Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/19/2014 6:18:45 AM EDT
how are the sig 22 AR style rifles......i've tried the search but,i never have much luck with the search on this forum but don't see much about them on the other 22 forums either.......

the articles and youtube stuff all seems good.....

thanks   Dick
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 1:14:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a few of them and like them a lot.  They break down like an AR and you can clean the barrel easily.  I made an SBR out of a P522 and it is my favorite .22 rifle now.

I set up another as a .22 copy of a DMR.  Unfortunately my example at least is not particularly accurate but I still like to shoot it as the stock is comfortable.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 3:30:13 PM EDT
[#2]
They are not an AR, they are based off the Sig 55X series rifles.

I had 3l including one from the first run. Besides the minor bolt issue in the first batch (2010) they are fucking awesome. My first one had over 30,000 rounds through it before I rebarreled it and gave it to a cousin. Also had the Hbar and pistol varient and they all worked flawlessly. I could go 1500-2000 rounds before the bolt would start sticking a little bit. They use the Atchison style mags that are readily available. Buy with confidence.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:56:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I had a 20" h-bar for a few years, that was extremely accurate, it had the old style adjustable stock - which I hated. It was too heavy & awkward too use as an AR trainer. As much as I'm anti S&W I drank the 15-22 koolaid and bought the MOE model, light as heck, not quite as accurate as the 552, functions like an AR, have it setup exactly like my CQB rig.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:19:48 PM EDT
[#4]
i have one of the 20 inch target barrel ones and love it. it has never jammed or had a hiccup of any kind. i have had it for about 3 years and it has about 6000 rounds through it. its one of the most reliable 22's i own and i have a quite a few 22's.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:08:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got  a Sig 522 I bought a few years ago.  My experience with it has been great.  I bought 5 of the Mad Dog (?) magazines to go with it..  

As best I can tell, it is pretty much a 22LR version of Sig's 5.56 rifle in the same style.  Sig has 22LR rifles in both the AR style and the more European style shown in one of the photos on this thread.  I think it is the same operation as the 5.56, except the gas blowblack system used on a 5.56 is not used here --could be wrong on that, though.  

Mine has had no problems with any of the ammo I've used.   I've mostly used high velocity CCI minimags, but have used other brands that are more available.  I've been using a red dot, but would like to get with one of the folding sights.  I'd like to get a coupon for a suppressor -- that would be really nice!

Mine didn't come with any optics or an iron sight.  I've got a red dot separately; fold down, co-witnessing iron sights would be really useful.

Hope that helps.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top