AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 1:08:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll post unboxing pics this afternoon.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 1:43:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I only take check/MO.  I ship the next business day.  If the run sells out I can add you to the list for the next batch or issue a refund.

Mark McWillis
www.trosusa.com
PO Box 680
Clackamas, OR  97015-0680
View Quote

This last email he sent me kind of bugs me. I can send money but no guarantee I get in this batch... Kind of a lame ordering system..
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 2:34:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This last email he sent me kind of bugs me. I can send money but no guarantee I get in this batch... Kind of a lame ordering system..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I only take check/MO.  I ship the next business day.  If the run sells out I can add you to the list for the next batch or issue a refund.

Mark McWillis

www.trosusa.com

PO Box 680

Yep. This made me go elsewhere. I'm impressed with the patience some of you guys have. You are much better men than me.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 2:43:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Mark McWillis
www.trosusa.com
PO Box 680

I can understand it because he can't hold barrels without payment. And I'm sure there are people who would say they want one and for one reason or another never send payment. So you send payment and purchase if he has one left or just get a refund if you don't want to wait.

Not saying it's ideal but without a live inventory website store I don't see how else one could do it.

Link Posted: 3/23/2015 5:29:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I can understand it because he can't hold barrels without payment. And I'm sure there are people who would say they want one and for one reason or another never send payment. So you send payment and purchase if he has one left or just get a refund if you don't want to wait.

Not saying it's ideal but without a live inventory website store I don't see how else one could do it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mark McWillis
www.trosusa.com
PO Box 680

I totally understand...Im afraid if I send money that it will get there RIGHT when he sells out...I mean paypal would be easier but oh well.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 5:44:05 PM EDT
[#6]

My package was postmarked on the 20th

The finish work is perfect and the barrel face appears to be polished woth no sharp edges. I am looking forward to put this in my sbr today. Luckily my wife was home since it was mailed signature required.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 6:47:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks nice! Sucks that he ships with signature required though. He said that mine shipped the 20th.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:40:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Got it installed!!!
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:59:58 PM EDT
[#9]
That does look good. Thanks for posting the pictures.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 12:10:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Anyone else get their barrels???
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:51:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes.   Got mine two days ago.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 5:39:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Got mine yesterday. The quality looks very good. As soon as my lowers get back from engraving, it's assembly time. The stamps are here.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:10:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s991.photobucket.com/user/hzhardy/media/my%20zombie%20kit/20150323_175250_zpspubpvjs3_edit_1427152073550_zps06zsmnqj.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af33/hzhardy/my%20zombie%20kit/20150323_175250_zpspubpvjs3_edit_1427152073550_zps06zsmnqj.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s991.photobucket.com/user/hzhardy/media/my%20zombie%20kit/20150323_175235_zps0pvogknj.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af33/hzhardy/my%20zombie%20kit/20150323_175235_zps0pvogknj.jpg</a>
Got it installed!!!
View Quote

Finish is nice. How smoothly does your 3 lug mount go onto yours?
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 8:56:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<a href="http://s991.photobucket.com/user/hzhardy/media/my%20zombie%20kit/20150323_175250_zpspubpvjs3_edit_1427152073550_zps06zsmnqj.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af33/hzhardy/my%20zombie%20kit/20150323_175250_zpspubpvjs3_edit_1427152073550_zps06zsmnqj.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s991.photobucket.com/user/hzhardy/media/my%20zombie%20kit/20150323_175235_zps0pvogknj.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af33/hzhardy/my%20zombie%20kit/20150323_175235_zps0pvogknj.jpg</a>
Got it installed!!!

it is tight but smooth. I am contemplating putting a bit of grease on it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:00:50 AM EDT
[#15]
My Tros 3-lug barrel came in on Monday and I finished my build on Tuesday. Did some quick shooting on Wednesday and was having some majorly shit accuracy. I'm running a Mystic with a Gemtech mount and noticed a good bit of wobble. I checked the can when I got home and didn't see any baffle strikes but the can did have a bunch of crap in it, looked like pieces of copper plating. Planning on going in the morning to try sighting in the gun without the can then comparing it with the can on it.

If the mount is the issue I'll probably give Liberty a call tomorrow to get a quote on having them make a new sleeve for it, I think they've done that in the past for customers.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:36:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Went to the range this morning and the accuracy without the can is great. I was only shooting at 25 yards but the gun can definitely put bullet on top of bullet. I was able to clock the can and get the point of impact really close to the point of aim without it.

