Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/12/2015 10:17:20 PM EDT
Anyone know if this will work? Price difference between the GRF and G2S isn't big but I want to make sure it will run reliably with a ramped bolt.. If anyone has any info I'd appreciate it!
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 11:08:49 PM EDT
[#1]
A ramped bolt should mimic an AR15 5.56 carrier. If you hold them side by side, they should be the same length on the cocking boss.
I have always used a 5.56 carrier to match to my 9 m.m. bolts.
They have worked with a rounded G.I. hammer, A Jard. and an ArmaLite 2 stage.

Stay AWAY from a notched G.I.

So your trigger group should work as well. As it is for the 5.56 carrier.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 8:29:20 AM EDT
[#2]
this all depends on the shop that ramps the bolt and what profile they use.  some triggers lack the requisite height on the hammer to sufficiently catch the disconector.  this will cause  malfunctions.  I had a big list of groups in a thread that worked/didn't work with certain bolts.  I wish they would sticky it because if we just keep updating it it would be much easier.  this question comes across pretty frequently.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 5:54:56 PM EDT
[#3]
UPDATE:  I got a response from Geissele and they advised that the Brownell's exclusives triggers should work fine with standard ramped 9mm bolts!
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:45:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
UPDATE:  I got a response from Geissele and they advised that the Brownell's exclusives triggers should work fine with standard ramped 9mm bolts!
View Quote

Are you running a Glock cut bcg or just a standard 9mm?
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 7:04:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Standard 9mm ramped, but i dont think the glock cut will make a difference. AFAIK the glock cut is near the front of the bolt to accommodate the glock mags, the rear ramped portion is what seems to be most critical in regards to the trigger compatibility. maybe someone with some more knowledge will chime in.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 2:25:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Did you use KNS pins when you installed yours? I know the Geiselle says not to use them but I see that it's pretty common on the 9mm AR's to use them.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 3:43:28 PM EDT
[#7]
No, just used the included pins that came with the geissele. they do include pin locks that are mounted inside the lower to hold the pins, so I don't forsee and issue with them walking like on standard trigger assemblies. Gotta warn you, sliding the pins all the way through with those locks takes some extra "finesse" lol but it clicks securely in place.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 6:41:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the updates, I'm going to go ahead and order the trigger today. Hopefully it works out for the both of us, if not I already have another lower waiting for it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 2:40:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thanks for the updates, I'm going to go ahead and order the trigger today. Hopefully it works out for the both of us, if not I already have another lower waiting for it.
View Quote

Report back if it worked. I'd like to upgrade my 9mm AR - it didn't reset with the S3G
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:31:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Any updates? I got my lower back from the engraver today so I am ready to start assembling it, but my BCG is still on backorder so I can't test it out.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top