Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2014 9:04:04 AM EDT
From what I've read they are a newer company?
They appear to have a new dedicated 9mm lower that would make a good alternative for those who would have wanted a DDLES dedicated 9mm lower.
Anybody have any experience with them?

BTW- their main site is down right now

http://blackcreekprecision.com/bcp-9mm-7075-t6-slim-cut-forged-lower-receiver.html

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:13:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Website is up...
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:19:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Website is up...
View Quote

No, this is their real site I believe

http://www.gpicustomgunworks.com/

I posted that seller so you can see the product, but I think I did see their real site working the other night, and I think they sell from it too.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:03:59 AM EDT
[#3]
For $189, not a bad price.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:11:49 AM EDT
[#4]
CMMG's are $10 cheaper. I'm guessing these are just a tad lighter though.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 12:58:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
CMMG's are $10 cheaper. I'm guessing these are just a tad lighter though.
View Quote

And they look so much better.  As soon as I read some positive reviews, I'm getting one of these to SBR, and taking the block out of my existing SBR lower.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 1:56:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Weeeelllll.... I'm glad I didn't send my check yet... Fuck the CMMG, thats the one I wanna stamp!
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 2:18:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I noticed centerfiresystems stocks some of their lowers but not this one, so it appears they are somewhat established.

There is one for auction on that well known site right now if anyone wants to try to score one for less and let us know how it is!

I agree the reduced magwell size style like this and DDLES look way better, especially if it's gonna be a dedicated 9mm gun anyways. Always thought the 9mm mag sitting in that big looking magwell looked kinda derpy....
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 3:26:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Centerfire is listing it here for $149.99.  Can't find any reviews or much of anything else about it, price is decent though.

ETA:  Oopsies, the receiver linked above is not the slim cut version, my bad.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:59:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks good. I'd like to see some pics with a mag in.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:28:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I think GPI went bankrupt last year and possibly took a few peoples money in the process. Buyer beware.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:28:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Aside from the non integrated trigger guard it looks like a clone of the DDLES Colt pattern lower to me.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:13:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I think GPI went bankrupt last year and possibly took a few peoples money in the process. Buyer beware.
View Quote

They declared bankruptcy in January.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:31:56 PM EDT
[#13]
They need to offer it to accept glock mags at that price point.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:46:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I paid almost that for my Hahn block by itself.  I think it's a great price, just want to make sure it runs before I buy one.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:44:54 AM EDT
[#15]
I asked the seller on gunbroker about the company and they do not seem to want to reply.....

Would really like to know the status of these 9mm lowers and why it seems they dont have much of a history? Maybe the company went under just as they started making these and they are now selling their inventory thu gunbroker and centerfiresystems?
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:53:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Well I was eyeing a quarter circle 10 lower...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 2:07:15 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm happy with my QC10 Glock lower.  They're probably being swamped with orders, since they also have a Colt lower in production.  Keep at it and you'll eventually hit paydirt.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 10:12:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hell yeaaaah
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 10:25:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nothing wrong with colt mag lowers, I actually prefer it b/c I don't like the mags being angled.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 4:34:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Looks good. I'd like to see some pics with a mag in.
View Quote

http://blackcreekprecision.com/rifles/9mm/5-5-9mm-kindness-black-nfa.html

There are plenty of pictures on the website.

This company must not know anything about marketing.  They had an oppurtunity for about a year to gain some 9mm market share and market those lowers on this website while DDLES going through their issues.  I guess they have their own issues.  Their lowers look nice.  QC10 needs some competition and if this company is selling for $100 cheaper they would definetly earn a following if the quality is there.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:07:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Ordered a 9mm lower from Black Creek Precision last night. I don't know anyone who has one and figured I would be the Guinnea pig on this one. They called me this morning stating they never received my FFL fax. Seems my LGS was trying to fax to the wrong number. Looking forward to this and hope the quality is there.
Good communication so far.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:54:22 PM EDT
[#22]
I picked mine up from my FFL yesterday.  Bought it off Gunbroker.  Transaction couldn't have been smoother.  Called in my CC and the lady, Lara, was very nice. Emailed me a receipt within minutes.  Got it in two days.  I like my QC10 better. I like the  integrated trigger guard and the shape of the magwell on the QC10,  but the GPI is finished nice and will make a less expensive build.  I did like that the GPI had a threaded rear take down detent pin hole and that the bolt catch was installed.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:42:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I picked mine up from my FFL yesterday.  Bought it off Gunbroker.  Transaction couldn't have been smoother.  Called in my CC and the lady, Lara, was very nice. Emailed me a receipt within minutes.  Got it in two days.  I like my QC10 better. I like the  integrated trigger guard and the shape of the magwell on the QC10,  but the GPI is finished nice and will make a less expensive build.  I did like that the GPI had a threaded rear take down detent pin hole and that the bolt catch was installed.
View Quote

Sounds good. Get it running and some pics up ASAP!
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 5:33:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Updates?
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 11:42:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Having finished a build with the QC10 Glock lower, found the Black Creek Precision lower and got one for a Colt mag build. Impressed with the receiver, very nice. Looking forward to the build. Then will decide on which system I like better!
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 11:30:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Any updates here??  Like many others here I'm eyeing e QC10 lower but find it hard to cough up +$300 after shipping and FFL transfer.  Would much rather save $100.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 1:19:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Fit and finish on the GPI  lower is excellent. Installed a CMMG parts kits and all works well. I'll be ordering another soon.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 8:20:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Mine is up and running.  I had a problem with bolt catch hold open on last round.  Bolt catch is installed by them.  I took a dremel to the face to get a hair more clearance and it has run like a champ with all of my different mags.  QC10 top GPI bottom.