Also called Liberty Suppressors and their custom shop can make a new inner sleeve for 3-lug adapters for $100. I'll be sending my barrel and adapter in to them the week after next to get one made, I figured between what I've spent on the gun and the can, $100 is not that much for peace of mind.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:38:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for updating. Glad it was better. Will be testing mine this weekend.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 8:45:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Mine ran perfect with a ti rant 45 and at 15 yrds I had a nice tight group. I didnt shoot unsuppressed so I did not see a shift.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:30:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Tried Speer Lawman 115 and 147. Had random stovepipes and failures to feed. Some magazines would be great, some not. Most common issue is it does not want to load the first round on a new magazine when I press the bolt release. It jams the round every time into the top left corner of the barrel extension (and just barely bends out the case lip) esp if first round is on right side of the mag. After clearing it each time it would run the rest of the rounds without issue. I didn't think one of the rounds was bent at the case mouth badly at all so I loaded it into a separate mag, it chambered, fired, but took too hands on the charging handle to eject it. wont be doing that again.

It was 33 degrees out and the first trip with it so may need to get broken in. Or I need to be more particular in how I load the final round.

DDLES lower, 5" Tros, metalform magazines.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 3:19:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Did you just put it together or did it run well with a different barrel? I assembled my DDLES lower / Spikes billet upper with a 16" YHM barrel and CMMG bolt. It runs well with Metalform mags, but it only has about 300-400 rounds through it. I hope it does as well with the Tros barrel.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 3:21:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Mine was just assembled and used for first time today. All parts were new. Bolt is cmmg.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 7:19:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Got 100 ish rounds through it today. Only one failure to feed on a fresh mag. Field stripped, relubed and no issues reliability wise after that. (It was well lubed before first round but frog lube seems to burn off/get gunked up super fast in this rifle). Been using 3 years in ARs and pistols with no issues.

Accuracy was awful today. Point of impact kept shift. I would put in a new mag, first shot was POI=POA but all subsequent shots dropped almost a foot and varied. When the barrel was brand new out of packaging last Tuesday, and using a new octane 9 it was very hard to get the suppressor down on the barrel and engaging the three lug, and took a lot of pulling to get it back off. One orientation was better than the other two though. Finish around the muzzle started to wear off quickly just from trying to get suppressor on and off. This range trip (the second) it seemed to go on easier but the accuracy got worse with each magazine. Currently the suppressor with 3 lug mount has a good amount of wobble in all directions when it is on the barrel.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 9:35:31 PM EDT
[#23]

As someone with multiple TROS products, Mark strikes me as someone who unquestionably has talent but hasn't figured out that he needs someone to run his business for him.  Great products, if you can ever get them.  

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:43:56 PM EDT
[#24]
What are the  wait times on eforms for form 1?  Still about a month?
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:52:05 PM EDT
[#25]
I am still waiting on mine from this most recent batch...
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:32:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
What are the  wait times on eforms for form 1?  Still about a month?
View Quote

Looking at nfatracker.com (data quality is not the greatest), eform 1 for Trusts and LLC/Corps was running just North of 30 days, but since the start of 2015, it has been trending upwards towards 50 days.  If your check was cashed in March, it will probably be 40 - 60 days based on this trend.  But who knows?  Paper Form 4 for Trusts and LLC/Corps have been coming down dramatically and now is trending at around 80 days.  I would say that the NFA folks are doing better as far as approval time, but for some of these classes of weapons (like SBR's and suppressors IMHO), I wonder if they should be regulated at all?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:33:15 AM EDT
[#27]
double post, sorry
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:59:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Mine came today.  It's at the post office till tomorrow. Ordered and mail check 3/24.  6 day turn around.  I'm impressed.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 1:25:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Glad I was able to catch these barrels while TROS had them "in-stock":

Link Posted: 4/4/2015 4:50:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Thats really nice. What is the three lug attachment in the first two photos?
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 5:58:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Thats really nice. What is the three lug attachment in the first two photos?
View Quote

Its a 3-Lug flash hider...also spring loaded...kinda pricey..but WTH...freakin build was pricey:  http://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/B-T-HK-MP5-3-LUG-5-PRONG-FLASH-HIDER-128p3250.htm
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top