Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/31/2014 8:43:41 AM EDT
I'm building a dedicated 22 upper. I purchased a Taccom 4" barrel and Bolt. After install I went to try it out and it wouldn't feed, as in the round was getting jammed at an angle. I followed the polishing the feed ramp and chamber found in the "Important Rimfire Threads" and this made it so the round will get this far. Continued polishing does not help.

Yes there is a round in there, I just realized the extractor made it so you cannot see it.

Something else I noticed was that when putting the bolt in the upper receiver it did this:

Notice when looking at it from the rear it is not centered:
[/URL

I have tried different ammo, and charging handles. I have oiled the bolt and charging handle to reduce friction.
Other components:
DSG upper
Charging handles: Standard(from a S&W), Raptor, and BCM Gunfighter
Larue rail/barrel nut
Does have Taccoms plug in the buffer
Geissele S3G
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:20:56 AM EDT
[#1]
It will likely protrude like that without the rifle assembled.. You can push it in flush with your fingers with little effort right?  It should go in flush as the upper is closed or with light finger pressure before closing it all up..My CMMG Bolt will usually ride rearward a little when the upper is removed.

As long as there is no binding and the bolt goes all the way forward into the upper receiver with little effort from your fingers. That is likely not a problem. What mags are you using. Do you have different ones to try?
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:31:01 AM EDT
[#2]
What ammo are you using?

I discovered that CCI Stingers are a little longer than other .22 and would not feed in my Taccom build.

It ate everything else gleefully

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:32:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It will likely protrude like that without the rifle assembled.. You can push it in flush with your fingers with little effort right?  It should go in flush as the upper is closed or with light finger pressure before closing it all up..My CMMG Bolt will usually ride rearward a little when the upper is removed.

As long as there is no binding and the bolt goes all the way forward into the upper receiver with little effort from your fingers. That is likely not a problem. What mags are you using. Do you have different ones to try?
View Quote

The bolt will go in, just needs pushed to the side, makes me wonder if the bolt is binding up?

BDM mags Nylon feed lip, only have the one at the moment.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:36:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What ammo are you using?

I discovered that CCI Stingers are a little longer than other .22 and would not feed in my Taccom build.

It ate everything else gleefully

View Quote

I have tried both CCI Mini mags and Remingtong "Golden Bullet"
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:42:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Just completely disassembled two uppers to put this on a different upper receiver, same thing happens.
So I can eliminate the upper receiver, as well as the charging handle(held the bolt back with and put the charging handle all of the way forward, then released the bolt).
I also polished the feed ramp and chamber even more. No dice

Post 556
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top