Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2014 3:31:45 AM EDT
I have an Oly 9mm with an a2 upper and want to swap upper receiver into a flat top.  How hard is it to remove the ejector spring, drill flat top receiver, and reinstall spring in new flat top?  or should i just call oly arms and order a complete  flat top receiver?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 3:45:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Not hard IF you have a milling machine and are capable of locating the datum where they are located from and then drilling them to within .001 inch.
I have seen significant malfunctions induced by having one of the holes slightly mislocated.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:06:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I sent my upper to Oly and they swapped it for me. For the record, my upper was a very early flattop that
Had a non picatinny rail style rail. I think it was weaver-ish sized. Oly swapped it for a regular upper, no charge.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:26:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I sent my upper to Oly and they swapped it for me. For the record, my upper was a very early flattop that
Had a non picatinny rail style rail. I think it was weaver-ish sized. Oly swapped it for a regular upper, no charge.
View Quote

You had a piece of AR history.
Olympic Arms made the first flat top uppers by cutting off the handle and bolting on a Weaver rail.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top