Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/30/2014 4:58:51 AM EDT
I'm considering buying a CMMG complete 9mm AR lower. Can I put a standard AR pistol buffer tube on that to be used with a sig pistol brace or are the dimensions different on a 9mm?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:59:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Same threads as a standard AR receiver...
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:02:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Same threads as a standard AR receiver...
View Quote

This.  All the same.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:05:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I was thinking more along the lines of the length of the spring/travel of the BCG.

Glad to know it'll work, thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:51:21 PM EDT
[#4]
The buffer tube will fit and you might be able to use a carbine length spring but you will need a heavier buffer.  Depending on your spring/buffer combo you might want to use some kind of spacer the limit the BCG travel so it doesn't slam into the bolt catch and break it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:08:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The buffer tube will fit and you might be able to use a carbine length spring but you will need a heavier buffer.  Depending on your spring/buffer combo you might want to use some kind of spacer the limit the BCG travel so it doesn't slam into the bolt catch and break it.
View Quote

This.

I'm using a Spikes ST-9X buffer which is around ~1" longer/8.5oz and a stock carbine spring and it works perfect in my SBR.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top