Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2014 4:21:21 AM EDT
I have a CMMG 4.5" build with a .22 Spectre 2 suppressor.

Out of curiosity, what kind of accuracy are you guys getting with similar builds?

I am going to zero mine soon for 20 yards with a Vortex Crossfire 2 1-4 scope. Just want to get an idea of what to expect.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 1:28:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I bet you'll be surprised how accurate it is.  I have a CMMG 6.5" barrel on a pistol and at 50 yards with a red dot and not even trying I put mag after mag into an area smaller than the palm of my hand with Federal bulk pack ammo
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 8:52:10 PM EDT
[#2]
My 4.5" cmmg barrel and suppressor are all over the place (6" group) at 10 yards. Still fun to shoot though.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 9:36:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My 4.5" cmmg barrel and suppressor are all over the place (6" group) at 10 yards. Still fun to shoot though.
View Quote

6" at 10yds!?!? You need to look for baffle strikes or get a new barrel!

What ammo?
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 12:06:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Something is definitely wrong.  10 yards is almost close enough to reach out and touch with your hand.  If you meant 100 yards then that isn't quite as bad but still could be better with some different ammo
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 6:33:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am getting some wild accuracy to with my 4.5" CMMG suppressed :/. Can't zero it.

I will post a 10 yard, 5 shot group in a bit.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 6:51:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I am getting some wild accuracy to with my 4.5" CMMG suppressed :/. Can't zero it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What kind of ammo? Can you try another kind?
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 6:53:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Are either of you guys that are running the cmmg barrels having feeding issues? Have you tried ejecting a live round after it fed to check and see if it is getting torn up? I have a cmmg 4.5 inch barrel / collar combo that I can't get to feed reliably enough to attempt a Zero of the sights. I've eliminated every variable but the barrel / collar. Cmmg is shipping me a new collar (great customer service so far). Out of a 25 round mag, about 4 or more will fail to feed. If I eject a live round the bullet tips are bent sideways, and some of the lead is scraped onto the casing. I wonder if this is happening with you guys to a lesser extent, just not enough to cause a FTF.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 10:07:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a 4.5" barrel from member Redtazdog(sp) and can break clays at 75yds, with a reflex dot sight, with boring accuracy. Something is up with the ones that won't group.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 10:29:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Are either of you guys that are running the cmmg barrels having feeding issues? Have you tried ejecting a live round after it fed to check and see if it is getting torn up? I have a cmmg 4.5 inch barrel / collar combo that I can't get to feed reliably enough to attempt a Zero of the sights. I've eliminated every variable but the barrel / collar. Cmmg is shipping me a new collar (great customer service so far). Out of a 25 round mag, about 4 or more will fail to feed. If I eject a live round the bullet tips are bent sideways, and some of the lead is scraped onto the casing. I wonder if this is happening with you guys to a lesser extent, just not enough to cause a FTF.
View Quote

Buzz the chamber!!! How To HERE

Also might be the ammo, Rem Golden don't work in my kits.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 10:39:49 PM EDT
[#10]
My taccom 4" shoots very well. I've never sat down and shot groups but I can break clays and 50. It will easily keep a mag dump on a 10" plate and that is just screwing around.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 10:44:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, but tried that. Along with a variety of ammo, including mini mags.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 10:56:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I had a 6.5" and the accuracy was very impressive.  I cut it down to 4.5" and it's not nearly as accurate now, although still a ton of fun and it now keeps everything subsonic.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 10:57:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What mags? Black Dog?
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 11:10:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

What mags? Black Dog?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What mags? Black Dog?

4 different black dog xform mags with plastic feed lip, and 15-22 mags.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 12:03:12 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote
I polished my feed ramp to a mirror finish with a felt wheel on a dremel and some polishing compound.  Didn't change any angles, just shined it up.  Made a big difference.

