Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/30/2014 8:53:15 PM EDT
My dream home defense rifle -
1.  a small carbine chambered in 9mm , that is reliable with a wide range of ammo
2. Threaded barrel to accept a Tirant 9 that is currently in purgatory
3. Accepts Glock mags ( or some other pistol mag Sig p226 , Beretta 92 ?, CZ ? )

Questions
1. I see a Quarter Circle lower that takes Glock mags
2. What would the list of components look like ? Budget $800
3. When do you need a ramped bolt ( or a non ramped bolt ) L
4. Based on bolt , do you run a standard lower parts Kit - in particular the hammer .?
( edit ) remove number 5 dumb question

I have looked at Kel tec sub2000- but they appear to be cheaply constructed and market priced near me at $600.
Thanks in advance for any that take the time to post helpful knowledge. I have built several ARs for myself and friends that all work well including a pistol.
I know that there is a lot of "tribal" knowledge with pistol caliber builds

Link Posted: 12/30/2014 9:06:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

My dream home defense rifle -
1.  a small carbine chambered in 9mm , that is reliable with a wide range of ammo
2. Threaded barrel to accept a Tirant 9 that is currently in purgatory
3. Accepts Glock mags ( or some other pistol mag Sig p226 , Beretta 92 ?, CZ ? )

Questions
1. I see a Quarter Circle lower that takes Glock mags
2. What would the list of components look like ? Budget $800
3. When do you need a ramped bolt ( or a non ramped bolt ) L
4. Based on bolt , do you run a standard lower parts Kit - in particular the hammer .?
5. Do you run an adjustable gas block to make this reliably cycle subsonic and standard ammo ?

I have looked at Kel tec sub2000- but they appear to be cheaply constructed and market priced near me at $600.
Thanks in advance for any that take the time to post helpful knowledge. I have built several ARs for myself and friends that all work well including a pistol.
I know that there is a lot of "tribal" knowledge with pistol caliber builds

View Quote

#5 is NO the 9mm is blowback not gas operated.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 9:44:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I have 9MM upper with a DDLES lower (now Quarter circle 10) and a JP bolt. It is ramped and narrowed for Glock magazines from the factory. I am running a 45 buffer &  Wolf extra power spring in it because I also use a 40 S&W upper on it. It has a 4 in barrel from ADCO. I used a standard LPK with a ALG ACT trigger.

I shoot it suppressed all the time & it works great.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 9:49:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Spikes Billet upper
DDLES Glock 9 lower
Evolution

Very fun gun!
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 9:52:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have 9MM upper with a DDLES lower (now Quarter circle 10) and a JP bolt. It is ramped and narrowed for Glock magazines from the factory. I am running a 45 buffer &  Wolf extra power spring in it because I also use a 40 S&W upper on it. It has a 4 in barrel from ADCO. I used a standard LPK with a ALG ACT trigger.

I shoot it suppressed all the time & it works great.
View Quote

Thank YOU
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 9:54:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
http://imageshack.us/a/img901/7194/DKz4td.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img540/3462/AiOWvt.jpg

Spikes Billet upper
DDLES Glock 9 lower
Evolution

Very fun gun!
View Quote

Nice , did you assemble this ? Did the upper come complete with BCG ?
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 10:02:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes I sent the bcg to Adco to function with the Glock lower.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 10:10:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Please tell me Quarter Circle is owned by someone different than DDLES.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 10:15:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Please tell me Quarter Circle is owned by someone different than DDLES.
View Quote
Yes, it's the former backers who are trying to salvage their investments...

Link Posted: 12/31/2014 12:12:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Is there something bad about quarter circle ?
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 12:16:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Seekins BAR? 9"?

BBL length?

Thanks!

Quoted:
http://imageshack.us/a/img901/7194/DKz4td.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img540/3462/AiOWvt.jpg

Spikes Billet upper
DDLES Glock 9 lower
Evolution

Very fun gun!
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/31/2014 8:07:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

My experience with QC10 has been nothing but positive.  Russ and Bettina have been nothing but extremely helpful and supportive on every question I had.  Russ in particular goes the extra mile to make sure you're happy, including personal follow-up phone calls (for me anyway).  The CLT9MM lower receiver is a quality piece of hardware.  Very well made, and functions very well.  I had a couple of issues with compatibility of a couple of components and had to do a bit of modifying to get the CMMG MK9 BCG to fit (interference with ejector), and the Timney FCG (small interference in front bottom corners of trigger well that had to be dremeled out slightly).  I didn't expect everything to fit together perfectly and half the fun of building your own gun is working through these kinds of fitment issues.  Thanks to the folks here on this forum and QC10 themselves, you get great support.  Could their lowers be less costly?  Maybe, but I think they are worth the money.  Have run a few hundred rounds through my QC10 based rifle, and it is running like a champ.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 9:15:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

My experience with QC10 has been nothing but positive.  Russ and Bettina have been nothing but extremely helpful and supportive on every question I had.  Russ in particular goes the extra mile to make sure you're happy, including personal follow-up phone calls (for me anyway).  The CLT9MM lower receiver is a quality piece of hardware.  Very well made, and functions very well.  I had a couple of issues with compatibility of a couple of components and had to do a bit of modifying to get the CMMG MK9 BCG to fit (interference with ejector), and the Timney FCG (small interference in front bottom corners of trigger well that had to be dremeled out slightly).  I didn't expect everything to fit together perfectly and half the fun of building your own gun is working through these kinds of fitment issues.  Thanks to the folks here on this forum and QC10 themselves, you get great support.  Could their lowers be less costly?  Maybe, but I think they are worth the money.  Have run a few hundred rounds through my QC10 based rifle, and it is running like a champ.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks - sounds like good support.

Link Posted: 12/31/2014 7:32:16 PM EDT
[#13]
aww crap.... I have a 9mm SBR that I built after ddles went under and before I knew QC10 was around. now I have to buy one of the lowers because I love it so much, and do it all over again
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top