I would suggest if she wants light get another AR lower, upper reciever, CMMG bolt and a Taccom ULW barrel and make her a rifle. One of our complete rifles we put together using a CMMG bolt and Taccom ULW barrel weighs right at 5.5 pounds total. Thats with a rifle length aluminum JP free float handguard and a Magpul stock.

It is so light, easy to aquire targets quickly and pretty darn accurate...

We use the SW mags with a better mag adapter in our dedicated uppers and they are great..

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 6:38:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Or go to AA & get you a .17" HMR tackdriver.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 7:01:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Has she looked at the S&W 15-22? light enough? unless you have a bunch of BD mags it would be cheaper to buy the 15-22, a better mag adapter for your DPMS and switch to S&W mags.
EDIT: Just checked, I thought the better mag adapter would work with your DPMS, it won't... scratch that Idea

I don't know what "Less expensive" means to you but as stated a TACCOM UL upper and polymer or even aluminum lower would be light weight and will use the BD mags... Cheap it's not but it is one helluva set up
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 7:12:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a DPMS 22 upper.  Works great.  Uses the Blackdog mags.  I would definitely recommend it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:10:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Any TACCOM or CMMG 22 Upper will work with Black Dog Mags.  I prefer TACCOM over CMMG.

MAHA
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:17:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Tactical solutions also makes some very nice light weight bull barrel uppers, and full AR 22 rifles check them out and see what u think, id post the link but my dumb ass dont know how lol.............
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 11:06:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Guys, I'll see how she does with my brother's S&W 15-22 and go from there.

If she wants something heavier, I'll probably go for something in a CMMG M4 profile upper, to
fit a Mil. Spec lower and maintain some kind of standardization.

I'd hate to have 3-4 incompatible AR style magazines floating around here.

Jack Kacee was the dog..
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top