Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2014 4:13:45 AM EDT
I have a box of AR parts and I'm pretty sure that the buffer sitting beside the 9mm hammer (that I'm not planning on using) is a 9mm buffer, but it's 10+ years old and doesn't have any markings that ID it as such.  I'm finally getting around to doing a 9mm build and would like to figure out if this is the right buffer or if I need to buy a new one.  Dimensions?  Weight?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:29:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine is solid black and weighs about 5.25 ounces...
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:01:22 AM EDT
[#2]
The Colt style 2 piece mechanical buffer for 9mm weighs 5.47oz.

Should have a roll pin just behind the buffer face that makes contact with the 9mm carrier.

5th one down on the list:   9mm Buffer Pic
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:53:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Any 9mm buffer should be at least 5 oz, my RRA buffer looks like the H4 buffer in the link posted above, weighs 5.4oz. if you have both a standard carbine buffer and a 9mm buffer in your hands you'll easily feel the difference in heft.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:35:16 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a standard carbine buffer.  About 2.9oz.

Thanks for the info.  Looks like I'm in the market for a 9mm buffer now.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top