Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/29/2014 1:13:47 PM EDT
This thing is frustrating the hell out of me. Wouldn't feed properly, won't fire for me period. Sent the upper back to taccom and they replaced the firing pin and sharpened it and said it worked fine for them. I get it back and it's doing the exact same thing. Doesn't feed for shit and just will not fire. Went and got some cci and some Blazer 22 to make sure it wasn't the bulk brick ammo I've been trying in it. Same result.
I've tried it on 3 different lowers with milspec fcg's and Cmc triggers. Same result. I've only got the one black dog mag for now but it was supposedly the better one with metal feed lips etc.
This was supposed to be a fun plinker for the wife but has turned into nothing but a headache and frustration.

Any ideas/advice?
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:10:44 PM EDT
[#1]
PICs!!!

It could be a myriad of issues. Get us some good pics of the inside of the lower and upper and a few of the bolt.

Right off hand I would check:

• Protrusion of firing pin through bolt (spring used?)

• Press fit of bolt to barrel

• Rear of bolt play against buffer or .22LR plug device

• Alignment of bolt to bolt rails

• Rear of main bolt spring

• CH/bolt/upper fitment

• Using correct bolt adapter?

I could go on and on. Pics needed...
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:22:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Pic would help.  Both of feeding issues and the FCG inside the lower.  

MAHA
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:47:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes....we had it back here.....got it running great. I been using my JP lower, CCI blazer, federal match (Even some Remington).

We use BDM's....with the nylon feed lips........I really do think they are better than the steel ones.

Only thing I can say is to send it in again......I'll try some different brands, see if we can get not to run

Tim

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 6:01:04 PM EDT
[#4]
It's an Anderson lower with Anderson lpk (but have tried it on 3 other lowers, one with cmmg lpk, one with an unknown milspec lpk and one with Cmc trigger, same result with all of them) Taccom bcg, upper and barrel. Taccom pressure plug as well.

I only have the one mag at the moment but was under the impression the steel feed lips were supposed to be superior. I could order a new mag but I'm skeptical of the mag causing ALL the issues.

Will take some pics now
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 6:20:05 PM EDT
[#5]

This is how the majority of rounds load. Every now and then it'll load properly and go into full battery but still no firing. That issue I could see being mag related and I had thought maybe the light primer strikes were the fcg but after trying it on other lowers and knowing taccom had success with a 3.5 lb trigger, I'm still stumped.

Firing pin protrusion

Cmmg 22 ch
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 8:02:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Is the bolt dragging on the bolt catch?
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 9:29:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Your hammer is hitting the Recoil tube on the 22 Bolt.  You can see the wear marks in the photos, on top of the hammer and on the bottom of the recoil tube.  This will cause the hammer not to hit the firing pin will full force so it wont fire.  

From the photos it looks like something has hit the bottom on the bolt moving some metal, you can see it in the photo where you are holding the bolt back and showing the Firing Pin.  Check that and see if it is causeing drag, this would cause the chambering issues.

I also think your hammer spring installed backwards.  The legs should come up from the bottom and in the photo the look like they are on  top if the Hammer Pin, it might just be the photo.  

MAHA

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
<a href="http://s.photobucket.com/user/02blackws679ta/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140829_170407_zps4c1f7gtb.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/02blackws679ta/Mobile%20Uploads/20140829_170407_zps4c1f7gtb.jpg</a>
This is how the majority of rounds load. Every now and then it'll load properly and go into full battery but still no firing. That issue I could see being mag related and I had thought maybe the light primer strikes were the fcg but after trying it on other lowers and knowing taccom had success with a 3.5 lb trigger, I'm still stumped.
<a href="http://s.photobucket.com/user/02blackws679ta/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140829_170604_zps8abpnkfo.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/02blackws679ta/Mobile%20Uploads/20140829_170604_zps8abpnkfo.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s.photobucket.com/user/02blackws679ta/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140829_170615_zpsphryoa8s.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/02blackws679ta/Mobile%20Uploads/20140829_170615_zpsphryoa8s.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s.photobucket.com/user/02blackws679ta/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140829_170640_zpsb3lx3nct.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/02blackws679ta/Mobile%20Uploads/20140829_170640_zpsb3lx3nct.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s.photobucket.com/user/02blackws679ta/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140829_170724_zpsishomg1m.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/02blackws679ta/Mobile%20Uploads/20140829_170724_zpsishomg1m.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s.photobucket.com/user/02blackws679ta/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140829_171501_zps4wl49mca.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/02blackws679ta/Mobile%20Uploads/20140829_171501_zps4wl49mca.jpg</a>
Firing pin protrusion
<a href="http://s.photobucket.com/user/02blackws679ta/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140829_171532_zpsuwe7f80m.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/02blackws679ta/Mobile%20Uploads/20140829_171532_zpsuwe7f80m.jpg</a>
Cmmg 22 ch
<a href="http://s.photobucket.com/user/02blackws679ta/media/20140829_171720_zpsms4cmuh6.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/02blackws679ta/20140829_171720_zpsms4cmuh6.jpg</a>
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:17:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Didn't catch the hammer and the tube but you are correct MAHA.
Set up doesn't have a chance to work correctly as is.

