View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just Sent to me

QuarterCircle10 Glock Small Frame

Those look very nice.

Any speculation on  price?

They're about the same as the DDLES lowers were price wise. $275.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:54:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have been told that the logo has been moved to the bottom of the trigger guard.  I will see if I can get a picture next week.
View Quote

That's good.  It may look silly between the trigger pins like that with KNS pins covered half.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 11:52:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

JP has a 9mm bolt that comes cut for Glock mags. Picked mine up from them for $250.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looking forward to seeing these on sale.

Anyone have a line on Glock-cut 9mm bolts?

JP has a 9mm bolt that comes cut for Glock mags. Picked mine up from them for $250.

This! You can get it for $238 from Brownells, that's where I got mine.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:01:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Small frame lowers are here

23 available as of this post

$275 plus ship.

They also have some barrels.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:16:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Noobish ?, but here goes. As far as a 45 bolt for the Glock/Kriss mags, where would you get one? I have done a little digging but not finding anything.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 4:26:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Pretty much the solution is to go with a DI upper...the only production 45 blowback upper I know of is an Olympic Arms and they are incompatable with the Quartercircle10 lower. The will run...but you'll have to remove the ejector and last round bolt hold open from the lower as the Olympic ejector interferes with both.
The best option in my humble opinion is a DI upper
Send me an email if you'd like more information.
here is a pic of one I built for myself............

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 6:02:03 PM EDT
[#7]
MMMM MMMMM that's sexy!!!! Mad-Machinist, Thank you so much for the info, I'll drop you a line shortly!
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 6:56:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Mad-Machinist, weren't you saying that the BHO actuator on the DDLES Glock lowers were basically crap?  Is anything different on the quartercircle BHO mechanism?
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:41:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I just was informed you can get them on Gunbroker Here
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:09:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I just was informed you can get them on Gunbroker Here
View Quote

Talked to guy at QC10 today, he said they will be pumping out about 30 a week.  Im in for 1.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:29:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Mad-Machinist, weren't you saying that the BHO actuator on the DDLES Glock lowers were basically crap?  Is anything different on the quartercircle BHO mechanism?
View Quote

Yes, I too am curious about this Mad-Machinist. I am going to hold out on ordering a large frame lower until the BHO is re-designed and a logo-free option exists...then I'll be contacting you for an upper!
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:47:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Has anyone heard anything about Colt lowers?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:57:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Does anyone know if they'll engrave a lower with my trust name?  It would be nice to save a step.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:08:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Tfl
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:35:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Mad Machinist,  

When you get time I would like to go over some information with you about those lowers.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:41:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

yes I did...I'm working on a retrofit and the QuarterCircle folks are receptive to the changes. The current one can be made to work....just takes a little tweaking and comes with an instruction sheet. Basically the mechanical advantage of the lever is wrong....but it will work when adjusted.
I posted that when I was VERY frustrated.........but I do have a retro fit in the works.....and it will be able to be applied to existing receivers. Hope to be flying out to Tuscon in the near future fo a meet with Russ and his staff............I'm thinking good things will come from it.....

Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, I too am curious about this Mad-Machinist. I am going to hold out on ordering a large frame lower until the BHO is re-designed and a logo-free option exists...then I'll be contacting you for an upper!

No need to hold off......it'll be a retrofit option.....and if it requires minor machine work to install.....we'll be offering that service.....
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:47:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Mad Machinist,  

When you get time I would like to go over some information with you about those lowers.
View Quote

Shoot me an email through the site and ask away.....if I don't know the answer...I'll find out....
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:55:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if they'll engrave a lower with my trust name?  It would be nice to save a step.
View Quote

Save yourself a step and don't bother because engraving is not necessary.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:48:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why wouldn't it be?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:35:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Why wouldn't it be?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why wouldn't it be?

According to the law, the engraving requirement is that of the manufacturer of the lower.  The manufacturer of the lower is QC10, not your trust.  You are going to be registering it as X.  You aren't manufacturing anything.  Therefore, no need to engrave it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:55:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

According to the law, the engraving requirement is that of the manufacturer of the lower.  The manufacturer of the lower is QC10, not your trust.  You are going to be registering it as X.  You aren't manufacturing anything.  Therefore, no need to engrave it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why wouldn't it be?

Form 1.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:01:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Form 1.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why wouldn't it be?

Form 1.

I suppose that is were the confusion stems because it is the "Application to MAKE a firearm."

Still not a requirement....You don't have to take my word for it.  Do some searching there are tons of threads here about it and all kinds of info on the web.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:09:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I suppose that is were the confusion stems because it is the "Application to MAKE a firearm."
Still not a requirement....You don't have to take my word for it.  Do some searching there are tons of threads here about it and all kinds of info on the web.
View Quote

HAHA.  Lets not stomp on this thread with a debate whether you need to engrave your lower to make a sbr.  I just asked a simple question.  I'll be getting it engraved either way.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:12:08 AM EDT
[#24]
My bad, I agree.  there is heated debate about it.  I could be totally misinformed.  But, I have never engraved my SBR lowers and haven't had any issues to date.  For what it's worth.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:28:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why wouldn't it be?

Oh for fucks sake.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:54:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Yeah yeah yeah, my bad.  It seems I was running around with wrong info.  Not the first time, I'm sure it won't be the last.  However, never engraved a lower and never had an issue.  Anyway I'm a retard.  Poke me with a stick and carry on.  LOL  
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:28:07 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm glad they're producing these. I've been wanting one for awhile now.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:48:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
yes I did...I'm working on a retrofit and the QuarterCircle folks are receptive to the changes. The current one can be made to work....just takes a little tweaking and comes with an instruction sheet. Basically the mechanical advantage of the lever is wrong....but it will work when adjusted.
I posted that when I was VERY frustrated.........but I do have a retro fit in the works.....and it will be able to be applied to existing receivers. Hope to be flying out to Tuscon in the near future fo a meet with Russ and his staff............I'm thinking good things will come from it.....

