Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2014 4:20:33 PM EDT
OK, I have a JAC .22 kit for the AR. The plate in the back is meant to butt up against the buffer tube in an AR. In the SCR, the plate can not clear the stock, as it slopes inward to accept the recoil link on the BCG. If I remove metal/bevel the plate as shown by the blue line, it will fit and it will work. However, I am concerned that this could be unsafe - if I don't do it exactly right there COULD be some up/down wiggle MAYBE. Since the .22 is not gas operated and does not recoil against the buffer (it has it's own recoil spring and the BCG rides on the two rails shown, which are not attached in the affected area, asking for opinions if this can be done safely. Don't really care if the kit is ruined, have only used it twice in 20 years, but the SCR appears to be really really ready to be a .22!

Image posted in this thread in NYF:

http://nyfirearms.com/forums/ar-15/84837-modify-ciener-kit-work-ares-scr.html
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 1:32:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
OK, I have a JAC .22 kit for the AR. The plate in the back is meant to butt up against the buffer tube in an AR. In the SCR, the plate can not clear the stock, as it slopes inward to accept the recoil link on the BCG. If I remove metal/bevel the plate as shown by the blue line, it will fit and it will work. However, I am concerned that this could be unsafe - if I don't do it exactly right there COULD be some up/down wiggle MAYBE. Since the .22 is not gas operated and does not recoil against the buffer (it has it's own recoil spring and the BCG rides on the two rails shown, which are not attached in the affected area, asking for opinions if this can be done safely. Don't really care if the kit is ruined, have only used it twice in 20 years, but the SCR appears to be really really ready to be a .22!

Image posted in this thread in NYF:

http://nyfirearms.com/forums/ar-15/84837-modify-ciener-kit-work-ares-scr.html
View Quote

No one can see the pic unless they're a forum member there, and logged in - you'll need to host it somewhere like photobucket and post a picture link here if you want people to be able to see it.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top