Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2014 12:01:25 PM EDT
I've put together a small glock frame from QC10.    JP ramped bolt.    Spikes heavy buffer.  Normal AR spring.    4.5 inch adco barrel.   suppressed with Octane 45

First time run this past weekend.   I noticed intemittantly that a bullet would not chamber and get stuck.   I used 147 grain American Eagle flat tipped.    Could the flat tip be the issue?   What would cause the round not to chamber?  I'm just looking for ideas I can check out.   If I got heavy on the trigger, I guess it happened more or I just accelerated the probability of it happening.  

I cerakoted the upper....and I think it's well lubed.   Does it just need to break in?  I ran about 40 rounds through it the past weekend and about 3-4 times a round wouldn't chamber and get lodged in upwards.

If there's any other info, you need, please let me know.   Magazine is the 33 round glock brand.  It seems to eject fine.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:56:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Double check that the bolt is not hanging up on the magazines feed lips. I have had my bolt get stuck on new mags before and had to file down the offending feed lip a little to get it to cycle. Mine does not like most flat tip or HP ammo either. Lawman will function  TMJ flat tip for me but nothing else in that shape will.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:55:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll check...and I figure I'll have to try different ammo
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 7:05:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I run flat tipped bullets regularly in my DDLES 40 S&W, only thing I've ran in my 9MM upper is the round nose 147. Can you get a different mag to try? I have the JP bolt & and ADCO barrel in my 9 upper & they work flawlessly ( I've only used round nose though).
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:43:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I only purchased two glock 33 mags.  I can try or pickup a 17.   I'll have to see if the round is any better.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top