Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/15/2014 3:18:56 PM EDT
Anyone use one or have any info, AR-15 9x19 bolt assembly ramped bottom phosphate coated.134.93 is cheap for a 9mm bolt !
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 3:51:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't buy from them no matter what the price. But that's just me.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 4:02:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 4:29:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I wouldn't buy from CTD if it cost .87 cents but that's just me.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 5:32:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I just paid $185 for a CMMG bolt last week. Wish I would have seen those!
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 6:57:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Is the tactical ambush bolt any good
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 8:14:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Good find.  Thanks...
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 9:08:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm new to AR 9mm,what's the deal with CTD?
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:12:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Cheaper then dirt are douchebag hacks that screwed anyone dumb enough to buy from them after sandy hook.  Outrageous prices but I guess the old saying goes a fool and his money.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:15:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I used to say cheaper than dirt was the worst but that spot is now reserved for buds. CTD got bumped up to second worst gun company imho. I would not buy a thing from either one.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 4:33:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Cheaper then dirt are douchebag hacks that screwed anyone dumb enough to buy from them after sandy hook.  Outrageous prices but I guess the old saying goes a fool and his money.
View Quote

my main problem is they folded like a lawn chair after the wake of sandy hook and pulled firearm sales to "re evaluate" their business practices.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 5:48:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

ill let you know when i get it in and tested
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 7:30:26 PM EDT
[#12]
MAS Defense is coming out with a 9mm bolt for like $129 soon, atleast according to their website
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:09:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

The problems with CTD have nothing to do with 9mm, or any other caliber for that matter.

ETA: Unless you were pissed off specifically at that box of .380 shells they were charging 200+ bucks for. Then I guess it would be a caliber-specific hatred.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:39:27 AM EDT
[#14]
I guess since I'm the OP I can ask again what's the deal with
CTD,and since someone threw Buds in the mix,them also.And to all the one liners,I'm not new to guns,just the 9mm AR,so it's not "caliber specific".When all is said and done,I asked about the part,specifically the bolt,not the company.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:44:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
CTD,and since someone threw Buds in the mix,them also.And to all the one liners,I'm not new to guns,just the 9mm AR,so it's not "caliber specific".When all is said and done,I asked about the part,specifically the bolt,not the company.
View Quote

IIRC, shortly after Sandy Hook, CTD changed their prices on their AR mags by more than 500%.  They were trying to sell the Magpul 30rd for over 60 apiece.  They then pulled all their AR parts off the website and stated they were reevaluating their business model.

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:01:49 AM EDT
[#16]
The page says it's a JSE Surplus URPB&C9 which is kind of strange because JSE doesn't make their own 9mm bolt, they sell RRA and CMMG bolts

ETA: after looking at the JSE webpage it looks like the bolt CTD is selling is a CMMG bolt, the CTD URPB&C9 part number matches the URPB&C9 part number on the JSE page, hell even the description is the same word for word, which means $135 is not a bad price.

JSE

http://www.jsesurplus.com/9mmrampedbottomboltassembly.aspx

CTD
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/ARR-9441
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:38:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

this is my problem.   in other words them caving to antigunners

The following i don't have a big issue with other than it it shady. But many other think its a down right wrong business practice:

canceling customer orders and then prices change to this later that day

and many more than those examples.

now as that is not on topic, nor technical, i invite you to Google Cheaper than Dirt business practices.

Back to topic. i would not consider buying a no-name brand bolt for 9mm. i have purchased a few in the past that are not reliable in feeding, and play a big part in chewing up brass. i went ahead and bit the bullet after learning once the hard way, and a second time to be sure.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:48:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

It all started waaayyyy back in 2008 with -52% savings

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:50:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Not trying to start an argument,and I don't agree with the practices of companies that do such,but AR15 type rifles and accessories doubled in price right after Sandy Hook.Now prices are back to normal.Its everyone's right to purchase what and where they want,but it's like the person who complaines about China but types on a computer made there.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:42:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Not trying to start an argument,and I don't agree with the practices of companies that do such,but AR15 type rifles and accessories doubled in price right after Sandy Hook.Now prices are back to normal.Its everyone's right to purchase what and where they want,but it's like the person who complaines about China but types on a computer made there.
View Quote

If anyone else but the Chinese made computers, I would buy one from that source.  As far as CTD goes, there are plenty of others selling the same products, for the same or less. Examples abound in this thread, even.

So why support those hacks?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 2:00:27 PM EDT
[#21]
It's a little more expensive, but JP Enterprises makes a nice 9MM bolt, it comes ramped and narrowed for Glock magazines, plus it's compatible with their new 9MM silence buffer & spring setup.

I have one in my 9MM AR.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 4:22:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 4:30:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

In my case, they cancelled an ammo order I made hours before the Sandy Hook shooting, citing "indefinitely out of stock"
It showed back up in stock on their website two hours later at double the price.

They cancelled my standing order so they could make a few extra bucks off of the panic generated by dead kids.
They can claim it's for the greater good, to ensure they maintain stock, but after that, it's easy to see their real colors.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 6:18:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It's a little more expensive, but JP Enterprises makes a nice 9MM bolt, it comes ramped and narrowed for Glock magazines, plus it's compatible with their new 9MM silence buffer & spring setup.

I have one in my 9MM AR.
View Quote

Do you run it suppressed?  How does the JPE spring and buffer combo work?
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 1:44:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

tested today with no issues. ejects at 3. tried cheap ammo as well as my 125 gr reloads.

Link Posted: 12/24/2014 6:16:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Looks like I am gonna have to make a purchase
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 10:19:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Just got my CTD bolt in today. No identifying branding on the packaging as far as a manufacturer goes. At first glance it looks like a high quality bolt. Finish is even and smooth, staking on the key is good, everything appears good to go. However...

It fits EXTREMELY tight in my VLTOR upper. Like, takes quite a bit of pressure to get it fully in there. In addition to this, once it's in, I can't close the upper. It looks like the ejector is hitting the BCG somewhere, but I can't tell where.

This is my first 9mm build  so I'm not sure if this stuff is typical, but it's definitely frustrating.

Link Posted: 12/24/2014 10:25:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Just got my CTD bolt in today. No identifying branding on the packaging as far as a manufacturer goes. At first glance it looks like a high quality bolt. Finish is even and smooth, staking on the key is good, everything appears good to go. However...

It fits EXTREMELY tight in my VLTOR upper. Like, takes quite a bit of pressure to get it fully in there. In addition to this, once it's in, I can't close the upper. It looks like the ejector is hitting the BCG somewhere, but I can't tell where.

This is my first 9mm build  so I'm not sure if this stuff is typical, but it's definitely frustrating.

View Quote

That sucks I have a vltor upper and am having second thoughts.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 10:52:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guys - it may be a CMMG bolt that has a known problem with QC10/DDLES lowers.  There are lots of threads on this.  Most people have used a dremel on the ejector to take a bit of material off the "elbow" and back.  You don't have to remove much material.  Others have removed some material in the bolt.  Look here:
take down pin not going in
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 9:12:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Is everything still going good with the bolt?
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top