Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/16/2014 11:46:42 AM EDT
Hi everyone, I'm new to the boards here. I was a member on INGO for a while, I've been reading some threads here the past few weeks, and decided to join.

I've had my suppressor for a few years, and I want to do some upgrading on it. I read a while a go that a heavier buffer and spring will increase locktime, and make it quieter.

It's a CMMG MK-9 with an SRT Arms integral suppressor.

Does anyone have any advice or experience regarding the heavy buffer and spring?

Here're some pics, because you can't talk about an integrally suppressed 9mm AR and not show it...

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 11:51:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I was running a Slash 9QT which is super heavy and extended before I switched over to a LWRC Ultra Compact buffer tube.  I'll be getting the Slash buffer for it as well.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 12:10:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was running a Slash 9QT which is super heavy and extended before I switched over to a LWRC Ultra Compact buffer tube.  I'll be getting the Slash buffer for it as well.
View Quote

How did that work out? Did you notice a difference? My runs pretty quiet with 147s, but anything else I can do to improve it, I will do.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 12:12:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

How did that work out? Did you notice a difference? My runs pretty quiet with 147s, but anything else I can do to improve it, I will do.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ran it that way from the start, so no difference to notice.  It worked well, ran reliably.  With 147s it was extremely quiet, almost Hollywood quiet.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 3:36:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Like Josh, I built mine using the 9Q-T/Wolf XP spring combo.  I only shoot suppressed and it runs fine in my rig.  One can also remove weight from it to fine tune it.  Here is a liitle video of a buddy of mine shooting it...

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top