Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2014 9:35:16 AM EDT
I have an AR pistol w a brace in 10MM, which I like quite a bit.

I've been thinking about having one made in 460 Rowland - if it was loaded w a slower powder, I think it might produce some nifty results.

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:45:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have an AR pistol w a brace in 10MM, which I like quite a bit.

I've been thinking about having one made in 460 Rowland - if it was loaded w a slower powder, I think it might produce some nifty results.

Any thoughts?
View Quote

I have built more than I can count. They are DI/gas operated so very tame considering the round. My personal is a 7.5" running 185g HPs @ 1600fps. Powerpistol & Longshot are my choice of propelants. With a 16" tube you will be in the 1800fps range.
1250fps & 1400fps respectively with a 230g HP. I need to get it out for a video.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 11:12:57 AM EDT
[#2]
TTT for interest.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:15:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Ron Built a 45 Win Mag for me a couple years ago. I also have a 45 acp that he built.
Both are deadly accurate. I'm very happy with the 2 and took the Win Mag as my Hog Gun
this year.

The 460 Rowland is in between the 2 cartridges I have and a good choice for a build,
especially having Ron do it. The felt recoil will be much less than with a blow back
design. Sight recovery will be very quick. It will be Awesome.

Dave S
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 1:17:33 PM EDT
[#4]
i love the idea! i also think you should post a pic of your 10mm AR pistol
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 1:41:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I have had other requests for the photo of the 10MM - I need to sign up for some hosting service, I suppose.  

Has anyone tried 255 gr. SWC out of their 460s?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:32:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have had other requests for the photo of the 10MM - I need to sign up for some hosting service, I suppose.  

Has anyone tried 255 gr. SWC out of their 460s?
View Quote

Lead 225 SWCs? With the pressures of the 460 I would advise against lead.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top