AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 9:18:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I believe that upper is coming back to us so we can get a new extractor in and correct any issues he is having.

We do not support the S&W 15/22 magazines, so you will be on your own for that part.......we will get it to run with BDM's

TRANSAM.......you still having issues?

tim

View Quote

I am running BDMs
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 2:30:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I believe that upper is coming back to us so we can get a new extractor in and correct any issues he is having.

We do not support the S&W 15/22 magazines, so you will be on your own for that part.......we will get it to run with BDM's

TRANSAM.......you still having issues?

tim

View Quote

Yes and looks to be exactly the same thing Andrew and gerkyn are experiencing. I haven't been able to see that it's dragging on the feed lips or anything else for that matter after I filed down the top of the hammer a bit.
It will go into full battery every time when racking it by hand with no mag.
That "step" in the collar to the barrel is exactly what I'd wondered was part of the feeding issue. It seems it's too drastic of an entry and the rounds bind up when feeding.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 2:33:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Mine that I received today in the mail is not fully going into battery as well.  I used a small punch to lightly push the bolt forward into battery and after doing this it will fire, then the next round stops in the same place.  It seems as if the chamber might be to tight.  With no mag/ammo in place letting the charging handle fly it will go into battery just fine. Tried several black dog mags with cci minimag, and federal bulk pack.  My Nordic upper doesn't like Remington gold hp's, but I might try it next.  I will be calling on monday to see what they come up with.  It might have been a bad batch.  

EDIT: Did some more looking into this.  Round drops into chamber freely.  Tried a 10rd black dog polymer ramps same result as metal. Tried better mag adapter and S&W mag would not push round from mag, not enough spring power.  Tried different charging handle, same result...  Still messing with it,  need to try a different lower next.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Got the new mag. Feeds MAYBE 10% better. Still doesn't feed properly, most of the time the bolt doesn't go into full battery with seems to be the biggest issue. When I can get it to feed correctly I can get a short string of rounds to fire. I got 3 in a row out of one mag.
I don't know what else to do.

I am in the exact same boat with the feeding issue, less than pleased. Bad batch possibly? When did you order your Taccom kit?

Mine that I received today in the mail is not fully going into battery as well.  I used a small punch to lightly push the bolt forward into battery and after doing this it will fire, then the next round stops in the same place.  It seems as if the chamber might be to tight.  With no mag/ammo in place letting the charging handle fly it will go into battery just fine. Tried several black dog mags with cci minimag, and federal bulk pack.  My Nordic upper doesn't like Remington gold hp's, but I might try it next.  I will be calling on monday to see what they come up with.  It might have been a bad batch.  

EDIT: Did some more looking into this.  Round drops into chamber freely.  Tried a 10rd black dog polymer ramps same result as metal. Tried better mag adapter and S&W mag would not push round from mag, not enough spring power.  Tried different charging handle, same result...  Still messing with it,  need to try a different lower next.

Same exact thing here
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 8:46:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Same exact thing here
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Got the new mag. Feeds MAYBE 10% better. Still doesn't feed properly, most of the time the bolt doesn't go into full battery with seems to be the biggest issue. When I can get it to feed correctly I can get a short string of rounds to fire. I got 3 in a row out of one mag.

I am in the exact same boat with the feeding issue, less than pleased. Bad batch possibly? When did you order your Taccom kit?

Same exact thing here

And here.same exact problem as everyone else. Never did get it to run worth a damn.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 11:18:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

And here.same exact problem as everyone else. Never did get it to run worth a damn.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same exact thing here

Ugh definitely don't wanna hear that lol
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 9:51:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Guys......this is really bothering me as well....super frustrating.

Trans.....lets get that back up here......I know I had it running when you sent it back to.....let's see it again. If you need a call tag, we'll get you one on Monday or Tuesday.

The rest of you guys......if it's not working, contact us.....we like to think we have great customer service....and stand behind the product. We'll get it running right, we've built hundreds of these things....never had the rash of things happening that's going on here. However, that doesn't mean there is'nt a problem....there must be.

Get a hold of me......let's get it right.

Regards'
Tim
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:06:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Guys......this is really bothering me as well....super frustrating.

Trans.....lets get that back up here......I know I had it running when you sent it back to.....let's see it again. If you need a call tag, we'll get you one on Monday or Tuesday.

The rest of you guys......if it's not working, contact us.....we like to think we have great customer service....and stand behind the product. We'll get it running right, we've built hundreds of these things....never had the rash of things happening that's going on here. However, that doesn't mean there is'nt a problem....there must be.

Get a hold of me......let's get it right.

Regards'
Tim
View Quote

I guess I will have to send it back again. I've tried everything but I've essentially got a single shot AR for the time being.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:49:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Are you using a CMMG collar with a Taccom barrel?
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:34:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Are you using a CMMG collar with a Taccom barrel?
View Quote

No but I had wondered if that would do any better/worse
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:35:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine is on the way back to Tim, mailed it today. Will post back once it has returned
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 6:34:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Tim fits the collar to the barrel. All my Taccom collars have a smooth transition to the barrel chamber.

Dave N
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top