Dave N
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:19:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Can't believe I didn't see that. Bought the lower already built and didn't even notice the springs.
I was wondering about it dragging but can't believe I don't have one lower that wouldn't have that issue. What would be the best remedy for that? Taking a file to some parts?
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:46:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Told you pics would help!

And yes, you hammer spring is backwards. I'm thinking you may need to purchase another magazine as that is the only constant against all testing that has resulted in failure.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:49:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Can't believe I didn't see that. Bought the lower already built and didn't even notice the springs.

I was wondering about it dragging but can't believe I don't have one lower that wouldn't have that issue. What would be the best remedy for that? Taking a file to some parts?
View Quote

So you bought the lower that just happened to match the upper? If you had the lower coated/painted the hammer spring was installed incorrectly at reassembly.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 11:19:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Take your other lowers and color the top of the hammer with a sharpie, fire it a couple of time and look for the sharpie rubbing off. See if it is just that lower or an upper issue.

MAHA
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 11:33:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

So you bought the lower that just happened to match the upper? If you had the lower coated/painted the hammer spring was installed incorrectly at reassembly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The lower was bought from and coated by the same person. I never saw the receiver before it was coated or assembled.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:51:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The lower was bought from and coated by the same person. I never saw the receiver before it was coated or assembled.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So that hammer is taller than a standard hammer, and just a touch too tall to work properly with the 22 conversion frame assembly.  

You'll need to take a file or grinder to the top of the hammer, just a few thousandths, until it clears the conversion tube, or replace it with a standard hammer that clears the conversion tube.

Backwards hammer spring, as mentioned already, isn't going to help you get reliable ignition, but is not the major source of your failures to fire - that source being the too-tall hammer.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 9:13:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Good call!!!......didn't see that!!!

Another thing I notice in one of the pics......why is that firing pin sticking out? If I remember correctly, when you sent the upper to us, there was no spring return on the firing pin. I put one in......did you take it out again? If so....put it back in.

Tim
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 10:53:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Hammer spring!
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 2:31:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Good call!!!......didn't see that!!!

Another thing I notice in one of the pics......why is that firing pin sticking out? If I remember correctly, when you sent the upper to us, there was no spring return on the firing pin. I put one in......did you take it out again? If so....put it back in.

Tim
View Quote

I was pushing on it so they could see how far it protruded.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 3:54:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Took enough material off the hammer that it's not dragging anymore that I can tell. Put some sharpie on the portion where it was dragging until I couldn't get any transfer between the two. Still hit or miss with feeding and still no fire. Going to fix the hammer spring if I can find a punch set here (not at home currently) and see if that'll fix the firing issue.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 4:30:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Hammer spring was definitely the culprit for light strikes. Feel kind of dumb that I didn't even check that from the start but assumed the guy that did the coating and assembly was competent. This is a perfect example of why I normally do all my own work.

Now if I can get it to feed reliably I think I'll finally be content with this thing. Ran about 15 rounds through it but 3 or 4 were malfunctions that had to be cleared. The first round usually jams up but if I manually load it and then load the mag it'll run through them for the most part.
Guess I'll order a different mag and see what happens.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 4:58:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks for the extra sets of eyes and suggestions
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 6:36:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Get another magazine...contrary to popular belief, the nylon feed lipped magazines are better than the steel lipped mags. For the x form
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 7:42:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Get another magazine...contrary to popular belief, the nylon feed lipped magazines are better than the steel lipped mags. For the x form
View Quote

Ordered one earlier. Hopefully it feeds better.
Thanks again for the help.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 9:31:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Contact BDM about the steel feed lip mag. They have excellent customer service.
They also had some mags that I believe had follower issues.

Dave N
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 11:26:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Contact BDM about the steel feed lip mag. They have excellent customer service.
They also had some mags that I believe had follower issues.

