Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2014 9:03:02 PM EDT
Looking for some real world feedback from folks that own or have shot the Lone Wolf G9 9mm carbine.  It looks like the supply issues have finally been resolved, and with what appears to be 100's
(1,000's?) of units sold, there is very little info available online.  I own Glocks, and after recent shoulder surgery and a bad experience with a JRC 9mm carbine, I'm ready for something more main
stream that I can spend more time shooting and less time fixing.  Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:37:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Can only speak towards the Lower.  I have the LW G9 carbine lower with a Model 1 upper.  Finished a few months ago.  Adco modified the bolt for the correct ramp and Glock mags.  Only had one failure, a double feed.  I tried my light IDPA hand loads and it didn't like one of them.  Probably on the really light side as it tends to cycle them slowly.  WWB 115gr shot fine all day long.  It didn't like a Korean 33 round mag.  The metal liners I have found are inconsistent and the bolt tore up the rear of the mag.  Ran fine with all my Glock mags regardless of capacity.  I put a cheap red dot on it and sighted it in for 35 yds.  I can knock out head shots all day long off hand with it on an IDPA target.  I really love it.  Super fun to shot and cheap to shoot too.  Thinking of shortening the barrel and welding on a moderator.  Absolutely no complaints here.
Scott
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:52:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you!
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 8:49:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:17:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Initial fit is a solid A, finish is an A- but nothing of concern.  The free float hand guard is particularly nice, and I was pleasantly surprised with the overall quality.  After a quick cleaning, installing the Trijicon RX30, Troy tritium front sight, MBUS folding rear sight, and Streamlight PolyTac light, it's off to the range for some break-in time.

Following advice from you guys, I have purchased some 124 gr. practice ammo.  Put 150 rounds of 124 gr. Aguila ball, 50 rounds of 124 gr. Winchester NATO ball, and 15 rounds of 124 gr. Federal HST down range, all without a single issue.  I did notice the Glock mags are stiff to insert on a closed bolt.  Groups were 1.5"-2" at various distances, but with my over 50 eyesight I am more than pleased with the results.

My next project will likely be a QC10 lower with the LRBHO option, which I'll swap with with the Lone Wolf and put a .40 upper on it..
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 11:40:33 AM EDT
[#5]
LWD lower with a JSE upper. Mine took two years to finish but very gratifying to get done. Runs like a sewing machine.

Relative to the OP, there is the blowback recoil. My subjective assessment is recoil is similar to a .223 AR but with a longer dwell time. in other words, hammer away. Muzzle flash and report are so much less on 9mms.

My only change today would be to SBR or short barrel pistol if possible. My is sixteen inches and would love an eight inch barrel.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 9:33:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Now at the 500 round count with zero issues - paid a premium for this carbine, but I really wanted a rifle that was not a "work in progress" gun.  Very satisfied and completely knocked out with Lone Wolf's customer service - they do business like you wish everyone else would!
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top