Link Posted: 12/2/2014 12:44:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Mine is up and running.  I had a problem with bolt catch hold open on last round.  Bolt catch is installed by them.  I took a dremel to the face to get a hair more clearance and it has run like a champ with all of my different mags.  QC10 top GPI bottom.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL24/1165601/2820731/410421350.jpg
View Quote

Nice!  What LPK, bolt and buffer tube did you use on your GPI build?
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 9:44:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, these are a blast to build and shoot.  LPK is PSA ans tube is KAK.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 12:11:08 AM EDT
[#31]
I really want to build one of these very bad but have a list of needs ahead of it for the house. Do. Want.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 10:39:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hate to ask for yet another part.... but what slick side upper are you running?
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 7:41:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aero Precision
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 9:36:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Picked up my BCP lower at Atomic Tactical yesterday.

Pros:

Color and contours are very nice - close match to RRA 9mm upper nicely.

Rear Take-down pin spring and detent hole threaded for 4-40 set screw (included)

Cons:

Last round fails to feed when using ASC and C-Products mags (Metalforms run fine)

Mag well slop with all magazines (side to side and front to back)

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:09:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Pros:
Rear Take-down pin spring and detent hole threaded for 4-40 set screw (included)

Cons:
Last round fails to feed when using ASC and C-Products mags (Metalforms run fine)

View Quote

How much slop are we talking? Just enough to notice or the proverbial hot dogs and hallways?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:07:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Pros:

Cons:

View Quote
ASC and C-Products magazines have a very sharp feed angle, while Metalform magazines have a nearly straight feed angle.  This will cause first round and last round failures in 9mm-specific lowers.

How much slop are you seeing? The magazine should wiggle just a bit, because it needs a little clearance to be able to drop free, and to make inserting the magazine easier.  If it is enough to change the way the feed lips are aligned with the feed ramp, and especially if the movement lets the mag interfere with the bolt, then it's a problem.  Wiggle is OK, but having the bolt stop on the magazine is not.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:40:19 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
How much slop are we talking? Just enough to notice or the proverbial hot dogs and hallways?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pros:

Cons:

FTF last round is incredibly consistant with the ACS / C-Products mags that appears to be caused by the feed angle as mentioned by GHPorter.

The mag slop is much more noticable than with my DDLES lower, and I doubt (but cant say for sure) if the slop has any affect on the feed issue. It does affect which magazine brand and type catch functions witht the lower and magazine brand. Troy and Norgon ambi mag releases do not retain any brand of magazine with any degree of confidence. Standard catches and dedicated Spikes seem to function better (but still minimal contact), but it seems like I need to bend these catches inward for a much more secure catch.  

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:06:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Thanks for the info!  I almost bought one the other day, but figured I'd get some clarification about the mag well first.  I'm really tempted to drop the money on a QC10 Colt lower, whenever they come back in stock again.  However, the $275+ is a bit difficult to justify right now.  I'll probably give it until after Christmas to see if QC10 have more Colt lowers available.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 1:36:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Checking mag well slop versus a factory Colt 6951 is about the same.
I also had a problem with poor magazine catch engagement when using a DPMS mag catch. I swapped the catch from the Colt into the GPI lower and it was fine - nice solid engagement.
The same DPMS mag catch would not work in the Colt lower - so seems this is a mag catch issue, and not a problem with the lowers....

Mick
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 1:45:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Checking mag well slop versus a factory Colt 6951 is about the same.
I also had a problem with poor magazine catch engagement when using a DPMS mag catch. I swapped the catch from the Colt into the GPI lower and it was fine - nice solid engagement.
The same DPMS mag catch would not work in the Colt lower - so seems this is a mag catch issue, and not a problem with the lowers....

Mick
View Quote

Thanks for the update Mick, makes me feel better. I just picked up a slim line on gunbroker for $155, which i thought was a pretty good deal. Also snagged the MAS $99 5.5" barrel. Im pinching pennies all over the place!
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 1:47:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Aside from the non integrated trigger guard it looks like a clone of the DDLES Colt pattern lower to me.
View Quote

Because there are so many original and truly unique designs when it comes to an AR lower.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 7:57:57 PM EDT
[#42]
There are some subtle differences between the GPI and the QC10.  The QC10 is a bit more refined to the eye, but not worth $100 more of my $$$ if I build another..... They both shoot and feed well.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 10:39:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Because there are so many original and truly unique designs when it comes to an AR lower.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not too many with the reduced magwell.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 6:10:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sarcasm didn't come through for you?  There are almost NO real original AR lowers.  The only real originality has been either decorative (like fancy billet lowers) or pistol-caliber-specific lowers.  For "reduced magwell" lowers (pistol-caliber-specific), you have Colt SMG mag types, and Glock magazine types.  Nothing different among those except a few features.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 9:55:28 PM EDT
[#45]
I have a Vltor MUR so naturally I wanted to get the QC since the finishes and lines match up. It's a tossup now.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top