Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/26/2014 11:02:45 AM EDT

Extremely happy with how it turned out.  It's light and maneuvers well. Should be a great trainer/plinker. Just waiting on the bolt and primary arms 1-4x scope and it'll be completely done. Built it for my wife and she's excited to have her own. I think it'll  be a blast.

Taccom 22rf upper
Taccom m4 profile barrel
A1 flash hider
Waiting on taccom bolt
Utg pro model 4 15 quad rail (which was surprisingly decent, especially for the price)
Anderson lower and lpk
Battle link minimalist stock
Burnt bronze cerakote
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 12:53:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats: That's one of the most Awesome Color Combinations I've seen. You did a fantastic job on this build.

Dave in Florida
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 3:33:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. Very happy with how it turned out. Love the burnt bronze.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 7:05:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow! That is a really neat build. First of all, I absolutely love the 22 rimfire ARs right now. Taccom is the only upper I know of with the correct ejection port size. The stock looks to be perfect for a 22lr. The contrasting black and burnt bronze looks about as good as I have seen. This is a really cool build!

I would like to ask a few questions if you are willing to answer them. 1. What are you going to do for a sling? 2. Did you do the Cerakoting yourself, and if not who did it for you? 3. Did you consider Cerakoting any of the stock? 4. How about the bolt and barrel collar in Burnt Bronze as well?

I have recently assembled a couple of 22lr ARs for my children using Taccom's  ULW stock which has an adjustment screw with a ball detent in its center that when assembled it contacts the end plate of CMMG 22lr bolt. I had some trouble with light primer strikes until I adjusted the screw enough to really tighten the upper and lower together.

You and your wife are going to have a great time with the new gun!! I just wish the ammo to feed the thing would be more readily available.

Great job!!
Neo15
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 7:45:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wow! That is a really neat build. First of all, I absolutely love the 22 rimfire ARs right now. Taccom is the only upper I know of with the correct ejection port size. The stock looks to be perfect for a 22lr. The contrasting black and burnt bronze looks about as good as I have seen. This is a really cool build!

I would like to ask a few questions if you are willing to answer them. 1. What are you going to do for a sling? 2. Did you do the Cerakoting yourself, and if not who did it for you? 3. Did you consider Cerakoting any of the stock? 4. How about the bolt and barrel collar in Burnt Bronze as well?

I have recently assembled a couple of 22lr ARs for my children using Taccom's  ULW stock which has an adjustment screw with a ball detent in its center that when assembled it contacts the end plate of CMMG 22lr bolt. I had some trouble with light primer strikes until I adjusted the screw enough to really tighten the upper and lower together.

You and your wife are going to have a great time with the new gun!! I just wish the ammo to feed the thing would be more readily available.

Great job!!
Neo15
View Quote

I actually just put the sling/qd ring from one of my other guns on there. The battle link stock has a qd point on the underside of the stock. Obviously haven't put it through its paces yet but I really like the stock so far.
I had a local guy do it. I'm pretty pleased with the coating. He went a little beyond what I expected by doing the black accent parts and letter fill etc.
I was also pleased with the fitment with this lower. I put the stripped upper on one of my spikes lowers just to see and there was a considerable gap between the receivers.
I didn't really want the stock coated, but it's very possible on future builds.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:45:00 AM EDT
[#5]
With sling

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 2:24:42 PM EDT
[#6]
That is a really, really nice gun. Thanks for the info.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top