Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2014 6:32:19 PM EDT
Thinking of buying a LAR 40 upper and throwing it on one of my lowers.  I know I need the 9mm hammer and mag block.  The only thing stopping me is the $55 mags.  Thought about the ddles lower as well but I already have a spare AR15 lower.  I haven't heard of many people doing this with the lar 40 and wondering if it's based on the mag issue?
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 8:59:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Bolt has to be cut for Glock mags if using DDLES Glock mag lower. Lone wolf as well.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 9:08:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes , thank you another reason I may just do the conversion over a ddles lower.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 4:09:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got a 40 SBR I built on a DDLES lower and it works great. I built the upper myself and had a 9MM bolt fixed for Glock magazines and opened up for the 40 by ADCO. I have Glock 40 pistols, so the magazine compatibility was important to me.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 6:46:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Built one for a member here in Ga and am building another 2 for myself right now......one for a DDLES and one for a Lone Wolf.....Hope to finish the barrels tomorrow.......

I bought a batch of the RRA magazines.....and except for the rib in the back for the last round bolt hold open it is basically a copy of a 45 ACP Uzi mag......dimensioned like a standard colt pattern 9mm, and fits in my 9mm dedicated lower magwell.......only objection I have to them is they are rather long......I'd hate to have to take cover quickly with a weapon that used them.......they are MUCH longer than a grease gun mag and that is a tough one to get small with .....Wish they 'd do some around 20 rounds that would be about the same length as a 16 round UZI 45 mags.......I can get about 18 rounds of 40 in one of them.....
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 8:28:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info.  I'm just torn between mags and since I already have spare ar lowers why buy another ddles for $280.  Also my SBR ar 15 receiver could use the magwell adapter from rock river and save me sbr'ing another lower.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:24:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:33:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Built one for a member here in Ga and am building another 2 for myself right now......one for a DDLES and one for a Lone Wolf.....Hope to finish the barrels tomorrow.......

I bought a batch of the RRA magazines.....and except for the rib in the back for the last round bolt hold open it is basically a copy of a 45 ACP Uzi mag......dimensioned like a standard colt pattern 9mm, and fits in my 9mm dedicated lower magwell.......only objection I have to them is they are rather long......I'd hate to have to take cover quickly with a weapon that used them.......they are MUCH longer than a grease gun mag and that is a tough one to get small with .....Wish they 'd do some around 20 rounds that would be about the same length as a 16 round UZI 45 mags.......I can get about 18 rounds of 40 in one of them.....
View Quote

What GG mags are you looking at? The ones I have are 1/2" longer than my RRA 40 mags. They are 1" shorter than the USC/UMP pro mags for the 45
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:36:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
We did run some shorter/lower capacity (24rd I believe) mags, and will again the next time we're stamping mag bodies.
They'll be on the RRA website when available.
Steve/RRA
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
We did run some shorter/lower capacity (24rd I believe) mags, and will again the next time we're stamping mag bodies.
They'll be on the RRA website when available.
Steve/RRA

Excellent......all around I was pleased with the design and execution of the mags I received........
Glad to hear the shorter ones are on the way...............

Quoted:
Quoted:

What GG mags are you looking at? The ones I have are 1/2" longer than my RRA 40 mags. They are 1" shorter than the USC/UMP pro mags for the 45

I stand corrected............................guess it is the optical illusion due to the more slender profile.......either way it IS a welcome addition to the pistol caliber community.

Here is a comparison.......RRA40 on the left, Grease gun middle and USC on the right.....and that is the 15 round USC

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top