Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2014 11:55:50 AM EDT
Southern Gun in the UK have re-worked the CZ V22 action in a brand new billet upper, but to much tighter tolerances, with a CNC machined bolt and a few other small changes, including a bolt hold open facility (manual, not last round). The other good news is that it still works fine with Black Dog magazines. It's very nice to shoot. They will do a complete rifle but I just had a barrel and action to put on a float tube I already had, and will shoot it on my old lower. Seen here with my older, shortened, CZ V22 upper:

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 12:50:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice build and it is good to see that technology is
improving the AR22!  Thanks for the post.

Would very much like to see how it shoots and with
whose ammunition.

Ted
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 6:09:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I've only shot it to 50m so far, checking function rather than accuracy, but it looked promising. I intend to use it at 100m as son as I can, and will try different ammo, although I suspect only HV to start with.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 3:24:29 AM EDT
[#3]
What does a complete upper with barrel cost?
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 5:49:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Depending on your choice of handguard & muzzle device, in the region of £700.00 / 890.00 Eurothingys.....($1125.00....yes really.)

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 6:47:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Depending on your choice of handguard & muzzle device, in the region of £700.00 / 890.00 Eurothingys.....($1125.00....yes really.)

www.southern-gun.co.uk

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

www.southern-gun.co.uk

Looking good mate. I sold my CMMG AR22 and replaced it with one of Bob's 9mm LR ARs.

It's best not to think about pricing here
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:17:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I have similar upper.  The magazines are from Black Dog but they are not the ciener type.  But only fits V22.

Mine cost me used $260 with 2 mags.

Shoots great.  Never had a jam yet.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:57:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I think my original V22, complete rifle, was £650 / $1046. That was @12 years ago. They varied quite a lot in build quality. I was lucky, mine needed a bit of fettling but runs well enough for competition. SGC originally had 1000 from the 3000 production run. They had to junk @120 of them....

The W22 however is considerably different. Totally new billet upper, all CNC machined plus CNC machined bolt...and other small improvements. Just as well...
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top