Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2014 9:30:54 PM EDT
My tax stamp arrived! Instead of Christmas as originally thought, my supressor should be in hand in 2 weeks. I cant wait!
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 9:39:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Pending date...
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 11:49:11 AM EDT
[#2]
When was your check cashed?  How did you file?
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 5:20:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I filed through the Silencer Shop using a Trust. It was back on March 2nd. Signed and returned the original Form 4473 just today. Once they mail the required letter to the County Sheriff and verify delivery (thank God they don't have to verify receipt!) they will mail it out.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 6:55:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Got notice that it has been mailed. With any luck it will show up by Monday.

I will have a couple of hosts out and ready.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 6:57:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 8:47:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Got it! Came late this evening...dang UPS made me wait alllll day!

Now I need some advice. I have 2 carbines ready to try. One is a 10/22 with threaded Feddersen barrel. Fit is perfect. The other though I am not sure. It is a TacCom AR22 upper. The threads are sized perfectly BUT they are very long. It bottoms out before squaring up and leaves a few threads exposed. Can I just put a nut on it first so it tightens up correctly or do I have to have that cut off and recrowned?

Appreciate any advice
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 9:51:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Got it! Came late this evening...dang UPS made me wait alllll day!

Now I need some advice. I have 2 carbines ready to try. One is a 10/22 with threaded Feddersen barrel. Fit is perfect. The other though I am not sure. It is a TacCom AR22 upper. The threads are sized perfectly BUT they are very long. It bottoms out before squaring up and leaves a few threads exposed. Can I just put a nut on it first so it tightens up correctly or do I have to have that cut off and recrowned?

Appreciate any advice
View Quote
You'll need a spacer...

Link Posted: 11/3/2014 11:08:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Can I use a nut as a spacer ir just a washer or what?
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 5:39:04 AM EDT
[#9]
http://www.taccom3g.com/spacer---.200-.html

$8, plus shipping. Mine works perfectly w/all 4 of my .22 cans.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 8:14:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Can I use a nut as a spacer ir just a washer or what?
View Quote
Don't use a nut.  The flat sides need to be parallel...

Link Posted: 11/4/2014 3:52:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Well Silencerco are out of stock but I ordered one from Gemtech. They recommended very strongly not to use a washer or anything not designed for it. No sense in risking an off center mount and ruining a brand new suppressor eh?

And since I cant get to the range with both of them I HAD to check it out. A couple of quick rounds into the dirt in the back yard confirms that it works - very well. No first shot pop. Like everyone says about the same as a pellet rifle. I havent measured the db (I actually have a db reader) but I am thinking definitely safe with no hearing protection.

I will test it and make a short report in due time.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 4:48:33 PM EDT
[#12]
My Ruger 10/22 has the flash suppressor.  When removed it looks like this.  That's a lot of threading.

I use a thread protector and it works great.

Link Posted: 11/4/2014 6:15:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Now why didnt I think of that!??

The much shorter thread protector from the 10/22 barrel fits perfectly as a spacer. Oh well... at least I dont have to wait on the mail befire going to the range.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top