Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/1/2014 5:54:06 AM EDT
There is a local pawn shop that has a box of S&W M&P 15-22 uppers.  Apparently a security company was using them for training and traded them in.  But didn't want to trade in the lowers, so they cut them up.  I am always looking for a deal.  I have searched to see if I can find just a lower.  Most of the threads and discussion are if you can put a .223 upper on a 15-22 lower.  I just want to source a lower.  Does S&W sell just a lower?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:43:25 AM EDT
[#1]
You could contact S&W, but I don't think the lowers are sold separately...
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:54:02 AM EDT
[#2]
How much they askin' for the uppers?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:58:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

He said $80 for an upper.  I think I can get him down a little paying cash.  It is a pawn shop, they always deal with me.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:11:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
He said $80 for an upper.  I think I can get him down a little paying cash.  It is a pawn shop, they always deal with me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Does this pawn shop have a website?  If not, would you IM or email contact information?

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:13:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Does this pawn shop have a website?  If not, would you IM or email contact information?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same please.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:14:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He is Harrison Street Pawn in Olathe KS
832 S Harrison St, Olathe, KS 66061
(913) 764-7090
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:42:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

(913) 764-7090
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

(913) 764-7090
That's dirt cheap.  I'm going to have to research putting that upper on a milspec lower.

ETA:  Might be more work than it's worth...

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:55:12 AM EDT
[#8]
It will work i have put mine on a ar15  lower but it was really hard to get the takedown pins in and out but you could make it work. only problem would be filling in the buffer tube area as it is flat on a 15-22 for the carrier to rest against.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 2:48:03 AM EDT
[#9]
I would pass unless you just want to build different configurations of uppers, to switch out on your existing 15-22 lower.  15-22 uppers don't fit on standard lowers.  The dimensions are different, which is why someone mentioned banging the pins in, and the magazine wells are different.  Although the 15-22 magazines fit in a standard lower, there is a huge gap, with a lot of play in the magazine.  Even if it stays locked in place, I can't imagine it being very reliable while firing.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 2:50:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It will work i have put mine on a ar15  lower but it was really hard to get the takedown pins in and out but you could make it work. only problem would be filling in the buffer tube area as it is flat on a 15-22 for the carrier to rest against.
View Quote

Aside from the dimensions being different. I don't believe the buffer thing matters.  On the 15-22, everything works within the carrier.  During firing, it would still simply be sitting against the buffer.  I am pretty sure there is not enough power for the buffer and spring to move at all.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 3:00:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I would love to get a couple of those to cannibalize into SBR uppers.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 8:56:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm sitting here with a 15-22 upper and a real AR lower, and there is no way they will fit together, let alone operate, without breaking something.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 10:21:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'm sitting here with a 15-22 upper and a real AR lower, and there is no way they will fit together, let alone operate, without breaking something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Friend, when it comes to the M&P15-22 facts need not stand in the way of the truth.
It is my experience to just let it slide even when you see an obvious untruth because
if you try to set the record straight you'll have those who'll swear you are the liar.

Arguing just isn't worth it.

Ted
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 10:23:50 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Friend, when it comes to the M&P15-22 facts need not stand in the way of the truth.

It is my experience to just let it slide even when you see an obvious untruth because

if you try to set the record straight you'll have those who'll swear you are the liar.

Ted
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ted
^^ This is my philosophy...

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 9:25:44 PM EDT
[#15]
did anyone buy an $80 15-22 upper from this place yet?

that is a hell of a deal
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 4:20:04 PM EDT
[#16]
I found their website and sent them a message like a week ago, but they have never responded  I don't suppose anyone close would be willing to pick up a couple of them and ship them to me>
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 11:50:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Ted
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ted
When there's potential to damage a gun and maim or kill the user over bad advice, it is worth arguing. The 15-22 was designed specifically to NOT be compatible with real AR15 receivers.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 6:23:54 AM EDT
[#18]
I just called and they are sold out. Hoping to SBR one myself.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:32:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Any chance we can get pics of this? Even better would be video of this in action.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top