Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2014 8:50:51 PM EDT
Does anyone have experience with their 9mm lowers? I'm thinking about ordering one but I kind of wanted to get some advice from the hive. Pros, Cons?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 8:56:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Just bought one of their Colt pattern lowers. So far, so good. I switch over from the Glock lower....to many issues with the last round hold open on the Glock lower.

They (QC10) answer the phone when you call and they shipped the lower quickly. Happy with their service.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 9:05:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine has been running very well. BHO isn't 100% functional at the moment but still tweaking. I also here they are working on a better version.

Link Posted: 11/14/2014 10:03:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Let me know how the colt lower works for you in regards to the BHO.

Dude, where did you find such a short Wilson rail?
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 10:18:08 PM EDT
[#4]
And how did your SBR stamp come back so fast?  I've been waiting on another for 5+ months.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 11:30:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The Colt lower BHO works fine for those that have that style receiver.

I chopped a longer TRIM rail to fit this build.

Quoted:
And how did your SBR stamp come back so fast?  I've been waiting on another for 5+ months.

Form 1s through eFile run about 30 days for a trust. Filed late Sept. and approved in Oct.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 12:43:36 AM EDT
[#6]
They are good to go, very high quality stuff.  The Colt style BHO works fine, it's the Glock style that are finicky, but that is true for all brands of Glock style 9mm lowers.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 11:13:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I was not aware of any other Glock pattern lowers that offer a last round BHO? I know Lone Wolf an JP do not offer last round BHO, is there other Glock lowers out there?
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 3:42:11 PM EDT
[#8]
My QC10 Colt Mag lower runs like a champ.  I just bought one of the GPI lowers to try for comparison.  It was $100 less.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 8:52:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My QC10 Colt Mag lower runs like a champ.  I just bought one of the GPI lowers to try for comparison.  It was $100 less.
View Quote

Let us know how the GPI works out. I've got a DDLES and am interested in the GPI...
THANKS,
Cheers623
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 9:55:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Does anyone have any problems with the glock lower not holding magazines?
The mag release on mine seems likes its not strong enough to hold the mag in.  If I wiggle or pull lightly on the mag while it is inserted it falls out of the magwell.  If I push on the mag release lever against the mag they won't fall out.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 10:14:07 PM EDT
[#11]
My QC10 Glock lower runs fine.....10.5" barrel, 5.56 upper with JP Bolt. No problems with BHO.  (At least so far!)  About 100 rounds thru it, but BHO operates fine.

I also picked up a Black Creek Precision (GPI) Colt mag lower for next build....price was driving factor as that 100.00 can go elsewhere!  It looks as well made as any lower I've run across to date and equal to the QC10.....if you want to use Glock mags, then QC10 is the way to go.  The Black Creek lower uses a std trigger guard so you have more leeway with furniture.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 1:52:41 AM EDT
[#12]
My QC10 Glock lower runs great.  Love it.  Except BHO was problematic and broke.  I run it without.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 4:59:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the advice everyone, I think I'll go with the colt based on what everyone has said here.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:21:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Let us know how the GPI works out. I've got a DDLES and am interested in the GPI...
THANKS,
Cheers623
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

THANKS,
Cheers623

Just finished the GPI.  I ran two flawless mags thru it this PM.  I will install optics and Zero it tomorrow.  Should give QC10 a run for the money.

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:53:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks good, what was the price on those GPI lowers and where can you get them at?
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:14:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Looks good, what was the price on those GPI lowers and where can you get them at?
View Quote

Bought mine on Gunbroker for $150 + shipping.

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:44:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Joleson - Curious if you use OEM Glock mags?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 8:48:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Joleson - Curious if you use OEM Glock mags?
View Quote

Mine use Colt mags.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:38:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:12:28 PM EDT
[#20]

This was on their facebook page. Seems like a great piece but it is 1559.00 ouch!

At that price I'll just buy a lower for 189.00
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 2:19:39 PM EDT
[#21]
mine runs great, glock and kci mags work.
only issue is I'm running the JP 9mm silent capture spring and i think it's too much tension and when firing the last round the bolt doesn't travel far enough back to lock open.
locks open fine if you pull the CH back though?????
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:49:13 PM EDT
[#22]

Greetings,

A few of us had this problem with the DDLES Glock lowers. Seems it will resolve itself over time. Just keep inserting (with a bit of a smack on the mag), remove, repeat. Should be ok after a few dozen cycles. That worked for me with factory mags and another owner who had posted the same problem

Regards, Jim

Quoted:
Does anyone have any problems with the glock lower not holding magazines?
The mag release on mine seems likes its not strong enough to hold the mag in.  If I wiggle or pull lightly on the mag while it is inserted it falls out of the magwell.  If I push on the mag release lever against the mag they won't fall out.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:29:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
only issue is I'm running the JP 9mm silent capture spring and i think it's too much tension and when firing the last round the bolt doesn't travel far enough back to lock open.
View Quote

I had that problem with my GPI lower and Colt mags.  I took a dremel to the face of the bolt catch.  I kept trimming and fitting til the bolt held open on last round.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:14:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Try holding the bolt catch when firing. You'll determine whether you are short stroking or cycling too fast. Mine's the latter.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 8:17:10 PM EDT
[#25]
I was using factory glock mags. They would lock in but fall out after a round or two. It appears the catch isn't seating into the mag all the way.  Thanks...I'll keep working on it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:09:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have a JP silent spring in my DDLES Colt lower gun. Works great. Holds open on ASC mags with no problems.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:09:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sounds like bolt bounce. Easy way to test it is hold the bolt catch when you shoot it. If it locks back, it is bolt bounce. Basically the bolt velocity is to fast for the bolt catch to have time to engage. To fix it you will either have to have a heavier bolt, heavier spring, heavier buffer, or a combination of the three.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 9:01:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Mine has been running very well. BHO isn't 100% functional at the moment but still tweaking. I also here they are working on a better version.

View Quote

What buffer are you running with the LWRC compact stock?
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top