Dave N
View Quote

Emailed them last weekend but haven't heard anything.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 7:07:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Got the new mag. Feeds MAYBE 10% better. Still doesn't feed properly, most of the time the bolt doesn't go into full battery with seems to be the biggest issue. When I can get it to feed correctly I can get a short string of rounds to fire. I got 3 in a row out of one mag.
I don't know what else to do.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 7:36:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Got the new mag. Feeds MAYBE 10% better. Still doesn't feed properly, most of the time the bolt doesn't go into full battery with seems to be the biggest issue. When I can get it to feed correctly I can get a short string of rounds to fire. I got 3 in a row out of one mag.
View Quote

I am in the exact same boat with the feeding issue, less than pleased. Bad batch possibly? When did you order your Taccom kit?
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 8:43:11 PM EDT
[#27]
I mentioned it earlier.

From the photos it looks like something has hit the bottom on the bolt moving some metal, you can see it in the photo where you are holding the bolt back and showing the Firing Pin. Check that and see if it is causeing drag, this would cause the chambering issues.

If this isnt it .  Look in the recoil tube it self.  Tell us what it looks like.

MAHA
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 8:50:03 PM EDT
[#28]
MAHA,  What do you mean by recoil tube?  The tube on the top of the bolt that the spring rides inside?

I have one of these too that I haven't had much time to shoot so I am following this discussion with interest.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 8:51:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
MAHA,  What do you mean by recoil tube?  The tube on the top of the bolt that the spring rides inside?

I have one of these too that I haven't had much time to shoot so I am following this discussion with interest.  
View Quote

Yup that is what I am talking about.

MAHA
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 8:52:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup that is what I am talking about.

MAHA
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 9:36:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I mentioned it earlier.

From the photos it looks like something has hit the bottom on the bolt moving some metal, you can see it in the photo where you are holding the bolt back and showing the Firing Pin. Check that and see if it is causeing drag, this would cause the chambering issues.

If this isnt it .  Look in the recoil tube it self.  Tell us what it looks like.

MAHA
View Quote

Just looked at my recoil tube, thing has so many ridges inside it's almost threaded.
I also used a marker to mark multiple points across the bottom of the bolt. The only ones that were affected were the section which pushes the hammer back(which was cocked the entire time) and the bottom of the bolt where it rubbed the magazine follower. I also marked the top of the bolt catch and it was unaffected.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 9:43:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I mentioned it earlier.

MAHA
View Quote

Yes, I mentioned I took enough material off of the hammer that it's not dragging anymore. Nothing is dragging anymore as far as I can tell. The recoil tube looks normal inside.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 9:48:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Well maybe not, shining a light through it, it does look to have a lot of ridges as well.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 10:33:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yes, I mentioned I took enough material off of the hammer that it's not dragging anymore. Nothing is dragging anymore as far as I can tell. The recoil tube looks normal inside.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I mentioned it earlier.
MAHA

This is what I was asking about.  It looks like something hit it or was dropped.  Possibly moving metal.

MAHA
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 12:32:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Make sure your charging is in good shape and not bent
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 4:53:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s87.photobucket.com/user/Mahamotorworks/media/22issues.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k158/Mahamotorworks/22issues.jpg</a>

This is what I was asking about.  It looks like something hit it or was dropped.  Possibly moving metal.

MAHA
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I mentioned it earlier.
MAHA

<a href="http://s87.photobucket.com/user/Mahamotorworks/media/22issues.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k158/Mahamotorworks/22issues.jpg</a>

MAHA

That's just a notch in the bolt. It was there from the manufacturer so I figured it was supposed to be.

Better pic
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 4:56:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Make sure your charging is in good shape and not bent
View Quote

Its the cmmg 22 ch and looks to be in perfect shape.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 4:57:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Again I really appreciate all the help and suggestions. Hopefully with Y'all's help I can get this thing running properly.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 6:02:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
That's just a notch in the bolt. It was there from the manufacturer so I figured it was supposed to be.
View Quote

That's the clearance cut for removing and installing the extractor pin.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 12:18:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Just out of curiosity have you used a standard aluminum charging handle.  With finish applied to the upper you can see drag marks from the charging handle.  With the way the underside of the plastic charging handle is not relieved I wonder if the bolt could be dragging on the charging handle.  Swapping charging handles would eliminate one component.  It does not take very much drag to impede functioning.  

