Posted: 4/22/2014 9:34:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:48:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Run...

MAHA
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:52:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Some say okay - many others say bad.

Better choices exist - CMMG, TacSol, etc.

YMMV
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:28:33 AM EDT
[#3]
If you are not sure, run away.........
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:45:36 AM EDT
[#4]
IMO, spend another $120 and better quality .22lr upper, or an M&P 15-22. I paid $360 for my 15-22.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:32:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Well I may be swimming against the tide on this but I bought one of those Chiappa uppers and I am happy with its function.
Yes its got a plastic receiver.
And yes the bolt looks like it was machined with a stone ax.
But
It works and it works well.
Are there better things out there yup but for the price I paid I am happy.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:34:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I've only had experience with one Chiappa .22 upper... It was a friend's. It never ran. He'd get one or two shots off before a malfunction. He never made it through an entire mag, even in 4+ range sessions. He tried everything he could think of to get it working. I tried helping him too, also couldn't figure anything out. It was just junk.

Granted, this was a sample of ONE, so I can't speak for the entire product line, just the one I saw.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:07:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Mine is reasonably accurate and does mag dumps with bulk pack fed and win
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:13:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Run.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:44:08 PM EDT
[#9]
initial experience with mine? good

after about 3k rounds? bolt blew up.  yep it self destructed.

got the bolt replaced, shitloads of FTF

ripped it out of the poly upper and now it's good to go.

definitely not going to be as accurate as other 22lr AR systems, but now it runs well.

if i were to do it again (and i probably will)?  i'd go with something else for sure.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:16:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I had to modify my bolt to get it to run.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:18:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I had one and the chrome plating came off the bolt carrier group
and the barrel nut kept coming loose and barrel turning in the receiver.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:25:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had one and the chrome plating came off the bolt carrier group
and the barrel nut kept coming loose and barrel turning in the receiver.
View Quote

I wish I had a dollar for every time I've read this about the Chiappa upper, these are cheaper for a reason.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 8:41:41 AM EDT
[#13]
M-Four PRO II .22 upper

I bought one of those locally for about $270.  My main factor in buying it was that for the price of an M&P15 or higher quality upper was the fact that I could just get a real 5.56 upper at those prices.

Does it run perfect? No, but I have had no feeding or extracting issues.  Just rounds that wouldn't go bang.  I have gone thru 4 mags without any failures to fire and I have had up to 3 rounds in one mag not go bang.  I personally don't mind because it's a cheap upper.

At the sale price in the link, I would buy one if I was set on NOT spending over $300.  I would NOT pay $400 for that upper, or the one I bought though (the reg. price on that site.)

Good deal? Yes.  Quality upper? No.  More like a value upper.   Think of it as a Hi-Point minus the awesome warranty.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top