Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2014 3:29:04 PM EDT
I have what is probably a no brainer for y'all but I thought that I'd better ask before laying out the cash.

I have a Colt 9mm set up (Colt upper, Colt barrel, ramped Colt bolt and what I think is a Rock River Arms bottom insert magblock) that runs like a top.  Using Colt and Uzi mags the BHO works.  Uses standard hammers.

I also have an Oly 9mm upper that uses unmodified Sten mags with a socom mag block.  Different but it works great.  Just don't hit the mag release!

Anyway, I am building another 9mm upper.  I have a Colt 9mm upper and a Rock River 16" midlength barrel. I haven't purchased a mag block or bolt yet.  I know I definitely want a ramped bolt.

I know the Colt bolt and RRA mag block work together.  My question is will a CMMG ramped bolt and a Rock River bottom insert mag block work together?  Or should I cough up the extra cash for a ramped Colt bolt?  Or maybe a different mag block?  (Hahn, Spikes, etc.?)
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 3:57:12 PM EDT
[#1]
The only real differerence I have found is the RRA Bolt and hammer have to be together.......I have run a cmmg pattern bolt on a dedicated RRA lower that had the hammer changed with no issues....
Wish you were closer I have a dedicated sten mag lower that uses the D slot in the side of the mag that I got as an 80%.....finished years ago and has been sitting in the safe for years as a stripped lower........might have to trade you out of the Olympic.......
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:15:41 PM EDT
[#2]
How about buying a dedicated colt style lower? Anywhere near Riflegear.com's shop in fountain valley? They carry the CMMG dedicated lower.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:55:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How about buying a dedicated colt style lower? Anywhere near Riflegear.com's shop in fountain valley? They carry the CMMG dedicated lower.
View Quote

I'm in the SF bay area. A new lower would mean a bullet button and 10rd mags.  I have a big box of high caps for my CA legal registered lowers.  But it is a consideration.

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 9:05:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm in the SF bay area. A new lower would mean a bullet button and 10rd mags.  I have a big box of high caps for my CA legal registered lowers.  But it is a consideration.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

10-4. Was happy to get out of Palm Springs last year.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top