Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/23/2015 6:43:12 PM EDT
I Want some spare parts for my ST-22 but they seem unavailable on the Spike's Tacttical
website..

Do you think I can use CMMG Parts or Taccom replacement parts

I Hope somebody has already tried this

CMMG Kit

Taccom extractor

Taccom Firing Pin

These are what i hope will fit,or can be made to fit
I can't find the replacement parts on the Spike's Tactical website

Thanks in advance for your replies

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 8:53:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I Want some spare parts for my ST-22 but they seem unavailable on the Spike's Tacttical
website..

Do you think I can use CMMG Parts or Taccom replacement parts

I Hope somebody has already tried this
View Quote

Spike's quit the 22 game a few years ago.  Those parts *should* work, but I haven't personally tried them to guarantee that they do.

The Spike's, CMMG, Taccom3g, Ciener and some other 22 conversion kits are all based off the original modified Atchisson 22 conversion, so should be broadly parts-compatible.  I am using a Ciener bolt on a CMMG frame right now, and have used CMMG and Taccom3G parts in my Ciener and CMMG conversions, including extractors, firing pins and chamber adapters.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 7:56:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I ended up walking away from the Spikes bolt conversion all together for reliability issues and then lack of support for parts.  I used a new Taccom bolt unit with the spikes' barrel collar (this is the only odd part in the ST22 upper).
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 9:52:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Hay, thought u guys would like to know, spikes is back in the 22lr game again, they have a new dedicated Gen2 22lr bolt out now, it says its 4140 Cromoly steel and properly hardened and NP3 coated, they say they are compatible with Ciener firing pins, extractors and other components, I ordered there new bolt last Friday it should be here tomorrow, I also ordered taccoms firing pin, extractor and spring to change out, ill let u guys know how it looks and works as soon as im done building my dedicated 22lr AR........
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 5:49:46 PM EDT
[#4]

thanks for the replies guys,

it's greatly appreciated...

I Think I order the CMMG kit...

Thanks again
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 8:21:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Taccom or CMMG  is a good choice.

Dave N
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 8:48:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey OP, we never really answered your question. I finally got time to dig out parts, so here it is:

- Extractor should interchange between Spike's and CMMG/Taccom/BDM. I checked the spare extractors from Spikes against ones from Taccom and BDM, they share the same overall dimensions and pin hole location.  You can see that in the pic of the two bolts, the extractor pin hole are in the same location on both at the bottom.

- Firing pin - No, CMMG/Taccom/BDM are true Ciener pattern, Spike's is the odd ball one, see red marking of pin location on the two bolts and look at the pic of different firing pins

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 8:57:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hay, thought u guys would like to know, spikes is back in the 22lr game again, they have a new dedicated Gen2 22lr bolt out now, it says its 4140 Cromoly steel and properly hardened and NP3 coated, they say they are compatible with Ciener firing pins, extractors and other components, I ordered there new bolt last Friday it should be here tomorrow, I also ordered taccoms firing pin, extractor and spring to change out, ill let u guys know how it looks and works as soon as im done building my dedicated 22lr AR........
View Quote

You mean this? http://www.spikestactical.com/gen-ii-spikes-tactical-dedicated-22-bolt-p-999.html

$235 !!!

Plus parts from Taccom to change out? Wow!!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 9:28:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes sir thats the one, I know paying for the name mostly but what can u do, Im tired of waiting on taccom, a dollar waiting on a dime, when it comes to building stuff I dont care what the cost are as long as its what I want and its the best quality I can get, shit thats nothing I got 6 grand in 1 of my POF builds alone, it aint worth building if it aint done right lol......
Quoted:

You mean this? http://www.spikestactical.com/gen-ii-spikes-tactical-dedicated-22-bolt-p-999.html

$235 !!!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$235 !!!

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 9:36:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Might want to check the extractor pin hole size too.

Dave N
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:22:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks like a CMMG that has been NP3 Coated.  Not sure if it would be worth the Money.

MAHA
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:43:43 PM EDT
[#11]
why not, CMMG bolts are $220 for a plain stainless Bolt, the spikes bolts are hardened cromoly and NP3 coated for 15 bucks more how could it not be worth the money.....
Quoted:
Looks like a CMMG that has been NP3 Coated.  Not sure if it would be worth the Money.

MAHA
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 5:16:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Thanks for the replies Guys

Much appreciated..

I Don't want to wait on the availabillity of Spike's Parts,
It seems they have changed Pattern, and left me hanging recently.....

I will order the CMMG kit, and have a friend machine the Firing Pin to mimic the original pin..

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 5:57:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Got my spikes Bolt today, ordered it Friday afternoon got it on Wednesday, it looks just like a taccom bolt, has a nice NP3 coating on it, the welds look good, I will try and post a pic if I can figure out how to do it, im new to the site and not sure how to do it yet, guess ill half to wait and see how it works once I get the upper built, im sure it will work just fine, ill let u guys know soon.......
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 11:16:11 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Hey OP, we never really answered your question. I finally got time to dig out parts, so here it is:

- Extractor should interchange between Spike's and CMMG/Taccom/BDM. I checked the spare extractors from Spikes against ones from Taccom and BDM, they share the same overall dimensions and pin hole location.  You can see that in the pic of the two bolts, the extractor pin hole are in the same location on both at the bottom.

- Firing pin - No, CMMG/Taccom/BDM are true Ciener pattern, Spike's is the odd ball one, see red marking of pin location on the two bolts and look at the pic of different firing pins

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y102/Bravo5two/0b2417f0-e6ed-4eb5-b8a1-eb67f9c0ce57_zpsrqaciuj7.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y102/Bravo5two/9a293182-cc49-4a0b-a8b0-6c09640fa7f4_zpsjhkmwzui.jpg
View Quote
This is a great illustration of the differences. Thanks for sharing.

Makes me wish I had ordered a spare parts kit from Spikes when they still had them.

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top