<snip>

No need to hold off......it'll be a retrofit option.....and if it requires minor machine work to install.....we'll be offering that service.....
View Quote

Outstanding!  I've got a DDLES lower that I use as a DIAS host that I had to remove the BHO transfer bar from.  It kept locking the bolt back in the middle of mags and I found it less frustrating to just not have it.  I can still manually engage the bolt hold open, so it's been "good enough", but it'd be nice to have it working for real.

I live just north of Atlanta and am looking forward to meeting you at the HTF shoot in October.

-bob
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:00:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Bob....bring all yer bits and pieces and an extra bolt catch.......the shoot is only 10 minutes from the shop and I'll bet I can get it running reliably.....
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:01:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Just picked up one of their small frame lowers from GB today! I can't wait to get it and start my form 1!
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:28:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Any large frame Glock lowers yet?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:33:46 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

My bad, I agree.  there is heated debate about it.  I could be totally misinformed.  But, I have never engraved my SBR lowers and haven't had any issues to date.  For what it's worth.
View Quote
There is no debate.  The "maker" of a firearm approved on a Form 1 application has to have its information engraved.  I sincerely hope you never do anything that might have your SBRs questioned as to their legality...

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:28:19 PM EDT
[#33]
That is true about the engraving issue being an ongoing debate. Let's keep this thread on topic though.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:45:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Bob....bring all yer bits and pieces and an extra bolt catch.......the shoot is only 10 minutes from the shop and I'll bet I can get it running reliably.....
View Quote

Sweet - thanks!

-bob
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:02:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Any large frame Glock lowers yet?
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:19:56 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

Sounds like it's still best to wait.  As much as these lowers cost not to mention the total cost to build a 9mm AR, the BHO should be fully functional from the factory.  If it doesn't come as a fully functioning part, it should not be sold by the manufacturer.  In what other industry do manufacturers sell products that they know only work half the time and people continue to buy...
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:58:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why wouldn't it be?

A more interesting question is what happens if you don't engrave?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:30:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

A kit or something that will be sold seperately?  What if my current DDLES BHO works perfect?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:31:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

A more interesting question is what happens if you don't engrave?
View Quote

It seems like joleson is willing to be the test case.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:34:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Sure is, have you ever heard of anyone getting locked up or in any kind of scrape for not engraving an SBR lower with their trust?  I haven't.  I'll let you know but don't hold your breath.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:00:47 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Has anyone heard anything about Colt lowers?
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:10:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Sure is, have you ever heard of anyone getting locked up or in any kind of scrape for not engraving an SBR lower with their trust?  I haven't.  I'll let you know but don't hold your breath.
View Quote

No, I agree.  You are correct.  No one checks my Forms either... next time I'll just build an SBR and not file a form.  Should be good to go!
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:25:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

No, I agree.  You are correct.  No one checks my Forms either... next time I'll just build an SBR and not file a form.  Should be good to go!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, I agree you are correct.  Because that is exactly what we were talking about.  On this next project of yours you can just make your own auto sear and, while you're at it, why don't you attach a tactical nuke to it too because that's exactly what I was proposing.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:58:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Maybe I missed it, but what is the difference in the small and large frame lowers?

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:15:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Maybe I missed it, but what is the difference in the small and large frame lowers?

View Quote

9MM/.40 vs 10mm/.45
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:29:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

9MM/.40 vs 10mm/.45
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

9MM/.40 vs 10mm/.45

Gotcha, thanks. The DDLES lower I had was for Colt 9mm stick mags.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 10:48:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Small frame lowers are here

23 available as of this post

$275 plus ship.

They also have some barrels.

View Quote

Colts expected next week.  Large frames about a week later.

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 2:51:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Just ordered mine without the logo on the side.  I called and talked to the owner before placing my order, great guy, great customer service!  Spoke highly of             Mad-Machinist.  Looking forward to your retrofit BHO.!.!.  
After placing my order, I was calling my brother to tell him about Quarter Circle 10, but accidentally called QC10 back and quickly hung up after realizing what I did. A few seconds later I received a call from QC10 saying he had a missed call and was returning the call. I explained to him what had just happened and he laughed and said he would look my order up for me while I was on the phone just to make sure everything was ok with it!  That is A+ customer service!  I will tell everyone I know about this company!!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:53:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Just ordered mine without the logo on the side.  I called and talked to the owner before placing my order, great guy, great customer service!  Spoke highly of             Mad-Machinist.  Looking forward to your retrofit BHO.!.!.  
After placing my order, I was calling my brother to tell him about Quarter Circle 10, but accidentally called QC10 back and quickly hung up after realizing what I did. A few seconds later I received a call from QC10 saying he had a missed call and was returning the call. I explained to him what had just happened and he laughed and said he would look my order up for me while I was on the phone just to make sure everything was ok with it!  That is A+ customer service!  I will tell everyone I know about this company!!!
View Quote

Same here.  I purchased a small frame with Logo removed from side and now it's very small and on the trigger guard.  I've been wanting one of these and ordered all my parts.  Seems like very friendly folks.  Spoke with the owner, Russ.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 6:40:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Mine arrived at my FFL this morning and I picked it up this afternoon.  It has the regular logo and I am just fine with that.  Looking forward to assembling the thing soon!
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top