You did correctly install the hammer spring?  Are the mag feed lips dragging on the bottom of the bolt.  I'd probably try marking the feed lips or the bottom of the bolt with ink.  The mag catch might be allowing the seated mag to ride to high.  A few thousandths here or there can be very frustrating and difficult to find, but that's all it takes to cause functioning problems.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 3:52:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Just out of curiosity have you used a standard aluminum charging handle.  With finish applied to the upper you can see drag marks from the charging handle.  With the way the underside of the plastic charging handle is not relieved I wonder if the bolt could be dragging on the charging handle.  Swapping charging handles would eliminate one component.  It does not take very much drag to impede functioning.  

You did correctly install the hammer spring?  Are the mag feed lips dragging on the bottom of the bolt.  I'd probably try marking the feed lips or the bottom of the bolt with ink.  The mag catch might be allowing the seated mag to ride to high.  A few thousandths here or there can be very frustrating and difficult to find, but that's all it takes to cause functioning problems.
View Quote

I will try a standard ch when I get home. I have a Bcm that's actually coated for this build but had already ordered the 22 ch so I figured I'd run the Bcm in another build.

Yes I reinstalled the hammer spring correctly which was the first time I actually got the damn thing to fire. It wasn't even close to enough force with it on there backwards.

I couldn't see that the feed lips were dragging which was my first thought after it still wasn't running right but I will use a sharpie like I did on the hammer and see if it is making contact.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 5:48:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I am in the exact same boat with the feeding issue, less than pleased. Bad batch possibly? When did you order your Taccom kit?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine that I received today in the mail is not fully going into battery as well.  I used a small punch to lightly push the bolt forward into battery and after doing this it will fire, then the next round stops in the same place.  It seems as if the chamber might be to tight.  With no mag/ammo in place letting the charging handle fly it will go into battery just fine. Tried several black dog mags with cci minimag, and federal bulk pack.  My Nordic upper doesn't like Remington gold hp's, but I might try it next.  I will be calling on monday to see what they come up with.  It might have been a bad batch.  

EDIT: Did some more looking into this.  Round drops into chamber freely.  Tried a 10rd black dog polymer ramps same result as metal. Tried better mag adapter and S&W mag would not push round from mag, not enough spring power.  Tried different charging handle, same result...  Still messing with it,  need to try a different lower next.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 1:04:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Mine that I received today in the mail is not fully going into battery as well.  I used a small punch to lightly push the bolt forward into battery and after doing this it will fire, then the next round stops in the same place.  It seems as if the chamber might be to tight.  With no mag/ammo in place letting the charging handle fly it will go into battery just fine. Tried several black dog mags with cci minimag, and federal bulk pack.  My Nordic upper doesn't like Remington gold hp's, but I might try it next.  I will be calling on monday to see what they come up with.  It might have been a bad batch.  

EDIT: Did some more looking into this.  Round drops into chamber freely.  Tried a 10rd black dog polymer ramps same result as metal. Tried better mag adapter and S&W mag would not push round from mag, not enough spring power.  Tried different charging handle, same result...  Still messing with it,  need to try a different lower next.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have swapped:
Lowers
Charging handles(3 different ones)
Mags(BDM and S&W)
Ammo (Remington and CCI)
Stripped uppers

The feed ramp is nearly a mirror.
I cycled the action by hand several hundred times today to see if the parts would "wear in" some, to no avail.
I put marker on the bottom of the bolt to see if it was rubbing and all I see is where it resets the hammer.

Tomorrow I will take a dial caliper and measure the chamber, but rounds do freely drop into mine as well. I almost wonder if the barrel and the bolt are not lining up properly, causing the round to try to stay at a slight angle, thus causing it to bind?

I also noticed when installing the bolt it doesn't slide in all the way. It can easily be made to go in but it sits like this:

Maybe the bolt is binding?
I have never had a build give me as much trouble as this one, actually the rest of them combined haven't given me this much trouble
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 3:34:21 AM EDT
[#44]
I had the same problem with mine on feeding. Would hang half way up when feeding the round and you had to push the bolt forward manually. When dropped straight in, the rounds were free and easy going in and out but not when coming from a magazine. I wound up taking the upper off and using a .22 brass cleaning brush on a cleaning rod chucked up in a battery drill to polish the chamber area and back into the feed ramp area of the barrel collar. After doing this it all feeds and cycles reliably now.

may be worth looking into
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 6:16:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I had the same problem with mine on feeding. Would hang half way up when feeding the round and you had to push the bolt forward manually. When dropped straight in, the rounds were free and easy going in and out but not when coming from a magazine. I wound up taking the upper off and using a .22 brass cleaning brush on a cleaning rod chucked up in a battery drill to polish the chamber area and back into the feed ramp area of the barrel collar. After doing this it all feeds and cycles reliably now.