Link Posted: 12/9/2014 12:14:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I polished my feed ramp to a mirror finish with a felt wheel on a dremel and some polishing compound.  Didn't change any angles, just shined it up.  Made a big difference.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got that covered too. Along with trying an alternative complete known working lower and bolt, with my feed ramp installed.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 3:05:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Zeroing is where I really noticed. I would adjust and thwn the bullet would impact somewhere else. It was very random, but it looked like a shotgun pattern.
Quoted:

6" at 10yds!?!? You need to look for baffle strikes or get a new barrel!

What ammo?

Yup, 10 yards at an indoor range.  I took the suppressor apart and the baffles look peefect. The ammo was Federal "match" ammo in a white box. Unjacketed bullet.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 1:22:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Have you shot it without the suppressor? How were those groups?
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 12:03:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Have you shot it without the suppressor? How were those groups?
View Quote

I need to do this. I haven't had a chance to shoot without it yet. I will try and report back.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 12:10:01 PM EDT
[#20]
These inaccuracy stories are not cool.

I told my wife that the 4.5" CMMG barrel is what I wanted for Christmas this year. I hope I didn't make a big mistake on supressor host choice :(
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 6:02:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
These inaccuracy stories are not cool.

I told my wife that the 4.5" CMMG barrel is what I wanted for Christmas this year. I hope I didn't make a big mistake on supressor host choice :(
View Quote

The CMMG has the best on paper. Melonited, 4.5", nice taper, etc. I think the problem lies somehwere else.

I made a new thread of my problems, included a picture:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_15/663061_.html&page=1
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 4:16:38 PM EDT
[#22]
I tried my 4.5" cmmg without the suppressor today and the groups tightened up. It appears that the suppressor is to blame. No baffle strikes either.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 4:19:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I tried my 4.5" cmmg without the suppressor today and the groups tightened up. It appears that the suppressor is to blame. No baffle strikes either.
View Quote

Have you tried that suppressor on any other hosts?
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 5:56:59 PM EDT
[#24]
I have and come to think of it, my buckmark's accuracy was off too. I hadn't thought about it being the suppressor since I changed barrels at the same time. I need to get a rest and do a more controlled test.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:56:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Any updates OP?

I received a replacement collar from cmmg last week and made it out today. Gun runs 100 percent now. Going to try and make it back out tomorrow to shoot from a rest and see if I have any strange accuracy issues like others in the thread.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:30:23 PM EDT
[#26]
I'll be testing mine in the morning with cci mini mag, standard velocity and federal bulk. Curious what accuracy I get now. Brand new 4.5" cmmg barrel and ss bolt kit.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:24:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Let us know! What you going to use for sights?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 4:15:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Let us know! What you going to use for sights?
View Quote

Only got to try cci SV and used a PA micro red dot. Out door range. No wind. 40 degrees. Standing at 25 yards I shot a 1 & 7/8" 5 shot group. Sitting at a bench at 25 yards I got a 1 & 1/8" 6 shot group.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 6:33:20 PM EDT
[#29]
I'd be ok with that, considering I threw my PA dot on my setup yesterday and was seeing 2+ inch groups from a rest @ 25 yards. Same dot on an off the shelf 15-22 of mine, from the same rest resulted in one large hole.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 1:49:48 PM EDT
[#30]
I ran into this same issue and was able to resolve it. Ironcically my 4.5" barrel grouped fine with my can, but when I put that same can on my 16" barrel it was all over the place.  Turns out the threads were too long on my M&P15 -22.  Standard length AR15 threads are too long for a 22 can and cause the bullet to be unstable.  Gemtech makes an adaptor which reduces their length.  I bought one and problem solved.

I wasn't having baffle strikes either.  It took me a little while to figure out what was causing it.  Hopefully that's all that's wrong with yours.

Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/5/2015 12:09:43 PM EDT
[#31]
I put mine on paper recently. 4.5" CMMG with sparrow. 25 yards with a PA red dot and you can cover 10 shots with a quarter easily. This is with cci sv and blazer. Oh yeah I also have the fun switch on my registered receiver. Most fun set up you can shoot!
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top