Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/28/2015 7:22:16 PM EDT
Hi Folks

Wanting to build another 9mm ar.  I'm already using a Hahn dedicated in one Colt
and now want to build another, but need to swap it out, so need an easily removable one.

Any info on a good quality drop in for the Colt system of mags?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:31:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Hahn drop in.  No bolt hold open (unless you add long-finger bolt catch - not a drop-in then though).

ETA: Hahn Drop-In page

The three different Hahn adapters
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:08:19 PM EDT
[#2]
My vote is for the Spikes. 9mm mag block. Two builds 0 problems first try on both.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:00:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My vote is for the Spikes. 9mm mag block. Two builds 0 problems first try on both.
View Quote

Do they still make those? the only 9mm stuff on thier website is the 9mm buffer.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:04:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Do they still make those? the only 9mm stuff on thier website is the 9mm buffer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No they don't...

My take on your dilemma: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_48/439312_Spike_s_Tactical_9mm_Enhanced_Magazine_Block__DISCONTINUED__Alternative_found__.html
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:30:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ditto......mine's been awesome
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 2:49:25 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm going to be running the promag block. If it doesn't work I'm only out 35$
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:34:38 AM EDT
[#7]
spikes
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:12:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm going to be running the promag block. If it doesn't work I'm only out 35$
View Quote

From all the reports about using those blocks that I've read, you should start shopping for a metal magazine adapter now...
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:30:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Hahn, I started with a non-dedicated top loader as I was sharing 9mm upper with another lower and wanted quick swap capability. Later made it a complete rifle and added a long finger bolt catch for LRHO. Best choice for Metalform mags, and if you're having good luck with a Hahn now why change? When I bought mine it was the only magwell block with feed ramps, unless that's changed I can't think of any better reason to stick with Hahn.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:18:17 AM EDT
[#10]
The price of some mag blocks cost more than a dedicated 9mm lower

Just sayin...

My first 9mm I used a pro mag mag block , it actually worked very well.
I have two 9mm ARs  with dedicated lowers one is DDLES  and the other is GPI F9 both colt style
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:06:13 AM EDT
[#11]
If you're starting out, a dedicated lower makes things much simpler.  However, dedicated lowers can be very sensitive to magazine changes.  My RRA block (the Spikes' block is essentially a "product improved" version of this one) handles even old CProducts magazines in both my SBR and my carbine.  If you only have one brand of magazine, a dedicated lower is great, but since I have modified Uzi mags, CProducts mags and Metalform mags, my bottom-feed block fits my needs better.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:55:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Hahn makes the best mag block, period.

But with the current crop of dedicated 9mm AR lowers, that's the way to go, IMHO.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:15:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 3:51:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Hahn, I started with a non-dedicated top loader as I was sharing 9mm upper with another lower and wanted quick swap capability. Later made it a complete rifle and added a long finger bolt catch for LRHO. Best choice for Metalform mags, and if you're having good luck with a Hahn now why change? When I bought mine it was the only magwell block with feed ramps, unless that's changed I can't think of any better reason to stick with Hahn.
View Quote

Great obs, didn't see that on the feed ramps.  Thank you, and to all who chimmed in.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 5:33:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Hahn & mf mags              
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 5:19:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I received my promag block yesterday along with my ASC 32rd mags. So far everything seems to work as it should. I can only hand cycle right now as I am waiting for my hand guard to arrive. The mags do rub a bit and some of the finish is starting to come off in those spots. I think it just takes a bit to get them fit 100% perfectly. Once the hand guard arrives I can test to make sure everything runs without a hitch.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:06:25 PM EDT
[#17]
I have used RRA, Spikes and ProMag.  They all worked !
I have ran RRA the most. I have always had good luck with them.

Tried the ProMag because I got a used one for $25 shipped. It was well worth it.

Spikes is good, and if you want to fine tune the feed angle Spikes will do it.

The ProMag is a good way to save a buck. It looks flimsy. But it seems to hold out OK.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 9:33:47 PM EDT
[#18]
My promag has been 100% so far, but I'd go dedicated if I could redo it again.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top