may be worth looking into
View Quote

Thanks for posting that up.  I think it is a binding/feeding issue.  I tried your brass cleaning brush idea, and made it thru half a mag.  Then tried another mag, and still had to push it forward.  Then after 2 rds of next mag and maybe 75 to 80 rds total. I have been checking every round to make sure the bolt is all the way foward, and notice the ejector has come off.   Me and my 7 yr old son have searched the grass for over an hour on our knees and I am taking a break before I lose something else  
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 6:27:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

a few suggestions:
no magazine in place, chamber empty. pull back & pause/hold the chg-handle.  do quick-as-you-can release, does bolt snap into battery, every time, doing above 4-6 times? have you inspected the rod that the recoil spring rides, is it very smooth? any perceptible kinks/oddities about the recoil spring? I'm suspicious that the bolt doesn't go into battery with no mag, it indicates to me that something is rubbing along the path of travel. that may be the guide slots, guide ribs, possible dirt inside the tube the spring/rod fits in? yes, you have a chrome plated/titanium/etc plated bolt, which should be especially friction-free, but something is dragging on the bolt, it looks like, and must be addressed somehow.
 as others have noted, pic's of upper in a failed state could help further diagnosis.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 10:26:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

a few suggestions:
no magazine in place, chamber empty. pull back & pause/hold the chg-handle.  do quick-as-you-can release, does bolt snap into battery, every time, doing above 4-6 times? have you inspected the rod that the recoil spring rides, is it very smooth? any perceptible kinks/oddities about the recoil spring? I'm suspicious that the bolt doesn't go into battery with no mag, it indicates to me that something is rubbing along the path of travel. that may be the guide slots, guide ribs, possible dirt inside the tube the spring/rod fits in? yes, you have a chrome plated/titanium/etc plated bolt, which should be especially friction-free, but something is dragging on the bolt, it looks like, and must be addressed somehow.
 as others have noted, pic's of upper in a failed state could help further diagnosis.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

a few suggestions:

OP had a photo of his as the bolt failed to go into battery. Mine is doing the exact same thing. I have it now where it's slightly better, but still not in battery.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:21:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

OP had a photo of his as the bolt failed to go into battery. Mine is doing the exact same thing. I have it now where it's slightly better, but still not in battery.
<a href="http://s647.photobucket.com/user/dlxle/media/IMG_20140831_121712_503_zps75a68945.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu196/dlxle/IMG_20140831_121712_503_zps75a68945.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

a few suggestions:

<a href="http://s647.photobucket.com/user/dlxle/media/IMG_20140831_121712_503_zps75a68945.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu196/dlxle/IMG_20140831_121712_503_zps75a68945.jpg</a>

Yep looks just like mine...  I also noticed when pulling the rounds back out a spot of the lead is shiny, like the bottom of bullet is rubbing/scrapping while traveling into the chamber.  And that is with the bolt in the same position you posted, aka the round has even been fully chambered. My collar/ramp stops 1/32-1/16" shy of the chamber and I wonder if there should be a very slight/mild chamfer to make the transition from the ramp to the chamber smoother (looks like a ledge the nose of the bullet would have to jump up over) and since they are 2 separate pieces to compensate for any movement of the collar not being and interference fit.  

edited with some pics

SBR 4.5" with suppressor "single shot"

View of "step" between ramp and chamber (pic after using brass .22 cleaning brush in cordless drill which could of "broken/smoothed edge" which started to feed better for 10rds then back to normal misfeeds, then ejector pin came up allowing ejector to come out and is forever lost)

.22 round after letting the handle fly and bolt not closed by .25-.375"

And here is a pic of my nordic upper showing ramp to chamber transition

Pics from CMMG/google search showing ramp to chamber transition

Thoughts???  Could be a bad batch of ramp collars, or barrel chamfers???

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:17:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Thoughts???  Could be a bad batch of ramp collars, or barrel chamfers???
View Quote

None of my chamber adapters has a step between the ramp and the chamber.  I can't think of a good reason for a collar to present such.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 11:06:15 AM EDT
[#50]
I believe that upper is coming back to us so we can get a new extractor in and correct any issues he is having.

We do not support the S&W 15/22 magazines, so you will be on your own for that part.......we will get it to run with BDM's

TRANSAM.......you still having issues?

tim

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top