Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2014 2:59:14 PM EDT
Are there any available on the market ?
One has been on Gunbroker for awhile but he wants $3100.
Not going to go there.

Also a replica kit on GB but a real one would be nice.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:53:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Are there any available on the market ?
One has been on Gunbroker for awhile but he wants $3100.
Not going to go there.

Also a replica kit on GB but a real one would be nice.
View Quote

Originals of course are not made any more, and all the New-Old Stock stuff is in private hands, either being used or tucked into retirement stashes.

You can post WTB ads everywhere and maybe get someone to nibble and cough up a set, but their prices may be too close to the $3100 for your comfort.

Unless you get crazy lucky at a swap meet or the like, a repro set is probably where you'll end up.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:55:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Was at the Big E gun show last year and a "seller" had Colt DOE complete upper for sale who had a tag of $800.00, I offered $750 and he snapped it right out of my hand. I have that and another 11.5" 9mm upper now just laying in the safe. I have my Shrike upper on my Colt M-16A1 for a while now. No rush to sell but get out to those gun shows, you just never know when one might show up. I was not even looking for one.

Good Luck!
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:19:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Was at the Big E gun show last year and a "seller" had Colt DOE complete upper for sale who had a tag of $800.00, I offered $750 and he snapped it right out of my hand. I have that and another 11.5" 9mm upper now just laying in the safe. I have my Shrike upper on my Colt M-16A1 for a while now. No rush to sell but get out to those gun shows, you just never know when one might show up. I was not even looking for one.

Good Luck!
View Quote

I'll give you $850 for it
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:28:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Check the retro forum for sources on replica parts.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:02:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Check the EE. I found a Colt 635 9mm upper for a decent price on the EE back in the spring.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 4:03:29 PM EDT
[#6]
A friend of mine just purchased a real DOE upper for $1,700.  

I wanted one but did not want to spend big bucks so I opted for a repro.  I ended up getting one from LieMohn Mfg. ( www.LiemohnMFG.com ) I went with the treaded barrel version so I can use my 9mm suppressor with it.  I got a used CMMG 9mm ramped bolt, Hahn top load mag block and a ST-9X buffer for a good price off the EE so the whole project end up at about $800.  I took it out to the range and ran three 32 round Metalform mags from CDNN through it and it didn't miss a beat.

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 7:32:29 PM EDT
[#7]
This is a replica barrel, they have an excellent reputation on subguns.com

DOE Barrel kits - now threaded available!

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:15:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Message mtbrass on here.  He might have a source for those.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 1:39:47 AM EDT
[#10]
As sacrilegious as it may sound, I would LOVE to build a QC10 Glock lower with a DOE top and a sig brace.  Anyone want to buy an FAL?  Only thing I can think of at the moment I can ditch to scrounge up cash for this sucker!  Haha!  Seriously though, how neat would one of these suckers be??
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 1:40:21 AM EDT
[#11]
dup
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top